Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-27-2003, 12:45 AM   #1
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default Two Towers

Came out on DVD today...been watching it non-stop for hours.....this is such an awesome movie.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:48 AM   #2
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Two Towers

I watched it again last night.

Having not read the book, I am really behind the eight ball. I tried to explain the plot to my brother, but gave up and told him to look at the special effects!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:02 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two Towers

Thanks for the reminder. I may just have to stop at Best Buy on the way home today. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:47 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Two Towers

ah, i love the movie, but i'm gonna wait for the extended edition. word is that the footage added back to the Two Towers is even better than the footage added to Fellowship.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:29 AM   #5
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Two Towers

I confess...I rented it last night, too. (Along with MP & The Holy Grail, oddly enough.)
Old 08-27-2003, 09:34 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I bought it. I watched the first half last night, will watch the second half tonight. I love the Lord of the Rings, and this movie is a very good movie. But anyone that has read the books would have some problems with this movie (although granted they do not mess up large plots, mostly small ones, but that is all relative I guess).....

But I am trying to separate myself from the love of the books to enjoy the outcome of the movie. So far it is working.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:50 AM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

u2, apparently, the extended edition inserts scenes that help the movie stay more true to the book. faramir is brought more in depth, showing he is actually more like he is in the book (he had very little depth in the theatrical version, making him seem almost evil, compared to his virtuous character in the book).

However,

***SPOILER***

that scene with aragorn falling off the cliff. what the hell is with that? that's one time where the movie definitely strays from the book. maybe it was just so they could set up that cool double-door entry shot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2003, 11:05 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two Towers

I've read the box many times... I have no problem with the movies whatsoever. Sure, certain things are left out and changed but what did you expect? Did you expect the 3 movies to be 40 hours long?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think I stated that the movies are good and am separating the movie experience from the books.

I hope that someone comes out with a longer filmed version that stays close to the books, much like the Sci Fi channel did with the Dune trilogy.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:57 PM   #10
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Two Towers

Will a man please explain to me the Rings thing?

That talking and walking tree thing ....what's that about?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Default Two Towers

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente
Will a man please explain to me the Rings thing?

That talking and walking tree thing ....what's that about?
It is pure greatness. The tree? LOL... It is a genius character, that is what it is.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:06 PM   #12
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

have you seen the movies, caliente? because i didn't get it either, but then i saw the movies, which led to me reading the books, and now i understand the obsession. it's just so good!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Two Towers

I have not read the books. Do you think that would help? I want to understand the Ring thing.
Maybe it will help me understand men better.
Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:29 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Read the books... but I would watch the movies before you read the books. The books are much better and would not want you to be disapointed in the movies while watching them.

I found myself criticizing the movie and not concentrating on the great detail that went into the movie. After watching it again, after accepting the differences, I found the movie much better. Still disapointing, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Old 09-15-2003, 02:42 PM   #15
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Two Towers

Very good movie.
And caliente, I don't know if learning the thing behind the rigns will help you understand men better, but good luck.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:54 PM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

murph, i think these movies are one of the best book to movie adaptations ever done. of course some things will be left out. I just mentioned the only problem i had with it (that added scene)