Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #41
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

dumb and dumber 2 without the 2 J's and without the farrely bros... hm, not gonna go go see it.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2003, 09:16 PM   #42
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Boycott the new dumb and dumber. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are NOT in it contrary to the Lloyd Christmas laugh you heard at the end of the trailer before lord of the rings. I'm PISSEDDDDDDDD!!!!!! >>

So who's in it? Danny Ainge and John Thompson?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 09:17 PM   #43
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

hmmm....a sequel to dumb and dumber? not going to see it...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:42 AM   #44
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it's a prequel, guys. takes place while the characters are in high school. i'm not looking forward to it, but like someone said earlier, the guy playing jim carrey's character (is that Lloyd?) does a pretty good job.

and back to american pie... i guess in the first, you could say the main charcaters were biggs, klein, and ian nicholas (they all went through changes and had major parts of the story arc. i thought jim's was the biggest part.)... with finch having a smaller role. in the 2nd, it became clear that the movies centered on biggs. but i can see how'd you be mistaken to think the first was just about klein... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 09:23 AM   #45
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a new trailer up for The Hulk:

Hulk Trailer

actually looks pretty good.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #46
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Seabiscuit: The book was incredible. A really neat depression era story.

Excellent call, GRBH. This will be a huge surprise to most people.

Overall, I don't think that this summer will be all that good. But I'll go with any Robert Rodriguez film.... I'll spend the summer at the Inwood and Angelika.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I plan on seeing Seabiscuit..just didn't think it had much of a chance of being a blockbuster summer hit...but, i'm sure it will be financially successful

You know, last year, I went into the summer thinking it would be a down year similar to this year. But, I believe it'll be a pretty good summer..expect the unexpected to occur at least a couple of times
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #48
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

just saw another preview for pirates of the caribbean.

this movie looks strong. looks like a good performance by depp.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:18 PM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando Bloom will take a step out of the nuturing biosphere that is The Lord of the Rings when Pirates of the Carribean graces the big screen this summer..

is he the one guy who's career will transcend this biosphere? Or will he be the next Luke Skywalker..a man who's career is linked to one character and one character alone
Old 04-22-2003, 03:36 PM   #50
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, he really does look almost completely different in this movie. it's a wonder what no blonde wig and some scruff will do for you.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

you should have seen him directly after filming the LOTR movies.. purple/blue mohawk.. obviously, looked nothing he did in any of the LOTR movies..or PoCarribean for that matter
Old 04-28-2003, 08:52 AM   #52
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Summer Movie Season officially starts friday! X2.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #53
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Summer Movie Season officially starts friday! X2. >>

I'm seeing it Thursday - a perk of being in the industry.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #54
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

so pumped... using my free ticket i got from x-men 1.5...

man, with all the characters and storylines in x-men, they really could make a bunch of these movies. As long as the special effects are great and the plot is decent enough, i'll be there every time.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:41 AM   #55
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Le Bump.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 05-28-2003, 12:44 PM   #56
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I do not mind watching MASK 2. I dunno why noone tried that yet.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:16 PM   #57
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

How bout this one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 10:29 PM   #58
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

How bout this one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

What's it rated?
Old 07-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #59
Dooby
Diamond Member

Default what potential blockbuster movie this spring/summer are you most excited about?

aintitcool.com just gave T3 a great review, which erases many of my doubts about this film.

Old 07-02-2003, 09:13 AM   #60
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: what potential blockbuster movie this spring/summer are you most excited about?

well if it got a good review...
i have to admit it didn't see either of the first two terminators...would it be ok seeing this one without having seen those two?
Old 07-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #61
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Default RE: what potential blockbuster movie this spring/summer are you most excited about?

you haven't seen the first two? say what?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i would assume everyone had at least seen T2.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:14 AM   #62
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

yeah i was kinda youngish when they came out and action movies aren't really my thing. i suppose i should see them though.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:40 AM   #63
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default what potential blockbuster movie this spring/summer are you most excited about?

Quote:
would it be ok seeing this one without having seen those two?
No, it would not be ok to see this movie without seeing the first two, go out right now, rent the first 2, watch them, and then go out and wait in line to see T3
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #64
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

yes sir.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #65
signoftimes

Take it more as a friendly suggestion. What other movies have you not seen, Star Wars?
Old 07-02-2003, 11:50 AM   #66
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

no i have seen all the star wars, thank you very much.
but my mom sucks and is overprotective, so i couldn't see r-rated movies until i was 17. so that's only been like a year, and terminator wasn't all that high on the priority list.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #67
signoftimes

It's ok mandy I know you'll get around to it sooner or later. I'm always surprised at the movies some people have never seen. Then again, I'm sure there are plenty of movies I haven't seen that would surprise people
Old 07-02-2003, 10:34 PM   #68
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - the comic is TOO COOL!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote