Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-29-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default OVER\UNDER...staying down...help me!

why is the road our kryptonite???? let hope superman comes back to play at home...even without Dirk!

OVER\UNDER- Nash's points: 17

OVER\UNDER- Walker's missed field goals: 9

OVER\UNDER- Finley's Free throw attempts: 5

OVER\UNDER- Jamison's boards: 6

someone please hit on all four...

dont bet the birth rite.....unless there's some really good soup on the table!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:OVER\UNDER...staying down...help me!

Over - Maybe it's just the homer in me, but Nash is due a big game, please let it be tonight
Over - Should see lots of shots out of AW tonight and even with a real nice FG%, 10 misses probably won't be that much.
Over - To win, Fin will need to get here more than 5 times in all likely hood
Over - we need boards, boards, and more boards. Pleas AJ get some double digit board tonight. Preferably some of AW's misses above.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:35 PM   #3
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: OVER\UNDER...staying down...help me!

Over
Over
Over
Over

LRB sounds like he knows what he is talking about.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Over
Over
Over
Over

Did I ever tell you about this great beach front property that I have in Arizona? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Under
Under
Over
Over
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #6
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Well I think I am due for a bad prediction day after yesterday's lucky calls. Since I predicted a Mavs win, lets hope it only applies to the over/under predictions.

Over
Under
Over
Over

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 01:51 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

OVER\UNDER- Nash's points: Under

OVER\UNDER- Walker's missed field goals: Under

OVER\UNDER- Finley's Free throw attempts: Under
OVER\UNDER- Jamison's boards: Over

Jamison/Finley are the big boys tonight. Walker drags garnett away from the basket all night.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:11 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

So, I'd sort of been staying away from these out of fear that I would jinx the team (the first two times I made predictions on the gameday thread we lost - I predicted a win both times, fwiw), but after the last couple games I've come to the conclusion that it wasn't my fault, so here goes. Hopefully, with new initiative will come a rediscovery of the fearless play this team has known in the past.

Over
Under
Over
Over
Old 11-29-2003, 03:29 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Over
Under
Over
Over

Optimistic.

Old 11-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
why is the road our kryptonite???? let hope superman comes back to play at home...even without Dirk!

OVER\UNDER- Nash's points: 17

OVER\UNDER- Walker's missed field goals: 9

OVER\UNDER- Finley's Free throw attempts: 5

OVER\UNDER- Jamison's boards: 6

Are these no.s for the entire game or just a half.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:29 PM   #11
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

under
over
over
even

I am the smhartist man in the wurld!!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:01 PM   #12
Kid California

Kid California is on a distinguished road

under- his lucky charm is out with an ankle injury
under-hopefully Fin will take some shots away from him and tonight we wont have as many attempts as last night as a team.
under- He will probably decide to shoot over hoiberg, and with Kandi and KG protecting the rim, i dont think so
over-He better.
Kid California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:09 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Under : I think Nash shoots more effecient tonight but dishes out about 10 assists.
Over : Just because its Walker
Under : I don't expect Fin to drive to the rack at all this game especially after that 2nd half he had yesterday he is going to score points off jumpers tonight.
Over : With Jamison starting or getting more minutes since Dirk is out 6 board should be no problem. I think yesterday was a fluke.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 06:39 PM   #14
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Over
Over
Under
Over

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Over
Under
Over
Under
Old 11-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Ok I'm on pace for all 4, in fact I need only 2 misses by Walker and 1 rebound by Jamison to get 50%. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 11:01 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

Damn Fin!!!!! one more FTA and I would have had a perfect 4 for 4. Still I'll take the 3 for 4 anyday since we get the win to go with it.

But next time Fin go to the basket more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 11:15 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

So Nash's points we count as a over? I wanted to change it to a over earlier but I just knew he would struggle. I didn't know he would still manage to get 17 points.

1996-2005
Old 11-29-2003, 11:23 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
So Nash's points we count as a over? I wanted to change it to a over earlier but I just knew he would struggle. I didn't know he would still manage to get 17 points.
Damn Nash!!! I misread the box score. It' s 2 out of 4. Well at least we won the game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 11:37 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Damn Nash!!! I misread the box score. It' s 2 out of 4. Well at least we won the game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL. I forgot how it felt to win a game. It feels great. It will feel alot better if Spurs somehow managed to lose to the Warriors tonight.

1996-2005
Old 11-29-2003, 11:40 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL. I forgot how it felt to win a game. It feels great. It will feel alot better if Spurs somehow managed to lose to the Warriors tonight.
Just watch the home games FFM and you'll be blissful all season. Otherwise get ready to break out the Prozac. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 01:29 AM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike

OVER\UNDER- Nash's points: 17 Even - 17

OVER\UNDER- Walker's missed field goals: 9 Over - 14

OVER\UNDER- Finley's Free throw attempts: 5 Even - 5

OVER\UNDER- Jamison's boards: 6 Over - 13

Old 11-30-2003, 07:30 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks be to the Lordy!!!!! A Mavs WIN!!!....take that and stuff it all you haters![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

By the by, I actually got got two of the "bets" dead on!!! I guess there is a first time for everything....except men wearing pink....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Lets see how you did, cuz the two "EVEN" hits on the line are going to screw up most of ya!

Take a walk down the halls of the Museum of Suck! 0\4: u2(my good ole friend....get out of here!)

Hitting .250(which sucks as well, unless you are an overpaid Ranger) 1\4: Sweets(but is still the best!), Mavs Rule(a former champ), dude1394, grnd c, Chiwas(my favorite tiger), Razor(how smart are you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]), kid C(1\4 not bad for a cali kid!)

Breakin' EVEN 2\4: LRB(no I dount think you'll go 4\4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]), Filthy(not bad), Oz(pretty good considering the show was canceled!)

yup, the two EVEN hit on the line screw you guys!...but kinda makes me look good for once!....at least we got a win!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #24
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Good call Sike. I think you ought to be considered the winner with 2 Exact hits! What are the odds on that?

But as for the others, I consider those who hit one, to be one out of two. And for those who hit two, to be two out of two. Unless you consider that you can vote either under/over/even. Is "even" even a choice? I am guessing it isn't since the game is called over/under. Therefore, LRB, Filthy, and Oz were PERFECT! Congrats.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:19 PM   #25
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I guess I don't get credit for recognizing LRB's genius right away?
Old 11-30-2003, 01:20 PM   #26
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Over
Over
Over
Over

Ahem.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:05 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Rule
Good call Sike. I think you ought to be considered the winner with 2 Exact hits! What are the odds on that?

But as for the others, I consider those who hit one, to be one out of two. And for those who hit two, to be two out of two. Unless you consider that you can vote either under/over/even. Is "even" even a choice? I am guessing it isn't since the game is called over/under. Therefore, LRB, Filthy, and Oz were PERFECT! Congrats.
I think in Vegas, the rules are that if it falls even it is a push... which would mean that everyone got at least two "right". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 02:13 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:

I think in Vegas, the rules are that if it falls even it is a push... which would mean that everyone got at least two "right". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Well since Sike is getting so accurate with his predictions, he could make it a true over\under by putting all the nembers a factions.

ie Fins FTA's 5.5, Nash's scoring 16.5, etc.

Just a suggestion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 03:18 PM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:

Well since Sike is getting so accurate with his predictions, he could make it a true over\under by putting all the nembers a factions.

ie Fins FTA's 5.5, Nash's scoring 16.5, etc.

Just a suggestion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I was actually thinking the same thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think that is a GENIUS idea. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

Crap! how can I resist if two respected members cliam an Idea is genius....byyyyyyyyy calling it stupid![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]..and pretending that it was never mentioned!....

ok, I really don't think it will make a great difference, but I can put decimal in there if you want!

Old 11-30-2003, 04:13 PM   #31
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Perhaps a rule about what happens in the event of a tie?
Old 11-30-2003, 04:16 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

ESQ YOU MAY NEED TO EXPLAIN THE QUESTION BETTER....A TIE??? YOU MEAN IN THAT PARTICULAR OVER\UNDER OR A RULE FOR THE FEW TIMES WHEN I HIT IT ON "EVEN"?...CLAIRIFICATION PLEASE!

Old 11-30-2003, 04:21 PM   #33
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Sorry. Here is some clarification, I hope. What about TPIR rule? If you come nearest without going over. Anything falling on even goes with Under, according to TPIR (The Price is Right).
Old 11-30-2003, 04:21 PM   #34
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Perhaps a rule about what happens in the event of a tie?
Step one kiss your sister.

Step two in case of "tieing" in more than one category, use tounge.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 09:34 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

THE RULE IS STATED THUSLY: THE "EVEN" WILL REMAIN AS A SEPARATE BET (just another option like over or under)...WORTH TWICE AS MUCH AS A NORMAL BID....EX: THERE ARE FOUR POSSIBLE RIGHT ANSWERS IF YOU BET THE LINE, AND ARE CORRECT YOU WILL MAKE UP FOR A MISSED BET OR IF ALL OTHER ANSWERS ARE CORRECT A DOUBLE POINT WILL BE ADDED....YOU WOULD MAKE A 5\5 WHILE THE OTHERS WILL PLAY ON A FOUR ANSWER BASIS......! understood!

Old 11-30-2003, 09:38 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

Damn now we need a rule bood and a calculator to play Sike's #$%^@ game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]