Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-18-2003, 06:42 PM   #41
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default best concert you've ever been to?

Supergrass, four or five times don´t know. They are the best, no one comes close.

Other concerts that I liked:

Depeche Mode (viaolator tour)
Rolling Stones
The White Stripes (recently)
Slayer (3 or 4 times)
Metallica (and justice for all tour, the new stuff sucks)
The Libertines (recently)
Pulp (twice)
Blur
Kosheen
Bad Religion (early 90´s)
Placebo (couple times)
Die Sterne
Prodigy
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Suede
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Alot of other concerts that I don´t remember right now. Also countless drum&bass raves and alot of classical concerts too. The most outstanding one was probably when I saw Wagners flying dutchmen live in Bayreuth.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2003, 07:10 PM   #42
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Why are madape's posts just pure gold?

Hoodoo Guru's- I was backstage working for the student Association looking after the band. That was fun.

Good one OzMavs.
I saw them a billion times when growing up, but when I saw them in 1996 (i'm pretty sure)
on their Blue Cave tour it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen. Amazing. They were supported
by the Posies two, who were fantastic....awesome on stage when they're rocking out. Ken had great pink
hair at the time too.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:13 PM   #43
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Default RE: best concert you've ever been to?

Oh Fidel! Yes Supergrass! All three times....superb live band. They get better everytime too.

I'm going to see three of the bands on your list in one day next month [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, BRMC & White Stripes. I can't wait.

Now that you've seen the Libertines with Pete, I'm so jealous. I'll probably never
get the opportunity to do that now, and they're really just not as good without him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-18-2003, 07:37 PM   #44
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Oh Fidel! Yes Supergrass! All three times....superb live band. They get better everytime too.

I'm going to see three of the bands on your list in one day next month [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, BRMC & White Stripes. I can't wait.

Now that you've seen the Libertines with Pete, I'm so jealous. I'll probably never
get the opportunity to do that now, and they're really just not as good without him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Wow awesome lineup Veruca. Three of my favorite bands right now. Should be alot of fun...

To be honest, the Libertines gig was cool, but it wasn´t too special. I´d rather see that triple header above. Every band on it´s own is great but all three together... oh my.

And there´s another band you´ve seen allready that I didn´t. The Dandy Warhols. I´d really really like to see them live.

I also forgot to mention The Strokes on that list above. Pretty cool concert before they made it big.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:37 PM   #45
veruca salt
Platinum Member

OH! how can i forget the Strokes. They blew me away live.
They played here before the album was released...very cool.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-19-2003, 08:08 AM   #46
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Ohhh..I almost forgot about these...
favorite song
Eric Clapton (You look wonderfull tonight)
The Eagles (Hotel California remix)
Elton John (Original sin)
Phil Collins (Lonely man)

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:45 AM   #47
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Lee
Better Than Ezra
Old 09-19-2003, 09:51 AM   #48
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

better than ezra puts on a great show, MFF. i've seen em like 4 times. very lighthearted, fun shows.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #49
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen them 3 times. Once at Bimbo's and twice at Slims. Both bars in San Francisco. Great places to see concerts cause there small venues, but the place is packed, and the show seems just for you and friends.

They really are accessible, will sign anything, take pictures, and if possible--they'll hang out and have a drink with you after the concert.

I put them up there with The Cranberries as my favorite band.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #50
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Gloria Estefan as a solo artist.

This was a few years ago at the Starplex outside of Fair Park.

There was so much energy, laughter and electricity in the air that night.
I think if you had held a sparkler in your hand it would have lit up on its own.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #51
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't know you were so into BTE, MFF. they're definitely up there in my list of favorites. i hung out with em a little bit after one of the shows. during the show i was near the front. afterwards, they recognized me hanging out with friends in the venue they played. Kevin actually came up to me and said, "man, you have the best view at every show, huh?" (cause i'm 6'8")