Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2003, 02:39 AM   #321
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mavs v Griz GAMEDAY

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Sorry about the D Harper comment. Had nothing to do with your post, just some idiotic comment that he made during the post game show while I was writing my post. I was talking about Bradley not blocking a shot like that was why the Mavs lost the game.
5 blocked shots in 20 minutes? Id say he contributed. When he only takes 3 shots you cant blame him for losing the game. Blame Jamison or Walker who took 14+
Sorry I meant to say that D Harp was talking about Bradley not blocking a shot like that was why the Mavs lost the game. I thought Bradley played great, but he did get a little worn out playing for the whole 3rd quarter and then starting the 4th quarter. Derek Harper is an idiot as an anouncer. Blaming this lose on Bradley when so many stars choked, like Jamison missed point blank open layup attempts, is totally ridiculous.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:59 AM   #322
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I understood LRB and I was agreeing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:24 AM   #323
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
Sorry, I was trying to reply to Simon2. I don't you make a deduction that Nellie thought the game was in the bag just because he started Howard. It doesn't matter who starts. It matters who gets the minutes. I personally like the contribution that Howard made to the game. Nellie is all about match-ups. Starting Howard doesn't necessarily indicate overconfidence.
Well, if you know Nellie, there's just two things he doesn't do in important games.

1. He doesn't start or play rookies.
2. He always goes for the offensive player. I'm thinking you will say that he put in Howard to guard Miller.

Ummm no, Najera, Donnell Harvey, Courtney Alexander, and even Dirk all started while they were rookies.
Dirk was the only true exception. The other people were starting because of one of two reasons:

1. The other team was "easy"
2. Injuries in that position.

With a bench as deep as this, I doubt Nellie starts a rookie if the other team is an elite team.

Old 11-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #324
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ShaggyDirk
I don't care about this team this year. There is no love from me. I am glad they lost. No heart
Wow, I don't know how you could have ascertained this from last night's game.

Last night's game was frustrating to watch and obvisously it should have never made it to OT. I didn't personally care for the starting line up. I'm a huge JHO fan, but I'm starting not to care for any line up that puts Dirk at the 5. If I recall correctly, he drew two fouls right off the bat. I also didn't understand why Eddie went in during OT. Bradley had been so effective, why didn't he play the entire OT period?

I hope we see more consistency from Nash. With the exception of last night, his shooting %'s have been steadily improving, but he's got to start taking better care of the ball. At times last night, our offense looked like a complete cluster f and I don't think it had anything to do with putting Dirk back in.

I'm not worried about the free throw shooting - I think Nellie will take care of that.

My favorite part of last night's game was Bradley's scuffle. Why? Because I grew up with three brothers and I seriously [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img] retaliatory fouls [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:57 AM   #325
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
Sorry, I was trying to reply to Simon2. I don't you make a deduction that Nellie thought the game was in the bag just because he started Howard. It doesn't matter who starts. It matters who gets the minutes. I personally like the contribution that Howard made to the game. Nellie is all about match-ups. Starting Howard doesn't necessarily indicate overconfidence.
Well, if you know Nellie, there's just two things he doesn't do in important games.

1. He doesn't start or play rookies.
2. He always goes for the offensive player. I'm thinking you will say that he put in Howard to guard Miller.

Ummm no, Najera, Donnell Harvey, Courtney Alexander, and even Dirk all started while they were rookies.
Dirk was the only true exception. The other people were starting because of one of two reasons:

With a bench as deep as this, I doubt Nellie starts a rookie if the other team is an elite team.

But that is the reason why Josh started. Delk is injured. Delk starts if he is healthy.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:53 AM   #326
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Najera started the first 3 games of the 2000-01 season. There were no injuries and I'm pretty sure that Nellie didn't take any of the teams lightly because the Mavs were trying to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote