Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #1
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default Your favorite misheard song lyrics...

What are some of yours? Here's some of my favorites: (forgive me if the lyrics aren't 100% accurate)

Song: "rats" by Pearl Jam

real lyrics: "They don't eat, they don't sleep, lick the dirt off a larger one's feet..."
misheard: "They don't eat, they don't sleep, lick the dirt off Olajuwan's feet..."

Song: "dirty deeds" by AC/DC

"dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap..."
"thrity thieves and the thunder chief..."

(and another pearl jam...) Song: "glorified g"

"glorified version of a pellet gun..."
"forty-five versions of a pelican..."
Old 08-26-2003, 10:39 AM   #2
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I do this all the time! My friends love to hear me sing a song because I always get the words wrong.

One of their favorites was from the song "Like a Virgin" by Madonna.
Correct lyrics: "I was sad and blue."
My lyrics: "I was Santa's fool."

Another favorite "Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker (I think). I thought it was "A Little Goes Up Where We Belong". Didn't make sense to me, but I sang it anyway! I'm sure I will think of more later. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Accidental Poetry

Hymn: "Bringing in the Sheaves"
Misheard: "Bringing in the Sheets"

For Christian laundrywomen everywhere.....

Revised Chorus: Bringing in the sheets, bringing in the sheets, we shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheets.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:50 AM   #4
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Your favorite misheard song lyrics...

Skidrow's 18 and life

I knew a girl who used to sing:
18 and life retarded, 18 and life your slow

actual lyrics:
18 and life you got it, 18 and life to go
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:11 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

raef.... you have scarred me for life... I thought it was "I was Santa's fool."

Oh well.... I have many that I screw up, my better half always laughs at me when I sing....

Don't know if you guys know this, but my favorite band is a band called U2. They are awesome and if you have not heard of them, I HIGHLY recommend getting some of their music (All that you can't leave behind is their latest and is a great listen).... I used to screw up alot of their songs... some examples:

In the song "Beautiful Day"

actual:
See the world in Green and Blue
see China right in front of you

perceived:
See the world in Green and Blue
see it turning right in front of you

From "Tomorrow"

actual:
Outside.... somebody's Outside. Somebody's knockin' at the door. There's a black car parked at the side of the road, don't go to the door. Don't go to the door.

perceived:
Outside.... somebody's Outside. A body's right there at the door. There's a black man there at the side of the road, don't go to the door.....

(This one truly hurt when I realized the actual lyrics. I thought it meant I was racist. I was really frightened because one of my really good friends at the time who happened to be black, I had him singing this song the same way. We would scream this song at the top of our lungs nightly. I never told him the actual lyrics because I was afraid he would think bad of me.)
Old 08-26-2003, 12:11 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Real lyric: If you like pinacola. . .

misheard: If you like bean enchilada. . .
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:15 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Manfred Mann's: "Blinded by the light. Wrapped up like a douche another runner in the night"
Jimmy Hendrix: "Excuse me, while I kiss this guy".
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:37 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

CCR....

There's a bad moon on the rise

Is always heard as....

There's a bathroom on the right
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:39 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

u2, who hasn't heard of U2? seriously?

anyway, madape's hendrix is the one i always think of, although i don't sing it wrong. in fact, i don't think i sing any lyrics incorrectly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
CCR....

Is always heard as....

i thought it was "a bedroom on the right"... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] what a proposition. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BEAN ENCHILADA?!! LOL
Old 08-26-2003, 02:27 PM   #11
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Accidental Poetry

Hymn: "Bringing in the Sheaves"
Misheard: "Bringing in the Sheets"

For Christian laundrywomen everywhere.....

Revised Chorus: Bringing in the sheets, bringing in the sheets, we shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheets.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to think it was bringing in the sheeps.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 02:32 PM   #12
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
CCR....

Is always heard as....

There's a bad mood on the rise.

(if you knew my dad you would understand)
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote