Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-17-2003, 09:34 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Anyone disappointed in the reaction of Parcells?

I was expecting fire and brimstone at the many penalties. Seems like he was pretty calm. Could he be losing the fear factor after no repercussions after the Tampa game? Maybe players aren't as afraid of him anymore? I know he's probably too old to throw a tantrum but I was expecting him to at least seem pissed.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:35 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Anyone disappointed in the reaction of Parcells?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
I was expecting fire and brimstone at the many penalties. Seems like he was pretty calm. Could he be losing the fear factor after no repercussions after the Tampa game? Maybe players aren't as afraid of him anymore? I know he's probably too old to throw a tantrum but I was expecting him to at least seem pissed.
We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I believe you're overreacting here.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I think he was downplaying the loss a little, but it's only his first year and the Cowboys are 7-3; no need to worry yet. We have a touhg road ahead of us though, so Parcells just needs to focus on that.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Anyone disappointed in the reaction of Parcells?

He has to pick his spots. He can't throw a tantrum every time something goes wrong. Eventually it loses its effectiveness.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:05 AM   #5
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I believe you're overreacting here.
I could be overreacting. He just didn't look like he was pissed at the result or the penalties.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:40 AM   #6
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I think he was disgusted and disappointed. He realizes this team is not as good as the record. That said, I wouldn't count out that a lockerroom ass chewing didn't occur.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:43 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sometimes silence conveys more anger than outbursts.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:57 AM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

He was pissed. You know he wanted to beat his erstwhile former-apprentice. Dallas played a team that was well-prepared for them (yet another team off the bye week). The loss was inevitable. Let's not overreact, Parcells knew the odds were against his team. He couldn't be too pissed about the loss. Now, if they lay another egg on the offensive score board against Carolina (I know they have a good defense), then Parcells will have a right to be really pissed.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

yeah, i think he expected to lose, but was probably really pissed that they could have pulled it out, if they hadn't made mistakes. The defense played great with the excpetion on 2 plays, and the offense killed itself with penalties, and To's.
BUt the main thing that has to eat at him, is that they can't Run the ball successfully. It's hard to get Quincy any chance of success with aboslutley no threat of a running game. FAce it Quincy is not great, and needs to be put in good positions to have sucess. And without a rushing attack, that will not happen
Old 11-17-2003, 01:05 PM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

No one other than an absolute homer thinks Quincy is "great". He's played above his head, and worked as hard as anyone on the team, but this alone does not make him great. Parcells has been accused of "downplaying" this team as a motivational tool. How about, he was just telling it like it is. This team has problems. They've earned their record by hardwork and maybe a little luck. The Cowboys will finish 8-8 and for this team that is no shame. To expect more than that is optimistic. And Parcells is a lot of things, but optimistic is not one of them.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

It's better to stay calmed before his players and to kill-smash-crush the offensive coach in solitary.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:17 PM   #12
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
It's better to stay calmed before his players and to kill-smash-crush the offensive coach in solitary.
I guess Parcells has learned something in his years as a coach. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i wasn't dissapointed, this game i believe was a tribute to our deffense (excellent except in the turnover department) and a very obvious and immediate need of a breakout Running Back. Hambrick is a good short yardage 3 down back, but he lacks the breakout ability to force other teams safeties up. Parcells is the best, Parcells is probobly elated that THIS team is 7-3 and tied for first with the Eagles. Who could have predicted that. Furethermore Parcells doesn't seem to get to upset unless the team is not playing to their potential as he sees it. maybe they were, just a thought.