Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-19-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default You might be a Republican if...PART 2

A little too much Democrat bashing going on in here..time to even the score... all you lefties like me- ENJOY!!!

If you believe the government should stay out of the church’s business, then believe in faith based initiatives, you might be a Republican.
If you believe Saddam Hussein needs to be bombed, but that Mubarak and Musharif need American aid, and China needs most favored nation trading status, you might be a Republican.

If you believe Machiavelli was right, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that the government is violating our rights, then support the Patriot Act, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that deficits are bad, but pass tax cuts without corresponding program reductions, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that we are fighting this war to defend American values, then want to hang all the war protesters, you might be a Republican.

If you believe in the right to keep and bear arms, but want to destroy Iraq and North Korea for the weapons that they possess, you might be a Republican.

If you think mentioning Buddha or Mohammed in schools violates the separation of church and state, but want the kids to keep pledging allegiance to a nation “under God”, you might be a Republican.

If you do not believe in a “vast, right wing conspiracy,” but DO believe in a “vast left wing conspiracy”, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that television news is biased and left wing, but believe that Rush Limbaugh and Micheal Savage are fair and balanced, you might be a Republican.

If you believe Donald Rumsfeld is sane, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that Clinton was immoral because of his affair with the office staff, but believe Eisenhower was a great man despite his affair with his secretary, you might be a Republican.

If you think it was unfair that Lincoln got shot, but great that Kennedy got shot, you might be a Republican.

If you STILL think it is all Clinton’s fault, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that John Ashcroft is really interested in justice, you might be a Republican.

If you believe Texans riding around in armed pickup trucks are just expressing their freedoms, but Afghans riding around in armed pickup trucks are a grave threat to America’s freedom, you might be a Republican. AND a redneck.

If you believe anything coming out of Paul Wolfowitz’s mouth, you are seriously deluded, plus maybe a republican.

If you believe that Bush prefers war to diplomacy because it is easier to spell, you are almost as cynical as me.

If you believe that anyone who can see through the steaming fetid pile of bovine excrement that passes for GOP rhetoric is a liberal, you might be a Republican.

If you believe it is worth destroying a 225 year old alliance with France just to smash a petty two-bit tyrant, you might be a republican.

Old 11-19-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:You might be a Republican if...PART 2

What are you if you're not Republican but don't think that your post is remotely funny?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:24 PM   #3
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

its only not funny to you stuffy right wingers...some of us think its funny...deal with it
Old 11-19-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: You might be a Republican if...PART 2

It's kind of sad really.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:46 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
its only not funny to you stuffy right wingers...some of us think its funny...deal with it
From what I've seen of Murphy's politics in his posts I would hardly call him an extremist though I definitely can't speak for him. But I would think that people in the middle would not necessary appreciate some of the humor proposed by the extreme right and left factions. I don't think it's fair to characterize those who don't appreciate this humor as being on the far end of the opposite political spectrum.

As for me I definitely lean heavyly ot the rights. Yet I can laugh at some of the humor against republicans. Some because I see some truth and some because it appears to be ridiculously unfounded crtiticism. Everyone is going to be a little different though. But I would hate for our politics to be solely or even majorly deteremined by the sense of humor that we had in receiving political jokes.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:11 PM   #6
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

some of it was kind of funny. some was dumb, but this one I found to be in very poor taste.
Quote:
If you think it was unfair that Lincoln got shot, but great that Kennedy got shot, you might be a Republican.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
some of it was kind of funny. some was dumb, but this one I found to be in very poor taste.
Quote:

Yes, not even my sense of humor finds that funny. While Kennedy was far from perfect, I wouldn't have wished any president get shot. Not even Clinton who I detest. I was in Washington walking back to the White House from the Washington Monument when that wacko pulled the AK 47 out and started blasting the White House. And I would have jumped the Wacko and kicked his @$$ if I had been closer. Whether you like the man in the office or not, you still need to respect the office. And I remember in high school how a lot of kids were joking and cheering when Reagan got shot and how sick I felt about it.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:26 PM   #8
reeds
Golden Member

I didnt say every one of the quotes had to be funny did I??? I agree many are not funny- but that does NOT mean some Republican dont feel that way..I believe it to be true with SOME, not all republicans..Of course no one in their right mind would admit that they feel that way- but some DO
Old 11-19-2003, 10:30 PM   #9
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Yes some do...and some liberals have some pretty sick viewpoints as well. The political spectrum is not a straight line with liberals at one edge and conservatives at the other. It is a circle, and the farther you go in both directions, the more things begin to look alike.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I am thinking what Psychedelic said.

With liberals or conservatives, in the end always the US get what they want.

Isn't it the same thing than the Psyc's circling political spectrum?

Old 11-20-2003, 07:36 AM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

your last list was funnier.

If you're not trying to be funny, you're trying to be mean. And that's no fun.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:05 AM   #12
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes some do...and some liberals have some pretty sick viewpoints as well. The political spectrum is not a straight line with liberals at one edge and conservatives at the other. It is a circle, and the farther you go in both directions, the more things begin to look alike.
the politcal compass......i can't remember the address for the test...but yes.....the far right & the far left do meet up somewhere around the back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:58 AM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I took one of those test one time.

It said I was authoritarian/borderline fascist.

I'm not even kidding, this is how I scored. What a kick in the teeth.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:03 PM   #14
veruca salt
Platinum Member

don't worry, i'm a liberal anarchist. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #15
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I case you where wondering what you are

Click here to find out ?

I took it and I found out that I am a

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:07 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I faired quite a bit better on this one.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:19 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

Old 11-21-2003, 12:02 AM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-21-2003, 12:10 AM   #19
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Those questions are biased. They force choices when intermediate answers are realistic. I am too far left and south. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:20 AM   #20
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

the questions are too vague. according to this thing I'm a liberal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Oh well, time to start acting like one...I'm liberal, so i think everyone has a right to be anything they want, except conservative. guns are bad. war is bad. ummm... keep your laws off my body?

Old 11-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #21
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey

Those questions are biased. They force choices when intermediate answers are realistic. I am too far left and south. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

OK Bogey just how did you manage to get your dot exactly in the corner like that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the questions are too vague. according to this thing I'm a liberal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Oh well, time to start acting like one...I'm liberal, so i think everyone has a right to be anything they want, except conservative. guns are bad. war is bad. ummm... keep your laws off my body?
Genius.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:10 AM   #23
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey

OK Bogey just how did you manage to get your dot exactly in the corner like that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm just an authoritative right wing conservative centrist. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:21 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hell..can't get the picture to paste..
but, i'm down in the very bottom corner..

Authoritarian..anyone surprised?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:28 AM   #25
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

That's what I'm talking about! Libertarian all the way baby!
Old 11-21-2003, 02:47 AM   #26
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Thats odd, I've taken a few of these tests and usually I'm on the right wing side
Old 11-21-2003, 06:16 AM   #27
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

i guess it's no surprise that i liked reeds post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
and i'm out again
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:07 AM   #28
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if they consider keeping or repealing drug laws or immigration constraints a matter of regulating personal/moral issues. To me they are definitely economic/security issues.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:47 AM   #29
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

I was very authoritarian, though im not really so authoritarian in real life.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:51 PM   #30
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-23-2003, 06:04 PM   #31
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Aha! I knew it!

Old 11-23-2003, 06:07 PM   #32
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I don't think i ever made any secret of it.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-23-2003, 06:16 PM   #33
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Libertarian toward the top corner....boo to the Drug War!
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote