Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2003, 09:11 AM   #1
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

The number 3 seed Pacers were upset by Boston last night, and chaos reigns in Indiana. Ron Artest had to be restrained by police from attacking the crowd, and he fought with one of the Pacers assistant coaches. Jermaine O'Neal says he will not play for anyone in Indiana except Isiah Thomas, who may be out the door soon.

The question for Mavs fans is, can we take advantage of this situation? Do we want anything to do with any of these psychos? Because the Pacers may not.

We can talk about Detroit too when they become only the 3rd top seed in history to begin their vacation in early May...
Old 05-02-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

One good thing yesterday was all the teams that faced elimination lost. Maybe NBA wants the second round to start and thus Ref's might give calls to the team leading the series.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:30 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< One good thing yesterday was all the teams that faced elimination lost. Maybe NBA wants the second round to start and thus Ref's might give calls to the team leading the series. >>

The NBA wants games on Sunday. They have pretty much said that there will no more than one Game 1's on Sunday unless there are no Game 7's on Sunday. It is to the NBA's advantage to have game 7's on Sunday.

If you believe the NBA conspiracy theories, you have to assume the refs are going to butcher the Mavs tonight, in an effort to make the series go the distance.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

Jermaine O'neal said he wouldn't consider leaving Indiana unless there was a &quot;complete meltdown&quot;. Does this rate??
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<< Jermaine O'neal said he wouldn't consider leaving Indiana unless there was a &quot;complete meltdown&quot;. Does this rate?? >>

Well, Marty Burns of si.com seems to think that the Pacers' defeat doesn't qualify as a complete meltdown, saying &quot;let’s save the &quot;total meltdown&quot; tag for a team that might deserve it later, like the Pistons -- or perhaps the Mavericks.&quot;

I am SO SICK of this already. We HAVE to win tonight.

RE: Jermaine O'Neal, I think the only likely option for him--other than staying in Indiana, which I think is probable-- is SA.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:26 AM   #6
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

<< We HAVE to win tonight >>

Abso-freaking-lutely. GET THIS SERIES OVER WITH! Mavs, repeat after me: We are a much better team than the Blazers, we are a much better team than the Blazers...

Honestly if the Mavs drop this one I don't think I can bring myself to watch the next game or I'll probably start destroying random objects in the room from the stress level.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:35 AM   #7
ariosto

<<

<< Jermaine O'neal said he wouldn't consider leaving Indiana unless there was a &quot;complete meltdown&quot;. Does this rate?? >>

RE: Jermaine O'Neal, I think the only likely option for him--other than staying in Indiana, which I think is probable-- is SA.
>>

I was thinking if he's going to leave for SA or elsewhere, we could maybe offer a sign-and-trade. Indy would love something back if he were going to leave anyway.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Its absolutely a meltdown. The Pacers have two all-stars Oneal and Miller.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:19 PM   #9
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

<<

<<

>>

I was thinking if he's going to leave for SA or elsewhere, we could maybe offer a sign-and-trade. Indy would love something back if he were going to leave anyway.
>>

12 million in salary tied up to facilitate a S&amp;T...doubt they want the $$$ baggage that is Van Exel, Johnson, Wahad....only if you're willing to part w/big 3 is it a possibility. Also, O'Neal would have to be on board. Not too many teams gonna help Cuban out of his cap woes.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:21 PM   #10
ariosto

<<

<<

<<

>>

>>

12 million in salary tied up to facilitate a S&amp;T...doubt they want the $$$ baggage that is Van Exel, Johnson, Wahad....only if you're willing to part w/big 3 is it a possibility. Also, O'Neal would have to be on board. Not too many teams gonna help Cuban out of his cap woes.
>>

I think I would be willing to part with Nash or Fin for O'Neal. The guy is putting up 20/20 regularly these days. Whether he would want to come here, I don't know.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:23 AM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Any S&amp;T for O'Neil necessarily involves BYC issues. Thus, very unlikely.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 11:27 AM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Indiana will keep O'Neal, and probably pay him the max. Momma Walsh didn't raise no fool.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote