Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-07-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

I don't know if it's just me, but it seem's to me that there is something missing at the American Airlines Center when the Maverick's play. You would think that with 19,000 fan's, we would be ablel to generate a little more than a whisper. Granted it's had it's moment's, but it seem's a little airy to me. I would like to here from other poster's that have attended games this year, and tell me if I'm wrong. I just seem's the Maverick's have lost that home court, that they had so long at Reunion. Remember the 80's. No one wanted a piece of Reunion.
No one wanted a piece of the "Rowdies". It also showed up in last years playoffs. The Fan's were back, and the place was "Rowdy" again. It was nice. Now it's different. I guess that is to be expected, but is there anything we can do about it? Does it matter how much noise we make, will it be different because of the way it is built?..
Not only that, but it seem's the Maverick's are playing their best basketball away from " The Hanger". It just seem's that they play timid
at the American Airlines Center. Like they aren't comfortable.....
Old 01-07-2002, 04:38 PM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I agree. The place wasn't designed for sporting events. It was designed for N.Dallas $$ to have another place to look good in their minks and leather. It always amazes me how crowd noise escapes the stadium architects.

Only Mile High in Denver has ever improved thier fan factor.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 05:03 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the stadium was going to install "crowd noise amplifiers" to make the place louder.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 12:20 AM   #4
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I've thought the EXACT same thing all year MFFL
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 12:27 AM   #5
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

From the first time I saw a game in there (The Fan Jam) I knew the sixth man (the rowdies) would never be as effective again.....It's sad really...because this team has the potential to be the best Mavs team ever, and they deserve the loudest crowd noise possible.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:59 AM   #6
Scrack

Scrack is on a distinguished road

Hey I am new here because the LMF Forum was destroyed by this clippers fan guy.
Anyways, I totally agree with you on the AAC being a little quiet. I was at the Atlanta and Chicago games and I felt like I was at a golf tournament. I tried to get loud and rowdy but the people around me just sat and watched. I think the whole Platinum level makes AAC so quiet because half the people that have Platinum level seats aren't even there and those who do show up are rich executives talking about business. I pray that by playoff time that the rowdies show up.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:25 AM   #7
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

Another IDIOT I see, I am sorry guys but I wont continue to take this from these guys. Especially when I am pleading here, that it was not me. I do not know how many times I have to say this. I did not do it, on my moms life. It wasn't me, I am not going to take it from these idiots.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:56 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Scrack, come playoff time, the arena will be filled with bandwagonners [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] But at least the seats will be filled and fans will be loud [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 02:00 AM   #9
Scrack

Scrack is on a distinguished road

I never said it was you. If I was going to point the finger at you, I would have said "a guy by the name of RealClipsFan destroyed the LMF Forum". I am really hurt by your immature name calling.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2002, 09:48 AM   #10
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

On an unrelated and completely personal subject.

My company has awesome seats for the Mavs and this lady that sits next to me has won the tickets like 3 times this year, and she doesn't even like basketball! I am like the biggest mavs fan the company has ever seen and I havn't gone once in 3 years.

You can bet I'd make more noise than her.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:07 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

In my opinion the biggest fans sit the furthest away. You have to be made out of money to get close(no offence to the ones that are). That goes for parking too. The freaking "Blue" lot is never full.

Now that I'm done griping...I do agree that it's too mellow. At the San Antonio game the players, mainly Najera, had to bring the crowd into the game. It should be the other way around.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:40 PM   #12
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The biggest fans are me and my painted brethren! If you want your $57 free tickets, then dress up for it!
Old 01-09-2002, 07:44 PM   #13
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

What do you mean?
Old 01-09-2002, 07:57 PM   #14
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I mean if you get some buddies and smear yourself all over with blue and green paint, they will give you free $57 dollar tickets. It's how po' folks like me get good seats.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:01 PM   #15
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

That's cool. I've heard that before, but I thought it was just a limitted time thing.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:39 AM   #16
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Hey Mavinator, I did that last year....I did'nt that you could still do that....Oh and I guess we cant use green anymore now that the Mavs dropped that color from the uniform [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #17
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

There were some chicks painted up at the San Antonio game.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:13 PM   #18
JJMAV

JJMAV is on a distinguished road

I think the mavs as a team like to shut the crowd up with big shots.
Without checking the finishes most of the mav's come backs and big wins
againt good teams have been away from home. I think the home crowd
should chant defense for the other team to work at the mavs desire
to win whithout being expected to win.

and a side-not no. 2 Lets ALL make a concerted effort to keep name
calling to a minimum... I think we can all agree that it disrupts the flow
of friendly message boards like this one.
JJMAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:26 PM   #19
Stew3636

Stew3636 is on a distinguished road

I was at the SA game last Saturday and that place was crazy. Loudest i have ever heard there and even Bob Ortegal said that now he thinks the AAC crowds can get lowder ( i think they have dropped mikes though) but still i think it gets loud as shit in there now.
Stew3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:36 PM   #20
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Yeah..it was loud, but I felt that the Mavs' run ispired the crowd to get loud. And the point of the crowd getting loud is to inspire the players. A little role reversal is happening.