Old 11-14-2003, 09:38 AM   #81
stevie_franchise3

stevie_franchise3 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Poll: Who starts at center vs. the Rockets

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Funny is how you never talked about how Jim Jackson was killing you guys
stevie, read the game day thread...you'll see several references to Jim Jackson and his hot shooting. Read the site before you start throwing out accusations.
Actually, you need to read the post that I was referring. When I said "You" I was referring to LRB and that particular post I had in my post. Now if I would have said "YOU ALL" then you could respond like you did. His particular post didnt say anything about JJ.

People should boo until the Mavs start playing with heart. If they are trying but not living up to potential then they shouldnt be booing. If they are playing heartless basketball people should be booing. ......as stated by EricaLubarsky
stevie_franchise3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough
But why would have mentioned Jim Jackson in his post? Should every post contain something concerning Jim Jackson? Is that a requirement when discussing any aspect of the game last night?

'Hey, Bradley really did a great job last night on Yao....but damn, how 'bout Jim Jackson!'

'Did you see Dirk and Steve leave the game early to go back to the locker room? Damn, Jim Jackson hit alot of shots tonight.'

'The Mavs didn't quite reach 100 points..so no Chalupas for the fans. But they got to see Jim Jackson hit some open looks.'

'Wow, what beautiful back to back plays by Francis and Nash towards the end of the half. I'm surprised Jim Jackson didn't hit a three.'
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:48 AM   #83
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So basically, any comment concerning the game should include mention of Jim Jackson. I'm glad I've got that straight.

It's just too bad that individual comments concerning players cannot stand on their own. Jackson had a great game, but is it a necessity to have this rule in place?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:56 AM   #84
stevie_franchise3

Quote:
So basically, any comment concerning the game should include mention of Jim Jackson. I'm glad I've got that straight.

It's just too bad that individual comments concerning players cannot stand on their own. Jackson had a great game, but is it a necessity to have this rule in place?

So I guess now you co-sign for LRB?

People should boo until the Mavs start playing with heart. If they are trying but not living up to potential then they shouldnt be booing. If they are playing heartless basketball people should be booing. ......as stated by EricaLubarsky
Old 11-14-2003, 10:06 AM   #85
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
it really doesnt matter who they start against Yao, he is still going to get his 18 and 9 if not more and if the Mavericks try to shut him down then we several other players that can take the scoring load. This isnt last year's team and Yao is 10 times better than the stick man. JVG has brought on a new attitude and a defensive philosophy to Houston. We have the best shooting percentage in the league and we have the best defensive percentage.

You guys have too many weapons and folks dont know who the role players are. That is the reason for the slow start with you guys.

We are missing two key players due to suspension and two more to injuries and we are still playing great basketball. The guy you need to worry about is Cuttino Mobley. He has been on a tear this year shooting 53% and 66% beyond the arc.

Getting back to Yao, I really hope Bradley will hold him because we all know what Yao has done to him already. I remember last year when he dunked right in Bradley's grill. That was hillarious. Of course we lost all 4 games last year but this year will be different.
Yeah Yao really abused Bradley tonight. 12 pts, 8 rebs and 5 for 12 shooting. And Mobley, 2 for 10 shooting and 1 for 5 behind the 3pt line for 9pts.
Funny is how you never talked about how Jim Jackson was killing you guys. I did say in my original statement that we have several other players that can take the scoring load. BTW it wasnt like Bradley played Yao one on one. Dallas played a great zone which helped Bradley. What were Bradley's stats again?
1st of all, I'm glad you decided to show back up. Cudos to you for that.

I didn't mention JJ, because you didn't mention him in your original post. Yeah JJ did a great job of hitting some open looks. We had to give up something to shut down Yao and mobley the way we did and not let Franchise totally go off on us. Still we won in a blowout so it really doesn't matter if JJ went for 60 if we're so far ahead that Dirk and Steve and leave the game early to hit the hot tub knowing that things are in hand.

Oh and Bradley's stats? Let's just say that he had more steals than Yao had points while Bradley was in the game. His #1 job was to contain yao and play D. He also managed to outscore Yao while he was on the floor. Something that was unexpected. Great job Shawn.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #86
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:

So I guess now you co-sign for LRB?
No. Murphy's opinions are his own. However he seems to have this one tagged dead to rights.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:20 AM   #87
stevie_franchise3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
it really doesnt matter who they start against Yao, he is still going to get his 18 and 9 if not more and if the Mavericks try to shut him down then we several other players that can take the scoring load. This isnt last year's team and Yao is 10 times better than the stick man. JVG has brought on a new attitude and a defensive philosophy to Houston. We have the best shooting percentage in the league and we have the best defensive percentage.

You guys have too many weapons and folks dont know who the role players are. That is the reason for the slow start with you guys.

We are missing two key players due to suspension and two more to injuries and we are still playing great basketball. The guy you need to worry about is Cuttino Mobley. He has been on a tear this year shooting 53% and 66% beyond the arc.

Getting back to Yao, I really hope Bradley will hold him because we all know what Yao has done to him already. I remember last year when he dunked right in Bradley's grill. That was hillarious. Of course we lost all 4 games last year but this year will be different.
Yeah Yao really abused Bradley tonight. 12 pts, 8 rebs and 5 for 12 shooting. And Mobley, 2 for 10 shooting and 1 for 5 behind the 3pt line for 9pts.
Funny is how you never talked about how Jim Jackson was killing you guys. I did say in my original statement that we have several other players that can take the scoring load. BTW it wasnt like Bradley played Yao one on one. Dallas played a great zone which helped Bradley. What were Bradley's stats again?
1st of all, I'm glad you decided to show back up. Cudos to you for that.

I didn't mention JJ, because you didn't mention him in your original post. Yeah JJ did a great job of hitting some open looks. We had to give up something to shut down Yao and mobley the way we did and not let Franchise totally go off on us. Still we won in a blowout so it really doesn't matter if JJ went for 60 if we're so far ahead that Dirk and Steve and leave the game early to hit the hot tub knowing that things are in hand.

Oh and Bradley's stats? Let's just say that he had more steals than Yao had points while Bradley was in the game. His #1 job was to contain yao and play D. He also managed to outscore Yao while he was on the floor. Something that was unexpected. Great job Shawn.
Fair enough. Guess I wont be able to say too much until Feb 21 when we play again at your house again. But do remember we are still in 1st place. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2003, 10:29 AM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Trust me, I would not take up for LRB just for the fun of it. You were definitely in the wrong in this instance.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:42 AM   #89
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fair enough. Guess I wont be able to say too much until Feb 21 when we play again at your house again. But do remember we are still in 1st place. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And by Feb 21st your team will be scrambling for the 8th spot AGAIN while the Mavs are fighting for the division title. The Rockets have had the SOFTEST schedule I have ever seen.

And as far as Jim Jackson goes - HE'S not going to beat our team. Jim Jackson getting hot means nothing because he wasn't going to be fed the ball to the point where he would beat us. I'd rather Jackson get hot and do a little damage than one of the big stars of the Rockets to get hot. And we shut down all the big guns for Houston.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #90
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Houston has done a good job to get their record so far, no matter who they've played. There main advantage last night was Yao and I was pleased to see them give up on him in the second half. Not only was he out for most of the third, but when he came in, he never really saw the ball. Kudos to the Mavs defense for shutting down that option.

Houston wasn't at their best and the Mavs throttled them for it. I will be keeping this recording in my DVR for a while. I like what I saw from the Mavs and hope they can consistently play teams this way.

Hats off to Stevie for coming back to take his medicine. He's right that his team is not as bad as they looked, but don't be like the real Stevie Francis. Give credit where credit is due and eat your crow like a nice boy. See you in Feb.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #91
stevie_franchise3

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Houston has done a good job to get their record so far, no matter who they've played. There main advantage last night was Yao and I was pleased to see them give up on him in the second half. Not only was he out for most of the third, but when he came in, he never really saw the ball. Kudos to the Mavs defense for shutting down that option.

Houston wasn't at their best and the Mavs throttled them for it. I will be keeping this recording in my DVR for a while. I like what I saw from the Mavs and hope they can consistently play teams this way.

Hats off to Stevie for coming back to take his medicine. He's right that his team is not as bad as they looked, but don't be like the real Stevie Francis. Give credit where credit is due and eat your crow like a nice boy. See you in Feb.
Dont worry I will also be back to give out some medicine as well. And to be perfectly honest I have given credit where it is due.

1) I have said that Dallas played a great zone and it did cause confusion with our players, ie denying the entry pass, making our players indecisive.

2) Dirk is the man. We have no answer for him, period. That can be said for pretty much all other teams in the league.

3) Dallas was the better team last night.

Notice there were no buts or ifs in my statements.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #92
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex

Dont worry I will also be back to give out some medicine as well. And to be perfectly honest I have given credit where it is due.

1) I have said that Dallas played a great zone and it did cause confusion with our players, ie denying the entry pass, making our players indecisive.

2) Dirk is the man. We have no answer for him, period. That can be said for pretty much all other teams in the league.

3) Dallas was the better team last night.

Notice there were no buts or ifs in my statements.
Thanks. We'll try to be as gracious if the tables are ever turned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote