Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-13-2003, 02:00 AM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default tired of jack nicholson

they show this guy bitching at the refs every single laker game
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2003, 02:01 AM   #2
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:tired of jack nicholson

I am really tired of spoiled Lakers fans and players.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:06 AM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: tired of jack nicholson

he looked like an insane homeless guy... so did his friends, who were sitting next to him
Old 12-13-2003, 02:12 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

It was a shame. He was trying to hype up the crowd in a last ditch effort. Can't blame him.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:13 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

His choking gestures were nothing short of hysterical. It was actually the best performance I've seen from him in years.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:13 AM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

He's one of my favorite actors of all time...but he's a Laker fan and therefore knows no better. Gotta feel sorry for the lad.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:14 AM   #7
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I'm used to the antics of laker fans...but the one person who really needs to shut up concerning all things basketball is randy galloway.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:20 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'm just sorry that it was on some other Faker fan and not Jack that Shawn Bradley spilled the drink. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 02:26 AM   #9
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
His choking gestures were nothing short of hysterical. It was actually the best performance I've seen from him in years.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I didn't understand the gesture, what point was he trying to make?

On that note: Look for the league to fine Phil Jackson for his comments about Javie. He didn't complain about the other refs, just Javie.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:30 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

On that note: Look for the league to fine Phil Jackson for his comments about Javie. He didn't complain about the other refs, just Javie.

Maybe he was willing the Mavs to choke??? Or maybe he was pissed at Shaq for missing his FT's??? Who knows what was going on inside that head, but it definitely cracked me up - reminded me of his Witches of Eastwick role.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 12-13-2003, 02:31 AM   #11
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He was trying to get in the Mavs players heads and get them to think they were going to choke AGAIN.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:34 AM   #12
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
He was trying to get in the Mavs players heads and get them to think they were going to choke AGAIN.
I thought he was making that gesture at the refs, Javie in particular. Crazy old goat!

Old 12-13-2003, 02:38 AM   #13
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

It looked like he was calling someone a fag. Did anyone else notice that? lol
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:39 AM   #14
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Yes, I agree, he was trying to show up the refs with the animation.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:04 AM   #15
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

I think Jack had too much to drink before the game. Though damn he makes great movies.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:07 AM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
I think Jack had too much to drink before the game. Though damn he makes great movies.
I think Jack had too much to drink during the game as well. And I generally don't care for his movies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 03:13 AM   #17
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Its not Jacks fault that the cameras are always on him. He is a true fan, kinda like thunder guy.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:14 AM   #18
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

I thought they were going to call a tech on Jack for a second there. HEHE
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:17 AM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: Razor
Its not Jacks fault that the cameras are always on him. He is a true fan, kinda like thunder guy.
Thunder guy sucks.

Old 12-13-2003, 03:18 AM   #20
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
He had to be warned in the Spurs game a couple of weeks back.

Old 12-13-2003, 03:23 AM   #21
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
He had to be warned in the Spurs game a couple of weeks back.
Where's Nurse Ratched?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:30 AM   #22
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Instead of showing Jack, why don't they show more of Heather Locklear?
Old 12-13-2003, 10:19 AM   #23
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
I vote for that one. Heck I'd settle for, and probably prefer, the Lakers Girls. They could even do a fake breast spotlight. Being LA, it shouldn't be that hard to spot a pair. Definitely two boobs that I'd rather see than Jack.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 10:31 AM   #24
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
I vote for that one. Heck I'd settle for, and probably prefer, the Lakers Girls. They could even do a fake breast spotlight. Being LA, it shouldn't be that hard to spot a pair. Definitely two boobs that I'd rather see than Jack.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm still waiting for them to show the fan that had a 1 foot cleavage.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:32 AM   #25
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
I'm still waiting for them to show the fan that had a 1 foot cleavage.

Now that would "crack" me up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]