Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #1
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

What is it about this All-Star weekend, all I am hearing about is damned cheesesteaks.

I hope I haven't missed too much, but I was wondering if anyone is a fan of such delicacy.

Also hear a lot about chalupas at Mavs games, and fruitcakes are also popular at Portland games.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2002, 10:30 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Cheesesteaks are great but since I've never had a "real" Philly cheesesteak, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Chalupas are ok too, but they're not all that. Free is definitely good though!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:39 AM   #3
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Oz...oh oh! I was like you, i was always like, what's the deal..as was everyone else in my house, so we got a receipe & made them..alot *haha*
Damn they're good, but i've never had a real one either, just home made.
Plus i'm a vegetarian, so there isn't much steak [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:34 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i actually like the cheesesteak i get here in texas better than the "philly" cheesesteaks that you hear so much about...
they trick it up too much up north..
besides, texas has the better steak so it makes since that texas would have the better cheesteak sandwich
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #5
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Love those Texas steaks!!

Any of you eaten the steak the Big Texan place in Amarillo?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 01:03 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, at my old job, ...one of my offices was in amarillo..so, i got to go there..not much in amarillo besides that..
Old 02-08-2002, 01:32 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

In keeping with the food motif, I'd just like to mention that I haven't paid for anything at Taco Bell in a year because of all the free Chalupa coupons. I've got five in my wallet right now. Two left over from last year!
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 10:50 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Homer Simpson voice: "Hmmmm.....Texadelphia cheesesteak."
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:37 AM   #9
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the steak in Texas is better, actually the steak they use for REAL philly cheese steaks aren't from the best steak actually. However there's this spot right outside of New Jersey in Philly. I can't even remember the name of the place but I had a philly cheesesteak because I wanted to know all the fuss too, and I must say, this thing was GREAT!!!! I've had them before but this one was absolutely AWESOME!!!!!
Old 02-09-2002, 06:29 AM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Here Applebee's has a great Philly Cheese Steak.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:32 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

personally..i like cheddar's cheesesteak.
not big on texadelphia though..overrated
Old 02-09-2002, 11:01 AM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I've never had a cheesesteak. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:59 AM   #13
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Rob you need to make it a POINT to get one..