Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-13-2003, 09:13 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default The Bill Parcells Adulation Thread.

From Jerry Jones:

Quote:
"To be honest, our skill level probably isn't as good as our record, and that's why this is such a statement game for us," Jones said. "We beat a very good team today. And we're moving toward being a pretty good team ourselves. That's why I pay Bill the big money."
He gets (maybe); Jerry finally gets it (maybe).

In a related note, how has Parcells made Billy Cundiff better? Was there any doubt Cundiff was going to make that kick to win the game?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I give alot of credit to jones and parcells. Honestly, i think alot of the turn around has to do with improved personnel decisions the past couple of years. no, the cowboys don't have the same level of talent as their record might indicate, but it's definitely improving. Jones deserves alot of credit for that (finally). He's put alot of people in place to offer him sound advice in personnel decisions and it's paying off. Plus, give Jones credit for hiring Parcells. Jones finally got his ego in check just a bit.

And then, with players' attitudes...give all the credit in the world to parcells and the coaching staff... the players aren't beating themself with stupid penalties and poor decisions anymore. They have confidence that they can win any game that they're in. They've started to hang tough in the 4th.

There's alot of credit to go around.

But, you've gotta love the attitude that Parcells has instilled in this team. They truly are becoming America's Team again.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Well, giving Jones credit means giving him credit for doing a very, very simple thing- listening to the people he pays to give advice and make decisions. The only difference between the prior years's drafts and the last two drafts is the team is drafting according to the board without exception. Sure, I give credit to Jerry for changing his ways (which I am sure was very hard on him personally), but Parcells has done so much, with so little.

And I am not even sure he gets Coach of the Year. That guy in Carolina is doing an amazing job, too.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 10-13-2003, 09:47 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

sure, dooby..i agree. I'm giving alot of credit to jones for finally doing what he should have done years ago. but, hell, i have to give him mention because he WAS driving the franchise into the ground for so long.

Old 10-13-2003, 09:49 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I love that Parcells is here, but lets not give him coach of the year consideration quite yet. This is still a questionable team. Our Cowboys could still end up out of the playoffs, although I am feeling much better these days about our chances.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Parcells has done an absolutely fantastic job.

And yeah, I think he's probably behind John Fox at the moment for Coach of the Year.

Old 10-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

one thing that could help the cowboys possibly squeak into the playoffs is that the NFC East might not be as good as everyone was thinking it could be. But, I think we'll still see 4 competitive teams in the East when it's all said and done. The division title might be a 4 team race until the final 2-3 weeks of the season.

with that being said..gotta love Billy P. The Cowboys are back on the road to success.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:06 AM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I love that Parcells is here, but lets not give him coach of the year consideration quite yet. This is still a questionable team. Our Cowboys could still end up out of the playoffs, although I am feeling much better these days about our chances.
Doc, you are drunk too early this morning. The fact that we are even contemplating the playoffs is enough cause to be running around screaming out Parcells' name.

Old 10-13-2003, 02:02 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

<u>From Peter King's MMQB</u>

Coach of the Week

Dallas head coach Bill Parcells. The Cowboys are 4-1. They have beaten the powers of the NFC East, the Giants and Eagles. Any questions?

Old 10-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Doc, you are drunk too early this morning. The fact that we are even contemplating the playoffs is enough cause to be running around screaming out Parcells' name.

Parcell's has already won coach of the year IMO. This is the same 5-11 team and are 4-1 through 5 games.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:29 PM   #11
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
how has Parcells made Billy Cundiff better? Was there any doubt Cundiff was going to make that kick to win the game?
Confidence has a lot to do w/it, I think. Remember after Week 1, we were all calling for his head. I wanted Cundiff cut before the game was actually over. I wanted Parcells to do it right there on the field. But Parcells didn't rip him at all. And we know what happened after that.

I have to admit, I didn't buy into Parcells this summer. I was hoping for this, but I was really expecting 5-11 or worse. It's really amazing what he's done in stunningly little time.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:36 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Parcell's has already won coach of the year IMO. This is the same 5-11 team and are 4-1 through 5 games.
I dunno. Fox has Carolina humming. Two weeks of beating unbeaten teams is pretty impressive. Vermeil is kicking ass in Kansas City. At least one of Lamar Hunt's football teams is doing well; that SMU money isn't very well spent.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Bill Parcells Adulation Thread.

It's still an open race, but don't underestimate the Parcells factor. The media (expecially the NE media) loves him. That could tip the scales in a close race.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Doc I would certainly agree that he and the team have a long way to go before a final argument can be made for Coach of the Year, but up till now he's done one hell of a job IMO and would win it if the season ended today. I've very pleasantly surprised with the Cowboys play and improvement so far. But we do still have 11 games left. Let's just hope that things continue to go well.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:51 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Give me a feaking break...coach of the year talk at week 5?
Old 10-13-2003, 06:28 PM   #16
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

Why not Doc? The guy has done a damn good job thus far, you and alot of others didn't think we would be 4-1 after week 6 did you? I'm not going to go out on a limb and say he has won it, but I definitely think he is 1 of the frontrunners that's for sure.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:49 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Coach of the year talk IS premature. But you can talk abou who best is following the script so far to get coach of the year. It's like talking about who's leading in the Marathon after 8 miles. It's still wide open, but you can point out who's looked the best so far. Of course the Best so far might not even finish.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:50 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Actually it's about to be week 7. I don't think you understand what Parcell's has done. How many pro bowlers did the Cowboys have last season? Better yet, how many players on this team could start for any contender in this league? This is damn near the same team as we had last season and he has us 4-1. We already beat 2 teams considered to win the NFC. For him to have us at 4 wins at the the 5th game mark is amazing. Every year I predict the Cowboys to go 8-8 but this year looks like it actually might be possible.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:28 PM   #19
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Well whatever Parcells is doing it sure is working. KEEP IT UP BIG TUNA!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

I understand exactly what he has done. I also understand that there are 10-11 more games for the league. Give this out when the season is over. Otherwise it is premature ejocularity. I guess I expect that from some of you.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #21
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
I understand exactly what he has done. I also understand that there are 10-11 more games for the league. Give this out when the season is over. Otherwise it is premature ejocularity. I guess I expect that from some of you.
Sure.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:39 AM   #22
Drbio
Banned

When you try to use "Sure" as a reply...please make sure it fits. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:36 PM   #23
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
When you try to use "Sure" as a reply...please make sure it fits. Ignorance is bliss.
Sure.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Failed again. Not surprised.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:18 PM   #25
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Love you Bill.