Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-24-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default WHOA! Did anyone just hear this on Randy Galloway?

Did you guys just hear that teh Mavs thought they had a deal done on Brad Miller without giving up any of the Big 4? Thats crazy thinking you could have Brad Miller and the Big 4 on this team. It might just be a rumor but Galloway says he has some source that reports the Mavs almost had a deal done. I recommend you guys listen. Its on 103.3 ESpn Radio. This is only my 2nd time listening to Galloway but they like to talk Mavs so its okay with me.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It sounds like the Spurs are what killed our chances to getting Brad. They say the deal would've involved AJ. Not suer why they would want Aj after getting another AJ in Anthony Johnson.

1996-2005
Old 07-24-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I'm weary of deals that almost got done.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

They also just said that the Mavs have a player from another team who they are trying to acquire and it has a 40% chance of happening. I wonder who that guy is. Cub also said that Josh Howard will get alot of minutes.

1996-2005
Old 07-24-2003, 03:34 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: jacktruth
I'm weary of deals that almost got done.

If I hear one more story about how some player or some agent or some other team done Cuban wrong.......

He's starting to sound all whiny like Scott Layden.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: WHOA! Did anyone just hear this on Randy Galloway?

am I the only one that can't stand Galloway?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Man... what with all these shoulda, woulda, couldas?

If the Pacers accept Avery it would because of his expiring contract... not totally out of the norm.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:57 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Yea maybe Mark was full fo shit but just think fact of having Brad Miller here without giving up the Big 4 was just crazy to me. Doesn't Brad Miller have to accept a sign and trade? Not sure why the Kings want Brad when they have a guy like Divac's unless they are looking for one of them to head to the bench.

1996-2005
Old 07-24-2003, 04:01 PM   #9
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Divac is old. They are very smart to bring in a younger center before he is too old.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:04 PM   #10
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
No, you're not alone. He's a pompus has been.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:35 PM   #11
Finley's_Girl

Finley's_Girl is on a distinguished road

His thick red-neck accent kills me.

I want Coop and Newy back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Nope. That drunkass old coot annoys the hell out of me.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:43 PM   #13
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: WHOA! Did anyone just hear this on Randy Galloway?

well at least I am in the majority. Believe it or not, I miss Coop and Newy. Newy bugged me, but I would rather have that than Galloway.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:54 PM   #14
Finley's_Girl

Finley's_Girl is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Newy was pretty annoying at times, but Coop was always good to listen to.

I IMed Coop and he said he's in the process of re-negotiating his contract with ESPN. So maybe we will hear him back in the fall. Until then, we will have to suffer with Galloway. Although, I do like Bill Stinneford too.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I'm really enjoying the comments about Galloway. You guys don't know how REALLY accurate you are. When you say that he's a pompous, egotistical drunk...you're right on the money.

Trust me on this one.

He IS EXACTLY that.

Enough said...
Old 07-24-2003, 05:11 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

OP- I met him once at a Rangers Winter Carnival. He wreaked of booze and was a total asswipe to some people who were asking him questions.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:13 PM   #17
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Not my favorite, but better than the alternative for my listening dollar. I can't stand them more.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:18 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't you mean Grandpa Urine?
Old 07-24-2003, 05:35 PM   #19
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Doc...I've known Galloway for 20 years...he also dated my ex-wife (for a few minutes <lol>)

I could tell you a million stories about him....all very repugnant. He was INVOLVED as a participant in the "White House" up to his ugly red neck.

this is NOT a guy that you'd want to spend 10 minutes with ...trust me.

Old 07-24-2003, 06:13 PM   #20
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

He also later on in the program said that the deal with the spurs/kings/pacers isn't official the mavs are holding out hope that it won't go through. Why would the spurs want to help the kings out, especially if they might pass them in the process. After all wiith all the hype that JO and Kidd were coming to SA. All they did was land Nesterovic overrated, and Hedo come on. Pollard's a good role player but why take trash. Norm said that if the pacers had acted fast they would have had miller for 6 years and 30 million.

Interesting stuff on cuban, saying that they have a player on another team they are targetting and a 40 percent chance of happening?
Not to but in Outlet but i don't know a guy on radio that I would want to spend time with. A lot of what galloway says makes a lot of sense to me.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:23 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
He also later on in the program said that the deal with the spurs/kings/pacers isn't official the mavs are holding out hope that it won't go through. Why would the spurs want to help the kings out, especially if they might pass them in the process. After all wiith all the hype that JO and Kidd were coming to SA. All they did was land Nesterovic overrated, and Hedo come on. Pollard's a good role player but why take trash. Norm said that if the pacers had acted fast they would have had miller for 6 years and 30 million.

Interesting stuff on cuban, saying that they have a player on another team they are targetting and a 40 percent chance of happening?

I hear the deal is official though.

1996-2005
Old 07-24-2003, 08:01 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Doc...I've known Galloway for 20 years...he also dated my ex-wife.

I could tell you a million stories about him....all very repugnant. He was INVOLVED as a participant in the "White House" up to his ugly red neck.

this is NOT a guy that you'd want to spend 10 minutes with ...trust me.

I'd be interested in hearing ten minutes of stories though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 10:45 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this post on LMF and while it repeats a lot of what was already posted here, I liked the part I put in bold.

And I wish we could hear something more about this 40% chance of landing a big man that Cuban is talking about. Not great odds, but at least it gives us hope, although it might be Cuban acting like they're doing something.

Anyone else hear the call Cubes made to Randy's show this afternoon. He made a few interesting comments.

One - Donnie's job to evaluate and decide on talet, Don has a say and Mark has last money say. ( We all know he is the owner and should hav ethe last say.

Two- Mavs thought they had Morning, you know what happened, They offered Candy man the full 4.9 and you know what happened. They again thought they had Miller with out giving up any of the big 4 and it fell through. He claims those are the ONLY big men they had an interest in for free agents.

Three - Mark claims Mavs have a 40% chance at a big man in what seemed to mean a trade...he would not expose.

Four - Mark said NO INTEREST with Thomas etc from NY, no discussions have occurred. ( The Detroit Robinson thing never came up, but that one could have legs yet...)

Five - Mark, Don and Donnie now think the perimeter defense is the big reason Bradley and Raef had problems. It seems that issue is going to have focus for the up coming year.

Six - If the Raef trade had not happened last year - Raef would have been one of the very top big guys in demand since his 17 and 7 numbers in Denver justified. Also he still feels Raef will improve alot this year.

Seven - Mavs have decided to go YOUNG with reserves this year, not old. They want yound and up coming players in the 11 through 15 slots.. He believes Howard will playu A LOT of minutes and be a big plus. Don Nelson agrees to this shift to youth as well.

Old 07-25-2003, 02:07 AM   #24
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

All that is very accurate to what Cuban said on the radio.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:20 AM   #25
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I saw this post on LMF and while it repeats a lot of what was already posted here, I liked the part I put in bold.

And I wish we could hear something more about this 40% chance of landing a big man that Cuban is talking about. Not great odds, but at least it gives us hope, although it might be Cuban acting like they're doing something.

Anyone else hear the call Cubes made to Randy's show this afternoon. He made a few interesting comments.

One - Donnie's job to evaluate and decide on talet, Don has a say and Mark has last money say. ( We all know he is the owner and should hav ethe last say.

Two- Mavs thought they had Morning, you know what happened, They offered Candy man the full 4.9 and you know what happened. They again thought they had Miller with out giving up any of the big 4 and it fell through. He claims those are the ONLY big men they had an interest in for free agents.

Three - Mark claims Mavs have a 40% chance at a big man in what seemed to mean a trade...he would not expose.

Four - Mark said NO INTEREST with Thomas etc from NY, no discussions have occurred. ( The Detroit Robinson thing never came up, but that one could have legs yet...)

Five - Mark, Don and Donnie now think the perimeter defense is the big reason Bradley and Raef had problems. It seems that issue is going to have focus for the up coming year.

Six - If the Raef trade had not happened last year - Raef would have been one of the very top big guys in demand since his 17 and 7 numbers in Denver justified. Also he still feels Raef will improve alot this year.

Seven - Mavs have decided to go YOUNG with reserves this year, not old. They want yound and up coming players in the 11 through 15 slots.. He believes Howard will playu A LOT of minutes and be a big plus. Don Nelson agrees to this shift to youth as well.
So, are we signing DAniels yet??
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 09:17 AM   #26
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Oggy please.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote