Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-17-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private Forum is Gone

Whether or not you agree that the Private Forum was a good idea, a thing to keep etc, it is gone. Please support the site in the decision and respect the suggestions put out by MFF, djbacklash and others in regards to the Lounge. Let's have fun in the Lounge, but let's also be reasonable and be good stewards of the Lounge.

Please do not fire up any debates in this thread over the merits of the Private Forum, etc. Please just get past those issues and enjoy the site.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Private Forum is Gone

The only reason it is gone is because the latest patch for this forum software was installed, and one of the bugs it fixed was the appearance of the private forums option. Since it was never supposed to be there in the first place, there's no way I'd be able to keep it there anyway once the patch was applied.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Private Forum is Gone

(cue: tears slowly streaming down xerxes' cheek)

But, where will the "Only For Schizophrenics" thread go?
Old 10-17-2003, 03:49 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
The only reason it is gone is because the latest patch for this forum software was installed, and one of the bugs it fixed was the appearance of the private forums option. Since it was never supposed to be there in the first place, there's no way I'd be able to keep it there anyway once the patch was applied.

Microsoft always referred to these as undocumented enhancedments instead of "bugs". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 04:06 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Private Forum is Gone

eh, no big deal. it was just a place for doc to post double entendres... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 04:25 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I can try to retrieve some of those threads if you guys want but right now I honestly have no clue where they've gone to..
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
eh, no big deal. it was just a place for doc to post double entendres... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
If you miss them I can always give you a weekly pm BBL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote