Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-24-2002, 11:59 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Friday/Next Friday two-pack for $9.99 at TowerRecords.com! Kinda weird considering the same site is selling Friday for $18.99 and Next Friday for $14.99. Oh well..got my order in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

link
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2002, 02:04 PM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my brother just tried and it rang up as 34.99...

but i got my order in at 9.99.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:50 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The link is gone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If you missed out on that deal, maybe you can still pick up Terminator 2 for $4.99 over at Best Buy. This isn't the $20 Ultimate Edition version in the tin can though. I know BestBuy.com got flooded with orders and have since removed it altogether, but maybe you'll have better luck at the actual stores.

I LOVE DVD's and have accumulated a decent collection so far (60+), though I haven't been buying as many these past few months because of no $$$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2002, 12:20 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

If you are looking for a good site to buy DVDs, check out deepdiscountdvd.com. They are about as cheap as I have found and they offer free standard shipping. I found them a couple of weeks ago and bought three DVDs. Express mail was only a buck or two more for the whole purchase and they were shipped the next day.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:14 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

DeepDiscountDVD.com is great - they have that crappy Cindy Crawford flick (Fair Game) for like $5.50 shipped [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

aw, yeah, i swear by deepdiscountdvd.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:25 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Speaking of, anybody know a good site for buying PS2 games?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 01-29-2002, 02:42 PM   #9
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

On the topic of DVDs, has anyone joined netflix.com, and if so how has your experience been. It seems like a good deal, it is $20 a month for unlimited dvd rentals. You get three movies at a time, and when you are finished with one just send it back (the postage is prepaid) and they will send you another. There are no due dates, so no late fees, and the selection is huge (over 10,000 dvd). For someone who just moved from Dallas and was living across the street from Premiere video the best place in town to Mckinney where all they have at blockbuster are about 400 copies of big momma's house and the animal, I like the idea. If someone has joined let me know what you think, how the long the shipping takes, and how the availability of DVDs is. Thanks

The only place i could think of that might have some good prices on PS2 could be half.com

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 02:51 PM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i've heard good things about netflix. i don't use it personally, though.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:55 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Used them once, but that was two years ago so it may be quite different now. I rented Deep Blue Sea (shark movie). It worked reasonably well. It took a week for them to get the movie in and mail it to me after I ordered it. So, they don't always have every title in stock.

Basically, I ordered a movie and got to watch it a week later. But I got to keep it for a week. But I only wanted to see it once. So, I was a little disappointed.

Again, that was two years ago. Your experience may be different.