Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-26-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas-Mavs.com, the former "message boards with an attitude," is no longer present in the Favorites section. I guess Fish didn't take too kindly to all of Murph's Fish-bashing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2002, 10:17 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:17 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the attitude was a little too much for him!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
R-C-F

R-C-F is on a distinguished road

The link vanished during the time this board was down. I guess somebody complained that it was a dead link and it was removed. I'm sure if you ask to have it reinstated it would be - Fish is a good guy.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:31 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

Well that may have something to do with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Though I wouldn't blame him for removing the link, with all the smack talked about him by a few of the guys here!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:48 PM   #6
R-C-F

I'm pretty sure the reason the link was removed was because this site was down. During the Dark Age when this site was unavailable, I thought maybe my shortcut was bad. Because I remembered that Fish had a link I went to DB.com and tried to connect. The link was there, but it was dead. I went back a couple of days later to try again and the link was gone and your site was still down.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:52 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Ahh yes..the dark days. Man those were the days..switching from one host provider to another, spending hours each night talking to idiot tech reps, getting stuck with $500 bills for service that definitely did NOT make good on the "99.8% uptime guarantee" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 12:17 AM   #8
R-C-F

<< getting stuck with $500 bills for service that definitely did NOT make good on the &quot;99.8% uptime guarantee&quot; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] >>

Did you get your money back?
Old 01-27-2002, 01:02 AM   #9
djb
Administrator

Actually that one I ended up having to pay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 01:25 AM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, ya know I noticed Fish always used to post here whenever news would come up or he had an exclusive at DB.com or whatnot. I guess it could have been the downtime that took it out of his consciousness... but I always figured it was Murph, too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I happen to like the Fish, mainly because he does a good job covering the Mavs and likes Michael Irvin. I've always been a Michael Irvin apologist. But, being down here at A&amp;M, I can only listen to the show when I'm driving to and from Mavs games (or other reasons for being in DFW). So I don't have much reason to not like him. I tend to be very undescriminating when it comes to talk radio anyway. But I like the guy and really like the content at DB.com, although as a web-designer I'd say they need some help with their presentation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:40 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

knowing what i know about him as a person..i have no option but to speak poorly of him
i did listen to his show at times during commercial breaks on the ticket.. however, his show is so poor that i'm to the point to where i'd rather listen to commercials
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:20 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I like Fish personally. Atleast his Mavs coverage.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 09:46 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

he does know his mavs ok
well, actually, he talks alot of mavs but he talks about alot more than he actually knows.
there several posters on this board that know more about basketball than he does

my real problem with him is that he's a sorry individual
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 10:38 AM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

the only worthwhile thing that fish brings to the table is a hot wife.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote