Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Hell the lakers lost one game are they suddenly feeling the dominance of San Antonio. Are the sixers suddenly waking in their boots because they lost to Detroit. The answer is probably not. Why is kobe such a great defender because he knows that shaq has him to bail him out. This team has spares at the center position and somehow the find away to compete. They could have folded but they didn't they cut a huge lead down to 11.

Its no fluke that the mavs have trouble defensively but when the threes aren't falling at all the mavs are in trouble. Their aren't many games this season where the three ball isn't falling at all. True they played horribly but if they hit 2-8 threes at the half the lead sacramento has is only 6. Dirk is still a great player right? He still dissected the kings for 18 points and 3 assists or what ever. This team isn't going to be the pistons, or the spurs or the lakers on defense. This team however never gives up. This team has no dopers, pot heads, wife beaters jasonkidd, lyng sobs chris webber , etc.

For all this team faults they won 60 games. No rebounding, no defensive presence and no all around players. Nellie has done an amazing job, but the journey may be over this year. But it doesn't mean you should suddenly say they won't win a title so i don't care. You should care for every spare Raef you have a Najera, for every nick miss , we still have nasty nash. And for every Griffin, Williams, Eschmeyer you have try hard shawn. So the journey may be over for the big three so what? Trades are still possible. Signings for toughness and strength in the middle can happen. At the very least we know that we need a defensive pf son of a gun.

I call out the mavs fan that says we can't win a title? And say Duh, the lakers, kings and spurs have all advanced farther then the mavs. But it doesn't mean you tear down the team completely and just say it sucks. It means you put patches in the lineup PJ Brown, a Karl Malone. You try to make sign and trades for Jermaine Oneal, and Elton Brand's of the world. The more the pipe blows in the not so distance future KG. What will Kevin Mchale do? The journey isn't over it has just begun. Especially if you call yourself a maverick fan for life, at least I do.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I am a MFTT Mavs Fan Til Thursday.

Seriously we criticise because we care. If the people here didn't care or weren't passionate about the Mavs then this would be a very boring board.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:59 PM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

<< I am a MFTT Mavs Fan Til Thursday.

Seriously we criticise because we care. If the people here didn't care or weren't passionate about the Mavs then this would be a very boring board.
>>

I just like giving people hell and the Rangers board is boring until 2005. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Intruder

Intruder is on a distinguished road

I have the feeling that this series will go at least six. Mavs got blown out, big deal... Hope they make the right adjustments and can come up with a better way of attacking the basket. High pick and roll will not cut it against the queens.

good luck

Intruder
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

After every game like yesterday I tend to stop being a mavs fan and then when the next game rolls on I am again a mavs fan. Last year after we were thumped by Kings in the second round I decided not to watch mavs games anymore. But when this season started I did not miss a single game.

Bottomline is we care a lot for this team.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:07 PM   #6
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I'm with ya' JayC!
So many people are fair-weather fans. I used to watch the mvas when the big 3 was Kidd,Jackson, and Mashburn and I was just as passionate about them as I am now. I used to dream that we could be in the playoffs. Championships will come, just be happy right now with what we have. If Mavs suddenly won 11 games next year, it would just be me and JayC at the game, and we would be just as loud as we are now.
-NATE THE GREAT
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Championships will come, just be happy right now with what we have. >>

One of the dumbest things that I've ever read. Championships have to be earned through blood, sweat, tears, and hard work. It takes almost an all consuming desire, lots of talent, and some luck all roled in. It definitely takes heart, clutch play, and a killer instinct. Championships don't just &quot;come&quot;.

I've been a Mavs fan long before the 1st Big Three of Harper, Blackmon, and Aguirre. I love what this team has accomplished after going through the disaster of the 90's. However I still would dearly love to see the Mavs hang a championship banner in the rafters at the AAC. I just don't think they will every do it with the current coaching staff and many of the current players.

The big difference between the Mavs and the Kings is not talent. It's the ability to use what talent they have to its fullest. The Kings get more out of what they have than we do. They are better mentally than we are. They play better as a team instead of a group of individuals as the Mavs are wont to do. We need personnel upgrades in several areas, but more than that we need an effective leader to guide this team to a championship and inspire the players. Someone with balls and fire that's as tough as nails. Hell Nellie isn't even as tough as tissue paper.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I see what your sayin LRB, but when i referred to championships just &quot;coming&quot;, I meant that Dallas will eventually win one. We all know this team is one of the best teams in this league.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:30 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< I see what your sayin LRB, but when i referred to championships just &quot;coming&quot;, I meant that Dallas will eventually win one. We all know this team is one of the best teams in this league. >>

I don't think anybody wants the Mavs to win a championship more than me. While I certainly believe that it is very possible to do so, I do not think that it is inevitable. We must make the very most of our opportunities to make this happen. I have not seen that happen this year. In fact I've seen lots of blown opportunities. Yeah we ca win a championship, but to have the best chance to do so I think we have to make major changes in the off season.