Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Najera to Portland or Utah?

More (good, for me) news today:

Translated with a language-engine.

They assure to Lalo his permanence in Mavs

SUN

His tone of voice was of much tranquillity. Very different from the one from it does two or three weeks when the desperation made prey of the Mexican player of the Mavericks de Dallas, Eduardo Nájera.

The reason of the joy of the chihuahuense is simple. Minutes before the telephone interview that granted for the UNIVERSAL one, the owner of the Mavericks, Mark Cuban, spoke with him to assure to him that its permanence with Dallas is a fact.

"I talked with him with because I was very worried not playing many minutes and he (Cuban) said to me that I had to be calm, that nor even to think that they are going to trade me because I am not going to leave. It said to me that in the NBA are not many players of my quality, not only in the field, but human", Eduardo said.

The Mexican player felt in the desperation after the trainer of the Mavericks, Don Nelson, is been using him 13,8 minutes per game, the smaller amount from his year of novice when averaged 10.8.

Other times almost he doesn't even step on the court as last week against the Kings of Sacramento. That day, the Mexican forward played only a minute. That night Eduardo called his agent, Give Fegan, so that he will speak with the owner on the possibility of a change to another team.

- What was exactly what Cuban said to you?

- He said to me: "you remain in my team, we don't think in changing you, so tell your agent that don't worry", something like this-, Eduardo answered.

Nevertheless, the forward of 2,04 meters sayd that Cuban promised to him to make changes in the team. Truth is that it is great news to begin the year. Very nervous, sad and I was disappointed of how the things were occurring, now I feel far better, it assured Eduardo.

The basquetball player, second Mexican playing in the NBA, added that at the moment he will be dedicated to give rest to his left knee, which will have him without activity two weeks more. Eduardo was operated of that joint the 6 of December of the last year, but until the moment he has not retaken the form.

"I can't jump nor I have the force of before, this is hopeless to me. There are occasions that my mind wants to make a thing, but the knee says another one to me", Nájera said. The player related that after the last revision in the knee, the doctor of the Mavericks, T.Q. Souryal preached at him for not to have had the necessary rest during the summer. The preaching wasn't hard, but he said to me that I am paying the consequences of not taking a rest in the summer. No way that he had not played with the Mexican selection, he added.

That things are of the past, now what it matters is to rest two or three weeks to be in the best possible form, I want to return to be Eduardo Nájera of before, he emphasized.

The report, in Spanish.

Old 01-02-2004, 02:49 PM   #42
Chiwas
Guru

Noticed this?

Quote:
Nevertheless, the forward of 2,04 meters said that Cuban promised to him to make changes in the team.
Uh oh.

Old 01-02-2004, 03:34 PM   #43
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Najera to Portland or Utah?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Noticed this?

Quote:
Nevertheless, the forward of 2,04 meters said that Cuban promised to him to make changes in the team.
Uh oh.
I was thinking the exact same thing...What exactly does that mean?

My first hunch is that one of the forwards is going to be moved out for someone else. Maybe that means Najera can go back to his more normal posititon. But would that rule out bringing in another forward like Rasheed? Does this give credence to the possibility of Zydrunas Ilgauskus here in Dallas or some other center?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #44
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Making connections between "Najera won't leave and will play enough time when healthy" and "changes in the team" only lead me to think in two options:

1.- Walker -or Jamison- is going to be traded for a Center. I think Walker is the main candidate cause Dirk would be back to that spot or the 3 and Najera to the backup at the 4.

2.- Nelson will be fired -not very possible- or Nelson will change the scheme sitting Walker or using him in the 5.

The #1 makes more sense, and I think it will be soon.

Old 01-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #45
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Making connections between "Najera won't leave and will play enough time when healthy" and "changes in the team" only lead me to think in two options:

1.- Walker -or Jamison- is going to be traded for a Center. I think Walker is the main candidate cause Dirk would be back to that spot or the 3 and Najera to the backup at the 4.

2.- Nelson will be fired -not very possible- or Nelson will change the scheme sitting Walker or using him in the 5.

The #1 makes more sense, and I think it will be soon.

I tend to agree with the trade seeming imminent. Who do think ends up coming and going?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:20 PM   #46
Chiwas
Guru

After thinking more about it, it seems it will be Jamison for Wallace, the original rumor, without Najera.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #47
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Chiwas, in that article it says that Eddie called his agent about a transfer to another team. Did he call because he wanted to be traded or because he was worried about being traded. I didn't understand.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:44 PM   #48
Chiwas
Guru

Reading it in Spanish, it seems that he was desperate and wanting a trade. It is not very clear, though.

(Congratulations for your first hundred)

Old 01-02-2004, 07:28 PM   #49
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Reading it in Spanish, it seems that he was desperate and wanting a trade. It is not very clear, though.

(Congratulations for your first hundred)
I see, and thank you. Congratulations yourself you big guru.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #50
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
After thinking more about it, it seems it will be Jamison for Wallace, the original rumor, without Najera.
I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:13 PM   #51
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Isn't it odd that Najera is speaking to Cuban directly? Shouldn't he go to Nellie or Donnie? How can Cuban guarantee that he isn't being shopped?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:16 PM   #52
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Quote:
I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Jamison+TAW+Stephanson+2008 first round pick

Old 01-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #53
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Isn't it odd that Najera is speaking to Cuban directly? Shouldn't he go to Nellie or Donnie? How can Cuban guarantee that he isn't being shopped?
It is odd, always has been since Cuban arrived. He buys, sells, trades, waives, signs, coaches and trains, sometimes or often, in a fun way or in a serious manner. In my opinion, he is the real GM of the team, with Donnie as his main assistant and Don as a consultant -on the GM tasks. Nonetheless, he said "We don't think on changing you", which soften the oddity.