Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2001, 08:28 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If juwan can average 8.2 rebounds for the first month of the season and can also keep from being outscored an average of 1.5 points per game by the opposing teams pf....then i'll give him credit...and i'll lay off of him for awhile.

until then, there's no reason for me to not bash him into the ground. he deserves it and will keep getting bashed until i deem him worthy of any kind of praise
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2001, 01:41 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The Sporting News is reporting that the Knicks may be interetested in Howard if they fail to sign Webber. What do you think about that?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 01:43 PM   #3
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I would say there's no-one on the Knicks worth sneezing at.
Old 07-05-2001, 01:51 PM   #4
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Except Houston and next years first rounder, which is unlikely ... but hey they're the ones who put themselves in this position anyway . . .
Old 07-05-2001, 01:52 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say trade juwan howard for charlie ward straight up, just to be done with his sorry ass.

memo to nellie-part of this statement is intended merely for shock value, but get rid of him, please
Old 07-05-2001, 01:53 PM   #6
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

How about a three-way with Dallas, NY, and Portland involving Dale Davis?
Old 07-05-2001, 02:31 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

How 'bout a 3 way with the Mavs, Knicks, and Kings.

Webber to Mavs, J. Howard to Knicks, and A. Houston to the Kings. Obviously there would be more involved.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 03:02 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think if that were to happen, the gist would involve Howard going to the Kings, Webber to the Knicks, and Houston to the Mavs.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:25 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

dj - I hope that's not going to happen. Why would we want Houston?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 04:27 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

I don't think I'd trade Howard for Houston straight up, but I would like to have Houston here. He would solidify the sf position and allow Dirk to slide over to the 4, which I think he's more suited to.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:45 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

That would be a much better lineup
nash
finley
houston
dirk
bradley

much better lineup than
nash
finley
dirk
howard
bradley

if new york wanted to make that trade, i'd do it in a second..
the only drawback is that i like dirk at the 3 spot..
but, with the offense that the mavs run..it doesn't really matter too much, he'll get his looks from the outside and inside regardless what position he's playing...
but i do like dirk going up against the shorter sf's though
Old 07-05-2001, 07:50 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Don't worry Murphy...I don't think Nelli is gonna ask for your permission.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:57 PM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

Juwan for Allan Houston?? You've gotta be kidding me! Juwan is a pure scorer who can create his own shot in the low post and will consistently provide 15+ points and 7+ rebounds per game for the next two years before giving us a $20 million salary cap slot. Allan Houston is an over-the-hill two guard whose 20.8 PPG scoring average is going to steadily decline for the rest of the career, who drives worse than Finley, who plays defense worse than Juwan, and who gets fewer rebounds and assists than Cedric Ceballos with both arms tied behind his back. Not a good trade, especially when we already have a starting two...
Old 07-05-2001, 07:59 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

Would you do a Juwan for Houston/Harrington or Houston/Rice trade? Just wondering.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:08 PM   #15
Mavinator
Golden Member

Arrgh... good question. I'm convinced Harrington is worthless if he couldn't even get decent minutes on a NY team with only two legitimate frontcourt players. Talent-wise, Juwan for Houston AND Rice is a huge steal... but it doesn't fit our needs. That's a good trade on paper, but as the Mavs, I don't give away our only low-post threat for more swingmen, and I don't really think New York does that deal, either.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:27 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

hey, hold on mavinator..there's no such thing as a player for player swap in the nba anymore.
well, not often, ..of course there would be more players involved.
Old 07-06-2001, 01:41 PM   #17
Mavinator
Golden Member

Yeah, you're right... I'd need to know the complete trade before I made any calls on it.