Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-14-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

He goes 1-8fg's, 2-4ft's for 4 points,4rebounds, and 2 TO's that's what he does. That's all any of the teams had to do but they haven't. I bet the Hawks were watching that game and came up with an strategy probably similar to that of the Magics. He have to learn how to pass out of the double team, to beat it to create for his teammates. He didn't do it tonight cause he had 0 assts, and when you are 1-8 you must do other things. I am glad Nellie saved him the embarrassment and pulled him before he had a chance to embarrass himself even more.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2002, 11:12 PM   #2
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Dirk just had an off night, he'll bounce back tomorrow night.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:10 AM   #3
realclipsfan
Banned

i sure hope so, i have a lot of money riding on dirk this year.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:36 AM   #4
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think Darius Miles or Lamar Odom never have a day when nothing goes there way...

and Dirk will show the Clips that he laughs about their D, we'll see!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 04:40 AM   #5
realclipsfan
Banned

dude try to make sense in your posts please.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:22 AM   #6
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

he is saying darius and lamar both have crappy games somtimes, and thats what dirk had tonight. surely you arnt suggesting odom sux when he gets double teamed based off of one games performance. Dirk has got double teamed the 5 previous games as well and produced. even michael jordan in his prime had off nights.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:30 AM   #7
realclipsfan
Banned

sux isn't even beginning to describe it. if lamar has on off shooting night, he surely has 8, 9 assts. 9 or 10 boards to go along with that off shooting night. i have noticed when dirk isn't doing well on the offensive side of the game, he will stop doing all the other things that helps win ball games.surely you understand what i am saying? just cause you arent shooting the ball well, that doesnt mean stop rebounding?playing defense?making the correct pass out of the double team??playing agressive and trying? i know you guys wont admit, but i know i am not the only 1 who has recognized it.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:28 AM   #8
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Who does Dirk pass out to? Nobody was hitting anything. We just got beat last night. They covered the passing lanes.

I'll bet those who say that Finley is expendible sure wish he was playing last night. Maybe Dirk would have had someone consistent to pass to.

Anyway, Orlando shot like 75% in the third quarter. There is no way to mount a comeback when that is happening. They got the same shots that Indiana got on Saturday. Orlando made them.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #9
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

RCF,

Don't get me wrong, I like Odom a lot, but who would you rather have on your team. And yeah you are right Dirk was terrible last night.

FG% 3p% FT% OffReb Def Rbd Ttl Reb
Dirk .470 .370 .856 1.7 7.8 9.5

Odom .426 .208 .656 1.1 5.1 6.2
Advantage D D D D D D

Ast Stl Blk TO PPg

Dirk 2.1 .8 .86 1.57 23.1

Odom 5.9 .81 1.22 3.26 13.4
Advantage O O O D D

I know you made the argument that Odom's assists helphis overall production and you are correct in that assumption, but it is important to consider rebounds, and turnovers as well. To continue my premise let use the Tendex rating. This is a formula used for total player rankings, like any statistic it has its flaws, but it gives a pretty good general reading on a players ability. The formula is Total Points - FG Missed - FT Missed/2 + 1.25stls + 1.25ast + blks + rb - 1.25 to - pf/2 then divided by the number of games played.

Dirk: points 808 - Missed Fg 304 - Missed FT/2 52 + 1.25stls 35 + 1.25ast 92 + blk 30 + rb 332 - 1.25to 69 - pf/2 52.5 = 819.5/35 Games

Total Player rating based upon all the stats 23.4

Odom; points 361 - Missed FG 194 - Missed Ft/2 15.5 + 1.25stls 35 + 1.25ast 198 + blk 41 + rb 168 - 1.25to 110 - pf/2 43.5 = 440/28 Games

Total player rating based upon all the stats 15.7

So, though I like Odom a lot, he does not compare to Dirk.

Don't shoot the messanger.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:57 AM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

great job grbh......

The man had an off night, it happens. I absolutely can't STAND when people take ONE GAME and try to say something about a player... It truly pisses me off. Also, don't try and tell me when Odom has an off night, he always gets in the 9 assist range and 9 rebound range. If that's the case then nights he's on, he would have a few triple doubles this year. How many does he have this year so far??????
Old 01-15-2002, 12:36 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dirk sucked ass last night..but hell, it happens from time to time
i think the mavs really need to try to make more of an effort to get him involved earlier in the games especially with finley out
how he can go the entire first quarter with no finley and only get one shot is amazing to me.
but, it happened...again

he had an off night...everyone does...but he is second in the league in games over 30 points..so his off nights are few and far in between

to compare him to lamar odom is idiotic
it isn't even worthy of mention.
he's simply posting something stupid to make people upset.
if he actually thinks lamar compares to dirk..well, there's really no helping the dumbass

all the stats have been laid on the table and it's not remotely close,.. dirk is the better player by far
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:00 AM   #12
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

You saw how he showed what he can do rcf! 40 Points and 11 Rebounds, that's a word...

Whoever would compare Odom to Dirk is dumb, of course!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:01 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

speaking of dumb,where's RCF?
Old 01-16-2002, 03:31 AM   #14
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

he is probobly on an airplane from the clippers game to the dallas game while watching the lakers game, and when he gets to dallas he will ask the doctor who knows everything about dirks health weather or not he was really injured. Here in a little bit he will probobly be asking his secret source who will be in the nba all star 3 point contest so he can rub it in everyones faces. Did i miss anything?
Old 01-16-2002, 06:02 AM   #15
realclipsfan
Banned

screw you FCC, you're a damn loser dude. smurph words don't describe you, you're an a ****en idiot man. amercian legend, more like an amercian idiot.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:15 AM   #16
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

LOL FCC
Old 01-16-2002, 01:33 PM   #17
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

real bandwaggon fan, my offer to knock your f'in teeth out still stands (see the lounge)...you want to take me up on it? Don't come over here bashing people that obviously know way more than your dumb ass. You have lost all cred on this board with your stupid-ass comments and lame ass attempts to call someone out. Odom over Dirk?? Your intelligence, or should I say, you ass is showing, you prick.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:25 PM   #18
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It sure is going to be a shame when the Clippers organization trades Odom for a draft pick this Summer. And it will also be interesting to see who else in the stable of young Clippers kids are allowed to leave for nothing, or are traded by an organization that would rather pay rookie salaries than keep their developed players. Clippers business as usual should be enough to make a real clippers fan a little envious of an organization like the Mavs who will pay their players for a shot at a championship. In two years the Clippers will feature Elton Brand and a new group of young draft picks and minimum salary guys...
Old 01-16-2002, 05:08 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

i can see rcf pissed off the "bouncer" on the board
Old 01-16-2002, 07:42 PM   #20
realclipsfan
Banned

**EDIT**
Old 01-16-2002, 07:44 PM   #21
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

wow rcf, you injured my sef-esteem... how can i go on in this world now that i know you dont like me.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:45 PM   #22
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

put the plastic toy gun down before you "hurt" someone rcf
Old 01-16-2002, 08:14 PM   #23
realclipsfan
Banned

dude if lamar leaves the team elton brand is leaving the team. just as everyone else is, they have all been quoted on that so dont take my word for it take theres. "if they keep l.o. they keep us all". miles said about sterling "it starts with l.o., if he stays we all will stay". hey evilmav2 u gets no respect from me man, trust me they wont be trading odom but signing him?who knows but wherever lo goes, he ges the maxed.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:59 PM   #24
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

the clips signing someone to a maxed out contract, ha ha ha ha ha
Old 01-16-2002, 09:07 PM   #25
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

...and every NBA player keeps there word no matter how many dollar signs. YEAH RIGHT!