Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Follow my lead here. I was going to fill one out for many of you in advance, but I didn't want to make any mistakes. Who is your obviously favorite Maverick, the one Mav you defend the most because you really think he is worth defending, your team captain, the most underappreciated, and the one guy that spares you to death. Be honest....we all will know if you aren't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ONE PICK ONLY!!!!!

Doc's Picks
Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Nick Van Exel
Captain- Mike Finley
Most underappreciated - Shawn Bradley
Biggest spare - Raja "no talent" Bell
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2003, 11:46 AM   #2
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Nash
Captain- Avery Johnson
Biggest spare - Evan Esch

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:53 AM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Sentimental Favorite - Bradley
Best Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Shawn Bradley, Nick Van Exel, Don Nelson, Raef LaFrenz
Captain - Dirk
Most overappreciated - Eduardo Najera
Biggest spare - I have a rotating shit list that includes Adrian Griffin, Najera, and Bell. Right now, the shit list only includes Griffin and Bell. Great game seven by Eddie!

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:57 AM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Big surprise...

Favorite Maverick - Eduardo Najera
I defend - Eduardo Najera
Captain- Avery Johnson
Biggest spare - Griffen
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:01 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Nick Van Exel
Captain- None, I think this team is missing leadership
Biggest spare - Raef, relative to my expetations

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Michael Finley
Captain - Michael Finley
Most underappreciated - Nick Van Exel
Biggest spare - Raef LaFrentz
Old 05-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite Mav: Dirk

I defend: bradley, finley

Captain: (a bit broad) dirk leads on the floor with his play, fin leads more off the floor, nash runs the offense

Most underappreciated: dirk (i truly believe that people don't realize how great he is..and he'll only get better)

biggest spare: mark cuban
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #8
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Favorite Mavericks - Dirk & Fin
I defend - The 1st amendment
Captain- Avery Johnson
Biggest spare - Evan Esch, Rig-a-don't, Popeye (all 3 deserve it)

Old 05-05-2003, 12:25 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

lawyer humor...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

I Defend: Fin
Captain: AJ
Most Underappreciated: Nick (but I'd still trade him at the right price...)
Biggest Spare: Raef (at least for a guy who was supposed be be a lot more than a spare)
Old 05-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #11
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Raef
Captain- Nick
Biggest spare - Rigadeau
Old 05-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Shawn
Captain- Fin
Most underappreciated - Shawn
Biggest spare - Rigadeau. I like bell!
Old 05-05-2003, 01:04 PM   #13
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Shawn Bradley
Captain- Mike Finley
Most underappreciated - Don Nelson
Biggest spare - other than the obvious ... Adrian Griffin
Old 05-05-2003, 01:06 PM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Favorite Mav - Dirk
I defend - Bradley if anyone
Captain - Fin, AJ
Underappreciated - Bradley
Overappreciated - Najera
Spare - Raef (considering expectations)
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:19 PM   #15
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

favorite mav - fin
i defend - nellie
captain - fin
underappreciated - griff
biggest spare - rigadeau

Old 05-05-2003, 01:25 PM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Favorite: Dirk
I defend: I wish the Mavs did.
Captain: Fin/AJ
Most Underappreciated: Fin.
Most Overappreciated: Nájera.
Biggest Spare(s): LaF and Mantis.
Biggest All-or-Nothing: NVE.
Biggest Disappointment: The Pacifist.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:26 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - The mavs in general.
Captain - Mike Finley
Biggest spare - Raef LaSpare
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:27 PM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Captain: Fin
Most Underappreciated: Fin
Biggest Spare: Frenchie
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. ā€“ Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:36 PM   #19
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Captain: Fin
Most Underappreciated: Fin
Biggest Spare On Playoff Roster: Evan Eschmeyer
Biggest Spare Regular Season Roster: Rigadaeu

signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:41 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Favorite Maverick - Eddie
I defend - NVE
Captain - AJ
Most underappreciated - Fin
Biggest spare - Raef LaFoul (not always. but for what he's paid, is it really too much to ask for more than 3 dominating appearances all season?)
Old 05-05-2003, 01:43 PM   #21
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Favorite Maverick - Nick Van Exel
I defend - Nick Van Exel
Captain- Mike Finley
Most underappreciated - Eduardo Najera
Biggest spare - Evan
Old 05-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #22
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Nick Van Exel usually, sometimes Raef [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Captain - Finley
Most underappreciated - Finley
Biggest spare - Riggy (duh!)[/i] >>

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 02:43 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite Maverick - Finley, Najera, Dirk
I defend - Finley
Captain- Finley, AJ
Most underappreciated - Finley
Biggest spare - Raef
Old 05-05-2003, 03:08 PM   #24
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Favorite Maverick - Lalo
I defend - Sweets
Captain- Fin forever
Most underappreciated - Griff
Biggest spare - Riga
Most overappreciated - None
Most disappointing - LaF
Bungee - Shawn
Pretty - Smiles
Most respected after removing the headband - NVE
Best future coach chewing gum - AJ
Equilibrist - Nelson.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:27 PM   #25
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

<< Equilibrist - Nelson. >>

Dude, I had to look that word up. Equilibrist? Way to stump the english speakers!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:41 PM   #26
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Favorite-Undetermined
I defend-Steve Nash
Captain- technically: Nash &amp; Finley
Most Underappreciated- Finley....Duh
Biggest Spare- Bradley/Raef/Najera, whichever one doesn't start.
Most Skilled- Dee Dee(Dirk)
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:59 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<<

<< Equilibrist - Nelson. >>

Dude, I had to look that word up. Equilibrist? Way to stump the english speakers!
>>

It was Bulgarian. Since Eminem my diction is a mess (more).

Aerialist - Nelson

Old 05-05-2003, 04:14 PM   #28
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

favorite maverick - dirk
i defend - steve
captain- mike
most underappreciated - shawn
biggest spare - evan
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:24 PM   #29
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Biggest spare : tied between bradley and Raef they look fantastic in one game and in the others they don't show at all.Biggest reason we play small ball.
Superstar now and future best player in the league Dirk Nowitzki.
Favorite Player: Eddie Najera/Nick oh hell all of them.
Biggest X factor in the next season: Finley if he gives us 20 pts a game in this series we win.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:31 PM   #30
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Favorite Maverick - Nash
I defend - Finely
Captain- Finely
Biggest spare - Evan

I have to write the word Dirk somewhere in this post, because
my list kind of looks a bit bare without him....but he is the awesomest
awesome that ever awesomed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:41 PM   #31
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Favorite Mav - Dirk
I defend - Cubes
Captain - Finely, AJ
Biggest spare on playoff roster - Esh
Biggest spare for season - Rigadeau
Fattest Ass - Popeye
Best Interview - AJ
Most Athletic - Fin
Most Skilled - Dirk
Best Player - Dirk
Worst Hair - Nash
Biggest Cancer - Nellie
Best bench player - NVE
Biggest disappointment - Raef
Old 05-05-2003, 06:28 PM   #32
NajFan

NajFan is on a distinguished road

Favorite-- Eduardo
Best---- Dirk
Most resembling
of a Barkley's love
child --- NVE
Captain --- AJ
Give the $$ back
category--- LaF
OverANDunderapreciatted-- Eddie
Old 05-05-2003, 10:28 PM   #33
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Finley
Captain- Finley
Most underappreciated - Adrian Griffin
Biggest spare - Popeye

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #34
RoyTarpley

RoyTarpley is on a distinguished road

Favorite Maverick: Dirk Nowitzki
I defend: Nick Van Exel
Capn: Findawg
Most unappreciated: Bradley
Biggest spare: Popeye (much as I hate to say that)

You A hATA OR a pLAYA Playa hATA?
RoyTarpley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:17 PM   #35
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Sentimental Favorite - FIN
Best Maverick - DIRK
I defend - FIN, RAJA, EDDIE
Captain - FIN
Most underappreciated - RAJA &quot;should get more PT&quot; BELL
Most overappreciated - BRADLEY [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Biggest spare - GRIFF, i like his effort, but feel like others could contribute more.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:27 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Favorite Maverick - Mike Fin
I defend - Nellie, Mike and Nick
Captain- Mike Finley
Most underappreciated - I can't choose between Najera or Fin
Biggest spare - Raef( He has dissapointed me alot. He is by no means a spare but he is capable of a better performance then he has been giving.

Extras:

Mavs i'd like to see get some pt: Griff, TAW and Raja
Mavs i'd like to see be here next season : This current roster with the exceptions of PJ, Esch and Rig.

I love AJ probaly more than anyone on this site but if the opprotunity comes to get a young guy for him I would hope the Mavs take it and somehow give AJ some kind of coaching position here when his career is over. It seems like these players listen to AJ and respond to him more than they do Nellie.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:18 PM   #37
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

Favorite Maverick - Dirk
I defend - Nick Van Exel
Captain- Mike Finley
Most underappreciated - Shawn Bradley, Raja, TAW
Biggest spare - Poppye and Riggi (how long contract he got )
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote