Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-22-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

This looks like it should be a blowout - so I'm predicting a VERY close game. Hopefully Dirk can get his shooting touch back because Orlando doesn't have anyone on their roster who can remotely guard him.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2001, 10:27 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..i'm expecting a bit of a mavs letdown..but, i think they win by 8-10 points though
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 03:27 PM   #3
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

On paper we should win going away... but I've got a feeling Orlando will rally around not having Hill, McGrady and Miller.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 05:25 PM   #4
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I think it'll be a blowout just like everyone thinks. They don't match up well at all, expecially w/o their top guys. I bet Harvey and maybe even Bradley get to see some minutes tonight. Mavs...113-89

Is the game on UPN tonight?
Old 12-22-2001, 06:04 PM   #5
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Is Mike Miller out too? If so, who is the Magic's goto guy? Armstrong? I think not.

First team to 100 wins [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2001, 06:18 PM   #6
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well Miller bruised his lower back and left the Washington/Orlando game last night. Whether Miller will play tonight remains to be seen.

Btw, Filey may **want** Miller to play because of Miller's defense. Even Doc Rivers has criticized Miller for his lack of D.

(Edited for clarity.)
Old 12-22-2001, 09:05 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was entertaining. I just love the Magic outhustling us and getting all of those rebounds. And what's with the ref tonight - one of the Magic players hacked two Mavs in the head within 2 seconds without a call. Of course, they should have called a blocking foul on Najera too so it's even. I just like it when the refs keep the physical play within limits.
Old 12-22-2001, 09:17 PM   #8
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Good. Easy game and they are using the time to give Wang some real game time and feeding Dirk a bit to try to get him out of his slump.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 09:21 PM   #9
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Refs are calling it like its already garbage time.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 12-22-2001, 09:30 PM   #10
Bayliss

Yeah, they are calling it pretty rough.

Good to see Dirk get the "hop" that he does when he's involved in the game.
Old 12-22-2001, 09:38 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

Well it took a pretty nasty Dirk tumble, but the refs are calling the game tighly now. The "T" on Najera was deserved. With this comfortable 17 pt lead, we can put away the Magic with a strong third. Looks like there will be lots of rest for the regulars tonight.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:04 PM   #12
Bayliss

And just when I say he gets the hop back he hurts his ankle. Grrr.... been a bad year for health.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:16 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

Up 20 - the game should be on cruise control now. Lots of minutes for Harvey tonight!
Old 12-22-2001, 10:36 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

I got closer than I expected, but Nash and Hardaway put the game away. Lots of garbage time tonight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2001, 10:47 PM   #15
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Very pleased with what I saw from Wang tonight. Even his defense--he's lousy, no doubt, but he is clearly trying and he's showing some good potential, particularly as a rebounder. I really wish we had had for training camp this year.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:54 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The ankle is bothersome. I guess tonight was more of a precaution than him seriously hurting it again.

I can't remember the exact date, but Nelson was quoted in the Star-Telegram saying that Dirk would probably need off-season surgery to fix it.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:55 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Who would of thought that we'd win that big without anyone scoring 20 points, at least?

Old 12-22-2001, 10:58 PM   #18
MFFL
Guru

Hoopsmeister - I honestly wonder if Wang will be back at all next year. Its in the hands of the Chinese government and who knows what they'll do.
Old 12-22-2001, 11:21 PM   #19
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

I wonder too MFFL. Not only on the Chinese side, but on the Mavs side--is he worth the trouble (the Mavs having to go with 11 active players at the start of the year, training camp, etc) of resigning him this summer.

But I do like the potential I see if he is going to part of the Maverick's future. He needs to improve his defense, no question, but if he does, then he turns into an incredible sub for Dirk--either as a sub who brings the same mismatch issues to the court when Dirk has to sit, or as a tandem with 2 7-footers who can hit from anywhere on the court.
Old 12-22-2001, 11:22 PM   #20
Bayliss

And which ankle did he tweak? Left or right? As usual the TV and Chris Arnold never says anything.

It looked like his right ankle but I'm more interested on which play he hurt it on.

Old 12-22-2001, 11:49 PM   #21
Rod1975
Golden Member

I liked the play where Dirk was at the hoop and finally got a foul call, he threw his fists into the air as if to celebrate at last getting the call made. That was hilarious.
Steve was fabulous again, even though his PT was limited because of such an easy game.

Dirk had a moment at the top of he key when he was guarding miller, mike went up for a fake and it looked like Dirk's legs just folded under him as if he was trying to protect his tender ankle. I think that is where he tweaked it. Not sure which ankle, although most likely it's the left one.
Old 12-23-2001, 01:53 AM   #22
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Bayliss:

Dirk tweaked the right one. Here's a little quote from Nelson. Im not sure what play he did it on though.

<< Dirk Nowitzki sprained his ankle again. This time the good one. Nothing serious. I didn’t like the looks of it. The way he was moving so I guess he was lucky making that three-pointer when he was coming out. >>

Old 12-23-2001, 06:28 AM   #23
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

last year he wasn't injured at all and this year -&gt; he should have trained more on his ankles and not only have done handstands!

I hope that's true what Don said...

my new designed page: DallasMavericks.de
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 06:08 PM   #24
Rod1975
Golden Member

Nice lookin' site Mavs.exit.de, I need to keep learning german, so I can read it with out using my translation book.
Old 12-23-2001, 08:59 PM   #25
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Mavs.exit,
die Seite k&ouml;nnte was werden. Am Design k&ouml;nnte man zwar noch schrauben, und besonders viel gibts noch nicht zu sehn, aber es ist ein Anfang, also Gratulation erstmal.
Wenn du bei einzelnen Rubriken Hilfe brauchst/willst, oder einfach nur jemanden der ab und an mal was schreibt, dann gib mir hier bescheid.
Ich hab im Moment ein bischen trouble mit meinen E-Mail accounts, aber ich w&uuml;rde mich dann mit dir in Verbindung setzen.

Sorry guys for the german, but obviously it´s a lot easier for me to speak native tongue.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 07:48 AM   #26
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

schliesse mich meinem vorredner an [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

j
Old 12-24-2001, 07:57 AM   #27
K!DD

K!DD is on a distinguished road

<<
Sorry guys for the german, but obviously it´s a lot easier for me to speak native tongue.
>>

Nicht nur f&uuml;r dich, Fidel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nette Seite, Mavs.exit.de!
K!DD is offline   Reply With Quote