Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-16-2024, 10:52 AM   #1281
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's just too bad that if we make it to the WCF that we have to play Denver because Boston doesn't scare me at all.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2024, 10:52 AM   #1282
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

bbcode link image
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:12 AM   #1283
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's just too bad that if we make it to the WCF that we have to play Denver because Boston doesn't scare me at all.
Whoa. At the beginning of the season, I had Denver and Celtics in the finals and Boston IF HEALTHY winning it all.

I think both of those teams are better than us right now, but anything is possible. We are a total wild card. When everything is clicking we look like we can compete. My concern is, We have stretches of low IQ basketball that its hard to overcome against great teams.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 12:06 PM   #1284
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Whoa. At the beginning of the season, I had Denver and Celtics in the finals and Boston IF HEALTHY winning it all.

I think both of those teams are better than us right now, but anything is possible. We are a total wild card. When everything is clicking we look like we can compete. My concern is, We have stretches of low IQ basketball that its hard to overcome against great teams.
Boston without KP is vulnerable. If he comes back, then yes they are.

If he doesn't come back, then it's likely a Denver repeat.

Mavs have a chance if Luka can play like last night. He gets a few days off.

Question is does that actually help or hinder him?

Old 05-16-2024, 12:14 PM   #1285
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Idk what to make of Luka hurting. Last night he looked 85%. Previous nights he has looked 50%. I just hope they aren't givinf him injections to get through.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:50 PM   #1286
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

image upload

This will hopefully be my last graph of the 2nd round

The good news is that we just need one more win. Teams that go up 3-2 win around 85% of the time, and we're playing at home.

The bad news? We're not done yet. Five teams in the last three years have come back from a 2-3 deficit, including the Mavs of two years ago, who were down 2-3 to the Suns, tied it at home, and eviscerated the very fabric of the Suns franchise in Phoenix in front of home fans.

If we lose at home on Saturday, we go from 85% favorites to 44% underdogs. Teams that lose game six and play game seven away lose the series 56% of the time.

If we win? Hopefully, Minny can force a game seven, and we can sit and wait for the series winner while getting Luka some rest and Kidd a chance to draw up some adjustments.

We lose? We go from overwhelming favorites to win the whole thing to underdogs and have to go into OKC with their homecooked refs to face a brutal game seven.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-16-2024 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:52 PM   #1287
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

image upload

This will hopefully be my last graph of the 2nd round

The good news is that we just need one more win. Teams that go up 3-2 win around 85% of the time, and we're playing at home.

The bad news? We're not done yet. Five teams in the last three years have come back from a 2-3 deficit, including the Mavs of two years ago, who were down 2-3 to the Suns, tied it at home, and eviscerated the very fabric of the Suns franchise in Phoenix in front of home fans.

If we lose at home on Saturday, we go from 85% favorites to 44% underdogs. Teams that lose game six and play game seven away lose the series 56% of the time.

If we win? Hopefully, Minny can force a game seven, and we can sit and wait for the series winner while getting Luka some rest and Kidd a chance to draw up some adjustments.

We lose? We go from overwhelming favorites to win the whole thing to underdogs and have to go into OKC with their homecooked refs to face a brutal game seven.
But we haven't lost 2 in a row in the POs. This is also following the same pattern as last series.
Loss
Win
Win
Loss
Win
Win

Old 05-16-2024, 09:53 PM   #1288
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

With Minny up 41 right now, it looks like that series will go 7 games. All the more important that we win on Sat.

1) If we lose Sat, there's a real chance we get eliminated in game 7.

2) If we can win Sat, we can buy Luka some rest while the Den-Min series plays out.
Old 05-16-2024, 11:58 PM   #1289
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

First round +\- leaders

1) Luka
2) Kyrie
3) DJJ
4) PJ

Second round +/- leaders
1) Lively
2) Irving
3) PJ
4) Luka
Old 05-17-2024, 12:17 AM   #1290
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Playoff PJ: 40% from three
Last 25 games PJ: 39% from three

I thought he was bad but just had a shooting streak, but he?s been good for a while. Maybe I just developed my conception of his game early and he?s quietly just an excellent shooter now?
Old 05-17-2024, 02:06 AM   #1291
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Playoff PJ: 40% from three
Last 25 games PJ: 39% from three

I thought he was bad but just had a shooting streak, but he?s been good for a while. Maybe I just developed my conception of his game early and he?s quietly just an excellent shooter now?
Dear god here?s hoping. Because a consistently elite 3 and D guy is exactly what this team needs to win a title. That and an elite sixth man.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:03 AM   #1292
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This made me burst out laughing

https://fxtwitter.com/chatniggah/sta...GLOFNhODw&s=19
Old 05-17-2024, 09:52 AM   #1293
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Saw Bruce Brown trade rumors. Man, that guy is making 22.5 mil a year. DJJ is on par with him talent-wise. Just concerns me that we won't have the money to keep him even if he wants to stay. DJJ is worth at least 10 mil a year. We only have the taxpayer MLE 5.9 mil and would have to move THJ to get the regular MLE of 12.9 mil.

It's doable, but I feel like we're always trying to trade THJ and it never happens.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:00 AM   #1294
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Saw Bruce Brown trade rumors. Man, that guy is making 22.5 mil a year. DJJ is on par with him talent-wise. Just concerns me that we won't have the money to keep him even if he wants to stay. DJJ is worth at least 10 mil a year. We only have the taxpayer MLE 5.9 mil and would have to move THJ to get the regular MLE of 12.9 mil.

It's doable, but I feel like we're always trying to trade THJ and it never happens.
should be easier since he's an expiring but yeah i could see us having to throw in something else to make someone bite

I think chemistry is underrated and running it back with the current squad would be amazing as the guys get to know their roles and how to play with one another. We never had that chance with the 2011 team and regardless of what happens this year it'd be fun to keep most of the same core players. the 2011 team other than chandler - many of the main guys had been there at least part of a year or more prior to that.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:55 AM   #1295
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I may be a homer, but I feel like Brown is the Hardy we have at home.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:12 PM   #1296
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

This is really remarkable. Kid is going to be defensive player of the year sooner rather than later...

https://x.com/DL2Muse/status/1791509715421131119

Old 05-17-2024, 01:12 PM   #1297
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is really remarkable. Kid is going to be defensive player of the year sooner rather than later...

https://x.com/DL2Muse/status/1791509715421131119
I fucking love this guy.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:30 PM   #1298
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Well at least OMAX is waiting in the wings if they don't find way to keep DJJ.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 02:18 PM   #1299
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

LUKA DONCIC and KYRIE IRVING are both playing the defense of their lives in the playoffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXFet1njJWU

This guy has been great - most of his videos have been bashing players/coaching, but in this one he actually gives credit to Luka and Kyrie for their defense.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:47 PM   #1300
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
Well at least OMAX is waiting in the wings if they don't find way to keep DJJ.
Actually like the idea of bringing him along the right way. OMax can get more spot minutes next year and then be depended on more to play consistent minutes and maybe start the year after.

OMax has all the physical tools, his shooting is improving (24% from three before the ASB and 41% after), and has some decent defense. He just needs some time to watch and get mentored.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:48 PM   #1301
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Where has this guy been? You can tell by the logical and common sense way he answers this that it's tied directly into how he has been coaching lately. Refreshing.

https://x.com/sixfivelando/status/1791546627158618492

Like even the PJ stuff on using him more on offense. Honesty is really all we ever ask for.

Old 05-17-2024, 03:31 PM   #1302
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Actually like the idea of bringing him along the right way. OMax can get more spot minutes next year and then be depended on more to play consistent minutes and maybe start the year after.

OMax has all the physical tools, his shooting is improving (24% from three before the ASB and 41% after), and has some decent defense. He just needs some time to watch and get mentored.
I think watching and mentoring has been happening this year.

Didn't mean to give him 30 mpg but a small regular consistent role assuming he is doing the job off the bench while Hardy and Green step up more would be the way to go. One of Exum or Green can start. Exum was to good to throw in the towel based on his playoff performance so far.

I think unloading THJ and/or Maxi might help keep DJJ. Would like the the trio of OMAX, DJJ, PJ handling the forward spots. I know there is the Maxi at small ball center lineup but he can't stay healthy and Lively seems quite capable defensively as a small ball center. Be nice if he at lease developed a mid range shot. His FT form looks good.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 03:40 PM   #1303
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:

Didn't mean to give him 30 mpg but a small regular consistent role assuming he is doing the job off the bench while Hardy and Green step up more would be the way to go. One of Exum or Green can start. Exum was to good to throw in the towel based on his playoff performance so far.

I think unloading THJ and/or Maxi might help keep DJJ. Would like the the trio of OMAX, DJJ, PJ handling the forward spots. I know there is the Maxi at small ball center lineup but he can't stay healthy and Lively seems quite capable defensively as a small ball center. Be nice if he at lease developed a mid range shot. His FT form looks good.
something like this then?

C - Gafford, Lively
PF/SF - PJ, DJJ, Omax, (Maxi?)
SG - Kyrie, Green, Hardy
PG - Luka, Exum

Trade THJ to make room to keep DJJ
Would be nice to pick up another big wing and/or a point of attack defender (jamal shead?)
Old 05-17-2024, 03:43 PM   #1304
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Kinda weird that they scheduled a game 7 time when we haven't even played a game 6 yet.

They didn't do that for the Nuggets/Wolves.

Old 05-17-2024, 04:01 PM   #1305
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Kinda weird that they scheduled a game 7 time when we haven't even played a game 6 yet.

rigged?
Old 05-17-2024, 04:32 PM   #1306
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

OMAX can fill Maxi's void given his length. Would still leave a smaller void at backup PF/C. But I'd also want to use THJ space to clear for Jones + another wing.

What do we think the market is for DJJ?

O/U $12MM annually?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 05:53 PM   #1307
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Knicks-Pacers take precedence on the ABC schedule, despite being at 3-2, the time of their Game 7 will be 12:30 on Sunday afternoon. Wolves-Nuggets will need to wait to see if the Pacers-Knicks need a Game 7. If not, Wolves-Nuggets will go at the 12:30PM slot on Sunday after noon. If Knicks-Pacers need a Game 7, Wolves Nuggets will probably go down soon after the Knicks Pacers Game 7 is done.

Being the single game left on Monday, the time can be locked in....They probably won't start the Knicks (if over in 6) -Celtics until middle of next week, NBA needs some time to bask in this juicy matchup.

Last edited by Kidd Karma; 05-17-2024 at 05:55 PM.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:03 PM   #1308
SMC0007
Guru

DJJ isnt leaving.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:18 PM   #1309
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend that?s trying to register on the site. Is there an issue with registering at the moment?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:27 PM   #1310
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I have a friend that?s trying to register on the site. Is there an issue with registering at the moment?
Is it justjay? I think he got in as I saw JustJay2024, but I'm not positive.

Old 05-17-2024, 09:43 PM   #1311
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mods (well, mod) don't have password privileges. I think its only DJ and hasn't been on in 3-4 years as far as I can tell. Justjay can create a new account
Old 05-17-2024, 09:49 PM   #1312
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Mods (well, mod) don't have password privileges. I think its only DJ and hasn't been on in 3-4 years as far as I can tell. Justjay can create a new account
They said they aren't getting a confirmation email when they start a new account.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:37 PM   #1313
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They said they aren't getting a confirmation email when they start a new account.
Junk Mailbox maybe?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:40 PM   #1314
Scoobay
Golden Member

If/when you get a hold of DJ maybe add dhws and/or spiral as mods and get some more access to run the site?
Old 05-18-2024, 11:06 AM   #1315
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Tony Brothers tonight

Mavs are 0-2 in the two games Brother reffed.
Old 05-18-2024, 11:11 AM   #1316
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Could?ve sworn they had game 7 scheduled for the clippers Mavs series could be wrong tho
Old 05-18-2024, 11:12 AM   #1317
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tony Brothers tonight

Mavs are 0-2 in the two games Brother reffed.
Fuuuuuuck that?s what I said a page back, that was my only worry for game 6.

Prepare for this game to be called tight, and our bigs are in trouble.
Old 05-18-2024, 11:26 AM   #1318
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Could?ve sworn they had game 7 scheduled for the clippers Mavs series could be wrong tho
They did. Game 7 was scheduled for May 5th.
Old 05-18-2024, 12:32 PM   #1319
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wasn't Lively the guy that hit over 20 three pointers in a row in practice before the season started?
I know it was only practice, but you have to have some type of outside shooting ability to do that.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 04:49 PM   #1320
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Wasn't Lively the guy that hit over 20 three pointers in a row in practice before the season started?
I know it was only practice, but you have to have some type of outside shooting ability to do that.
He hit quite a few in a row on Mavs IG page. Think Gaff stepped up after him and hit 1-2 as well.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote