Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2022, 02:24 PM   #1
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I mean, I?m betting we will look back on all this Dragic talk and be just fine he isn?t on the roster. I don?t see too many available minutes with the Bulls, but good luck to him. Just genuinely curious what they?re doing behind the scenes for a 2nd ball handler and backup PG, because it?s a glaring need tbh
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I mean, I?m betting we will look back on all this Dragic talk and be just fine he isn?t on the roster.
That really isn't the point. I didn't even care about getting him, but this is a league of optics and perception. Why even give him an offer if it wasn't a genuine one? Do you really think he would join Luka just to sit on the bench and not play with him?

Like are we really in the business of telling potential guards this when we don't even have a backup pg on the roster?

If we make some big moves later on, fine, but right now it looks dumb. If you want to piss off Luka, then this is exactly how you would do it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:19 PM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I mean, I?m betting we will look back on all this Dragic talk and be just fine he isn?t on the roster. I don?t see too many available minutes with the Bulls, but good luck to him. Just genuinely curious what they?re doing behind the scenes for a 2nd ball handler and backup PG, because it?s a glaring need tbh
As Devinharris stated why on the hell did Dallas even bother making him an offer to begin if your going to put those stupid stipulations?

I'll say it again Cuban as an owner has really slipped IMO.

The difference between this guy from 10-15 years ago til today is like night and day.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:56 PM   #4
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
As Devinharris stated why on the hell did Dallas even bother making him an offer to begin if your going to put those stupid stipulations?

I'll say it again Cuban as an owner has really slipped IMO.

The difference between this guy from 10-15 years ago til today is like night and day.
I don't think he was ever good at trying to be a Jerry Jones GM owner. Sure we used to be good at trades and maybe he deserves some credit but that was probably Donnie on the phone and he wasn't even owner when Dirk was drafted. Also don't forget he let Nash walk, Tyson Chandler walk etc..... Other than Dirk and Luka we've had better free agents walk out than the ones that signed here. I wish he would sell the team.

We also could have Giannis which is who Donnie wanted, but Cuban traded down to save a few hundred thousand for cap space for Dwight freaking Howard. Although we wouldn't have Luka if we had Giannis.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-13-2022 at 04:03 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote