Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-30-2003, 10:58 AM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Disabled Cookie?? WTF?!

Ummm, so when I try to go to this site on my other computer, it tells me my user cookie has been removed. It will not let me go to the log-in page & re-log-in. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. Help??
Old 05-30-2003, 11:08 AM   #2
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I would go to Tools, Internet Options, and than click the button that says Delete Cookies. Close the browser and reopen it. I had the same problem earlier and this worked for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 11:24 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I had the same message yesterday, when the change of software, and had to write again my nick and my password for login.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:52 PM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I had the same problem and deleted cookies as Ummm..Ok said. It worked, but I couldn't log on last night. I wasn't able to post in the game thread. That may be why we lost. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I had the same problem and deleted cookies as Ummm..Ok said. It worked, but I couldn't log on last night. I wasn't able to post in the game thread. That may be why we lost.
i knew it was somehow your fault,cant believe you let us down like that... oh sweets,when will it end?
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:43 PM   #6
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

The reason the Mavs lost was because I wasn't at the game. You guys didn't buy me tickets because you not man (I mean fan) enough.

The Mavs won every game I attended. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 09:00 PM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Dang, Sweets, I can't believe you'd take a risk like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice, I did what you said. Now I have to try to remember all my passwords to all the different sites I go to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2003, 03:52 AM   #8
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, I did what you said. Now I have to try to remember all my passwords to all the different sites I go to.
you create new cookies,like you dont have to Login again everytime you get in D-M.
but if your afraid it may happen again,just feed them the correct E-Mail and if you dont remember your password they will send it to ya.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 12:36 PM   #9
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Ugh!

I keep getting this message on my ibook at home-- I'm running OS X-- and have tried resetting my prefs, deleting old cookies, everything. I cannot use d-m.com at home! Could someone who's techno-savvy-- better yet, Mac-savvy-- help?

It's driving me crazy.

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

You're the second person with a Mac that I know, sturm.

I can't tell the other person anymore that she is the only one in the world with a Mac.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #11
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Ugh!

I keep getting this message on my ibook at home-- I'm running OS X-- and have tried resetting my prefs, deleting old cookies, everything. I cannot use d-m.com at home! Could someone who's techno-savvy-- better yet, Mac-savvy-- help?

It's driving me crazy.

Thanks!
Have you tried throwing it out your window and going down and buying a "REAL" computer? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously I don't know enough about the Macs to help you. Sorry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 06-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ugh!

It's driving me crazy.

Thanks!

I hope they did not Ban you.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Ugh!

It's driving me crazy.

Thanks!

I hope they did not Ban you.
Only the most worthy among posters receive a banning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2003, 01:53 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Disabled Cookie?? WTF?!

Wow I had no idea the cookie problem was so prevalent..sorry guys! I got an e-mail from kg_veteran asking if the site was dead since he hadn't been able to access it since Thursday!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #15
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
Wow I had no idea the cookie problem was so prevalent..sorry guys! I got an e-mail from kg_veteran asking if the site was dead since he hadn't been able to access it since Thursday!
Also I have not been able to change my profile. It gives an error.

Old 06-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
This is just great. LRB and KG out, mff with the lioness icon, doc owning the "private", sturm revealing about her Mac.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Don't let KG get in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Disabled Cookie?? WTF?!

The problem affecting the profile settings is basically the only documented problem at this point..it also affects admin functions, new user registration, etc.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #18
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

So is this cookie thing fixed? If not, will it be fixed? My new job monopolizes my time, so if I can't visit at home, my time at d-m.com will be almost non-existent.

Sniff, sniff. I miss it.

Still no tips for Mac users? And what is all this antipathy towards Apple? Macs and all their accessories-- IPOD!-- are the greatest. So there.

Old 06-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #19
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

whats the matter sturm..... no [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2003, 04:13 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
So is this cookie thing fixed? If not, will it be fixed? My new job monopolizes my time, so if I can't visit at home, my time at d-m.com will be almost non-existent.

Sniff, sniff. I miss it.

Still no tips for Mac users? And what is all this antipathy towards Apple? Macs and all their accessories-- IPOD!-- are the greatest. So there.
Give me the exact error message you are getting, strum.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #21
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Using a different browser might work. I was using IE before this until the cookie problem surfaced and swicthed to Netscape. Maybe the IE I used was outdated because I couldn't find the option to delete the old cookie.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:

Give me the exact error message you are getting, strum.
"Mac attack, Mac attack!"