Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-20-2003, 05:39 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poll: Mavs Man or Champ

I vote for the Jimmy King, aka Mavs Man: the scariest looking mascot in the NBA!

Old 11-20-2003, 06:35 AM   #2
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Poll: Mavs Man or Champ

TAW,LOL.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:42 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs Man's expresession has always looked a little constipated to me.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
I vote for the Jimmy King, aka Mavs Man: the scariest looking mascot in the NBA!

Do you know something we don't know?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: Mavs Man or Champ

Quote:
A few years back, when we cut hometown hero Jimmy King from training camp, the Mavs made it up to him by giving him the job of being Mavs man. I know he worked that gig for at least a while before going to play overseas...
Old 11-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Quote:
A few years back, when we cut hometown hero Jimmy King from training camp, the Mavs made it up to him by giving him the job of being Mavs man. I know he worked that gig for at least a while before going to play overseas...
That's pretty sweet....didn't know that. I was a big fan of the Plano product. Thanks for the info Evil.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Neither.

Dallas needs a new Cuban-style mascot. (What about a blindfolded referee? -sorry for the pleonasm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Btw, when the Mavs Man started showing?

Old 11-20-2003, 10:58 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a big fan of humans dressed up as mascots, period, so I voted for TAW.

However, Mavs Man is more tolerable for me than most, because after all, the character IS just a dude with basketball skin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Could be worse. He could be a WEIRD HORSE. Burn, Champ, burn.

What I REALLY can't stand is people dressed up as something that requires them to look through the mouth to see out of the suit. It's just dumb. When I was about 7, we went to Six Flags for the first time, and this Daffy-Duck-dude came up to me and wanted to take a picture.. you know, like "hiya kid, I'm Daffy Duck" sorta thing... well, even at age 7, I was just like, "you chump, you're just a guy in a fuzzy suit, and it's July, so I bet you're uncomfortable in that thing." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Children aren't afraid of Champ, so someone should vote in his favor!

Mavs Man has been around longer. I appreciate his antics, and associate him more closely with the team. I guess I may give him my vote.

I was felt up by Sylvester @ Six Flags when I was 18. He came up and hugged me, and it seemed natural to do so (I was a Disneyland kid). Then he took a picture with my friends and I. He tried to hug me again, and as I pulled away he slid his paws down to my butt. He nearly got punched in his stuffed face! lol (it wasn't funny at the time)

The other day I was getting on an elevator @ AAC, and 3 stuffed chic-fil-a cows were stepping off. When the doors opened, I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was hilarious! They are kind of scary with those monstrous cow heads.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:20 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Neither.

Dallas needs a new Cuban-style mascot. (What about a blindfolded referee? -sorry for the pleonasm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Btw, when the Mavs Man started showing?
He showed up the last year that Kidd was in town so 96?
Old 11-20-2003, 12:28 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is there anyway that kg would do us the favor of killing both while at the game tonight....not TAW, he's not deserving of death...but those other two.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:01 PM   #12
Objective J

Objective J is on a distinguished road

Remind me never to get on Rylan's bad side. No mascot is safe. Not even Daffy Duck.
Objective J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:04 PM   #13
Objective J

I take it back after looking at those photos above, I would probably have to punch Champ in the face if he got too close. I just don't like big stuffed animals in my face.

I know he wasn't on the list, but I kind of like inflatable Mavs Man. Everyone should own one. Just kidding.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:06 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
I take it back after looking at those photos above, I would probably have to punch Champ in the face if he got too close. I just don't like big stuffed animals in my face.

I know he wasn't on the list, but I kind of like inflatable Mavs Man. Everyone should own one. Just kidding.
note to self, don't get ObJ that giant stuffed teddy bear for Christmas...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #15
Objective J

Don't the Rangers have a champ type mascot as well? I remember going to a game and watching the horse do the running man on top of the third base dugout. I couldn't look away...I was hoping he would bust his ass.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:16 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Don't the Rangers have a champ type mascot as well? I remember going to a game and watching the horse do the running man on top of the third base dugout. I couldn't look away...I was hoping he would bust his ass.
That wasn't a guy in a horse suit, that was Juan Gonzalez. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I vote for Mavs Man because I just can't see Champ doing those trampoline dunks. Plus Mavs Man is a carry over from the Reunion days.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:20 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
That wasn't a guy in a horse suit, that was Juan Gonzalez. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I vote for Mavs Man because I just can't see Champ doing those trampoline dunks. Plus Mavs Man is a carry over from the Reunion days.
and King gets a rimshot![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #18
Objective J

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:

Are you saying that an androgynous Juan Gonzalez was inside the horse suit?
Old 11-20-2003, 05:00 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Tariq gets my nod.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 05:21 PM   #20
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Rowdy should be mentioned in this poll...
Old 11-20-2003, 05:25 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Rowdy should be shot, hung, drawn and quartered, and then they should start some of that freaky chinese torture on his foamy butt!

Old 11-20-2003, 05:37 PM   #22
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Rowdy should be executed the next time he signals that a P.A.T. (that cuts through the middle of the uprights) is no good!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #23
Objective J

At first, I couldn't figure out who Rowdy was. Rowdy is the worst mascot I have ever seen. Between Rowdy and Champ, I'll take Champ every day of the week. I can't believe I am getting so passionate about mascots, but I despise Rowdy.