Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-17-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanting some ideas for new songs to download [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Haven't been paying much attention to the radio or to MTV lately. Here are the songs I keep playing and re-playing at the moment (yea some aren't exactly new):

Busta Rhymes feat. Dr. Dre - Break Ya Neck
The Calling - Wherever You Will Go
Craig David - 7 Days
Creed - My Sacrifice
The Crystal Method - Name of the Game
Fabolous feat. Nate Dogg - Can't Deny It
Fragma - Toca's Miracle (club mix)
Linkin Park - Crawling
Linkin Park - In The End
Ludacris - Roll Out (My Business)
Nelly - Number One
P.O.D. - Alive
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Hoobastank - Crawling in the Dark
Nickelback - Too Bad
Default - Wasting My Time
The Strokes - Last Night

Those are some of the more recent songs that I'm really diggin'
Old 01-17-2002, 03:05 PM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

How do you feel about Jay Z?
Old 01-17-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Anything by Rammstein
Anything by Hope Recording: Paul Oakenfold, Max Graham, Timo Maas, and that really hot chick DJ, whos name escapes me at the moment....starts with an S....
The Crystal Method of course, all songs by them are great.

oh, and don't laugh, the Oh Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2002, 06:55 PM   #5
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

My current favorite is Monte Montgomery, a dynamite guitarist. He has three CDs that are excellent: "1st and Repair", "Mirror" and "Wishing Well". He has a web site at:

Monte

If you can find the link to Heart Music, his record company, there is a video of him playing on Austin City Limits that will make a fan out of most people. He's going to be at Poor David's Pub, Feb. 17. He is better live than on his CDs.

I first heard Monte on the Hard Line on KTCK, if you can believe that.

I am also a big fan of Old 97, especially their CD, "Fight Songs". It's really good.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:11 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm listening to the ticket and ESPN radio..mostly the ticket..but that's about it
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:41 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Pat Green - Three Days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:53 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

93.3 the Bone. Classic album rock like the old Q102 or KZEW.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 10:51 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Ocelot...you have great taste man!

Puddle of Mud - Blurry
Stained - I think it's called Right Arm or something?
Blink 182 - Stay Together for the Kids
Incubus - Wish you Were Here

That's enough new stuff for now.

Oh...if your into Linkin Park, download Paper Clip. It isn't released, but it's my favorite track off the CD.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:43 PM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

One more really good one...

Systme of a Down - Chop Suey
Old 01-18-2002, 12:09 AM   #11
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

ferry corsten-live at liverpool univ
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 12:23 AM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Thanks Flying Tiger,
I forgot about Chop Suey, that's a great song. IF you like Incubus, you should definitely get ahold of the Hoobastank CD. Every track is good. I also like the Sevendust song, Praise. You can't get better than a rock band with a black front man! Love it...

Seven Channels - Breathe
Ours - Sometimes
Pete Yorn - Life on a Chain (I think)
The Offspring - Defy You
Old 01-18-2002, 03:21 AM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

chrystal method-busy child
daftpunk-around the world
smashing pumpkins-today
tupac- picture me rollin
nirvana-all appoligez (sp)
outkast-so fresh and so clean
chemical brothers-sunshine underground
gorillas- sunshine in a bag
and others
Old 01-18-2002, 03:24 AM   #14
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

number 17 on the chronic 2001 cd by Dre(the name escapes me but im sure u can find it)
Old 01-18-2002, 03:28 AM   #15
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

my fav. dj's are: chemical brothers, Keoki, Axel Conrad, Paul Oakenfold, Lego, DaftPunk, Jean, Dan, Carl Cox, and of coarse my fav. speed freaks the chrystal method.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:38 PM   #16
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

True, The Crystal Method have great fast tunes, but they also have some slower tunes that just friggin tear it up.

on Vegas: track 4 High Roller
on Tweekend: track 9 Over The Line

check em out
Old 01-18-2002, 12:51 PM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto on Old 97's "Fight Songs." They played "Timebomb" on the PA before the game at the AAC against the Nuggets last week. Their newest record is good, too.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:36 PM   #18
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I thougt we were talking about good new songs.

Yeah...I like Incubus a lot. And Hoobastank does sound a lot like them(the front men even look the same). Sevendust is great too. Foo Fighters have a new song(The One) it's pretty good.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:37 PM   #19
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

KID, I used to like Jay-Z back in the day, his debut album "Reasonable Doubt" was pretty tight, but his current crap sounds all the same.

FineCubanCigar, Does the track you are talking about start off..." Yeah Nig^a, MC Ren back up in this mutherfu^ker.."
Old 01-18-2002, 06:47 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Every track on Vegas rocks! Track 4 and 9 are a couple of my faves. Oh and I freakin love Keoki! Met him a couple years ago at Bill's when Ego Trip was released.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:22 AM   #21
~*Cat*~

~*Cat*~ is on a distinguished road

djbacklash, I think we may be long lost friends. Nearly all of the songs and people you listed up there to start this thread with, I love. My bro bought me the Ludacris CD for X-mas. I want to get the Fabolous CD soon, though. My bro can rap "Break Ya Neck" he loves that song for some reason. P.O.D. is awesome as well. Speaking of the Creed song though, do you ever listen to 97.1? My dad and my bro both said they have this remade version on that station, making fun of it called "My @$$ Is Tight" or something like that. I haven't heard it yet, but I bet it's funny.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #22
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

i saw hybrid last week at red jacket - best live DJ's in the world
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 04:13 PM   #23
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Widespread Panic
The Grateful Dead
North Mississippi All-Stars
Phish
Jimi Hendrix
Neil Young
CSN
Larry
String Cheese Incident
James Brown
The Funky Meters
Martin Medeski and Wood
The Word

and some others...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 12:16 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

still listening to the ticket
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:54 PM   #25
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

P.O.D. - Youth of a Nation
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
Custom - Hey Mister
Nickleback - Too Bad
There were some others that I thought of earlier, but I forgot them now.

Weezer comes out with a new CD in April! =w=
Old 01-22-2002, 09:08 PM   #26
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Hales, yeah thats the song. Thats some great westcoast flavor right there.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:10 PM   #27
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Outkast i almost forgot about
Old 01-22-2002, 09:25 PM   #28
Hales233
Golden Member

FineCuban, Did you ever see MTV Cribs where they had Outkast? It was hilarious they have a pole in their game room so strippers can come over and dance for them after their shift!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2002, 09:26 PM   #29
Hales233
Golden Member

picture me rollin' by 2pac is a great song....i had forgot about that with all his new stuff out there right now but that's a classic for sure...