Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-21-2003, 08:37 AM   #1
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default Elden Cambell may not be available to Mavs

For what it is worth, this from NY Newsday:

"If the Pacers lose Miller without compensation, they would be in the same situation as the Knicks: searching for a big man. At that point, both might be among the teams that would turn to 35-year-old free- agent center Elden Campbell as their fallback option. But Miami has spoken to Campbell about a multiyear deal, and Philadelphia 76ers representatives recently visited with Campbell in California."

I don't want th eMavs to get into a bidding war over Campbell. Nothing good can come of that.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2003, 09:18 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Elden Cambell may not be available to Mavs

The Mavs are set on signing no one this year instead of over-paying for one like previous years. Smart, but too little too late?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I hope the Mavs don't get him. The doesn't do anything for the Mavs. The worse part about is that he's not a smart basketball player.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

On the other hand, we could aswell ask for Cuban´s and Nellie´s head, since we´re losing out on another useless big guy ...
Old 07-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #5
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

It's a sad day in mavs land when we can even sign the horrible Elden Campbell
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

It´s a sad day in Mavs land if we try to ...
Old 07-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, the Mavs adding Elden Cambell would be subtraction by addition...

Donnie and Mark: Please don't sign a guy just to sign a guy... Let that tub go to fester in Philly or New York, and trust in your big German, and your two-headed shot-blocking monster to man the paint for the Mavs...
Old 07-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Mavs can't even sign Elden Campbell. I guess Donell Harvey and Jumaine Jones are out of the question. Can we even trade this exception? This has got to be one of the worst Mavs offseasons in awhile becuase we are a good team and still can't acquire anyone. Where in the hell did Walt go? Why didn't we resign him if we knew we weren't goign to even have enough players to fill a a team up or maybe Walt just didn't want to come back.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:47 PM   #9
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

I'd rather do nothing than sign this guy. What a waste of space he'd be...
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:21 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Campbell = Huge spare at best.

Thank God.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:31 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Seeing how so many people have not mentioned Dallas of being one of the teams they would like to play for I wonder how Nash feels about the Mavs. I wonder does he even want to play with the Mavs. I know he wants to play with Dirk and the rest of the players on this team but what about the Mavs in general?

1996-2005
Old 07-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

No interest in Elden here.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Seeing how so many people have not mentioned Dallas of being one of the teams they would like to play for I wonder how Nash feels about the Mavs. I wonder does he even want to play with the Mavs. I know he wants to play with Dirk and the rest of the players on this team but what about the Mavs in general?

The Mavs players are damn happy to be here IMHO. I can't imagine it otherwise.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:58 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Rigo was happy to be gone.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:01 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Does Rigo actual count as being a "player"?
Old 07-21-2003, 11:05 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

The Mavs players are damn happy to be here IMHO. I can't imagine it otherwise.

I really hope so but I don't really have to many worries about the players on this team. As a fan of basketball in general I see the Mavs as one of the best fracnises in pro basketball if not the best. Cub gives his players the best. I can't see why the Mavs aren't snatching some of these free agents. That could be that the Mavs don't want any of these free agents I guess.

1996-2005