Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-10-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Was 8 game suspension justified for Sammy?

I thought since this is the hottest topic in sports we should create a poll for this
Old 06-11-2003, 06:44 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't the man suffered enough? A suspension is unneccessary.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 09:04 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Was 8 game suspension justified for Sammy?

Unnecessary? He is a cheater. The precedent has been set that players that cork bats get a 7-10 game suspension. Since he is high profile I think he should have gotten the high end of that range. Baseball is proving to me more and more each day that it is not deserving of you or my attention. It is a dying sport. R.I.P., at least until the Rangers start playing better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Who cares? I actually think bad officiating hurts the integrity of the NBA more than Sosa corking his bat affects the integrity of baseball.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: signoftimes
Who cares? I actually think bad officiating hurts the integrity of the NBA more than Sosa corking his bat affects the integrity of baseball.
I personally do not see any relation between bad officiating and corkked bat.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:20 PM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

yeah, please explain, signoftimes.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:13 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sammy cheated and then lied about it....if he didn't lie about it, he's a total idiot. I haven't heard any athlete come to his side with the exception of those on ESPN...

he cheated..he knew about it.
I hope he gets booed every road game for the rest of his career. If he takes a fastball or two in the ribs because of the shame he has brought baseball..so be it.

What I think is funny is that baseball writers will hold this against him. I hope this keeps him from getting into the hall of fame. Why? Because he is a cheating fraud. Sure, the veteran's committee would eventually put him in..but make the cheater sweat it out
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

If Sosa gets in the hall of fame then Pete Rose should be in there too.