Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default What is this guy's problem?

Chuck Barkley calling his bookie to bet against the Mavs tonight. I hope they can shut him up. Guy drives me nuts. Someone please tell me the beginnings of his disdain for the Dallas Mavericks.
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:What is this guy's problem?

Because the MAvs might mail it in. The mavs might play down to the short-handed Lakers squad. Also... it puts more pressure on the MAvs because they are expected to win easily. Also... Jackson is very good at taking advantage of this type of situation.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mikeinrowlett
Chuck Barkley calling his bookie to bet against the Mavs tonight. I hope they can shut him up. Guy drives me nuts. Someone please tell me the beginnings of his disdain for the Dallas Mavericks.
He's fat.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What is this guy's problem?

This is just his way to say he won't give Dallas any credit when we win but he'll write us off as a fluke if we lose. Basically by saying that, it is a win/win situation for him.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:34 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The dude says anything that is controversial. Hes nothing more then a shock jock.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #6
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Exactly plus, it isn't very interesting tv if everyone comes out and says the Mavs coast tonight. Somebody always has to be the voice of dissention.

I doubt Barkley really believes what he is saying.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, he just predicted a Dallas loss. Magic Johnson predicted a Dallas win. If you still think Chuck doesn't have some sort of beef for Dallas, you have to be retarded.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #8
LoveMyMavs14

LoveMyMavs14 is on a distinguished road

There's probably a box of donuts or something just out of the camera's view distracting him, so don't take anything he says seriously.
LoveMyMavs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:50 PM   #9
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
Exactly plus, it isn't very interesting tv if everyone comes out and says the Mavs coast tonight. Somebody always has to be the voice of dissention.

I doubt Barkley really believes what he is saying.
It's fine if he wants to be controversial or different, but why specifically only against us? It does make me laugh though, I must admit.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #10
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

It has happen a million other times. Somebody has to be the heel, and it is usually Barkley

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:06 AM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Well, looks like he'll be cracking jokes on the postgame show, because he's not gonna be talking about the game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 12:24 AM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

He should kiss Cuban's ass.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:38 AM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I would have loved being Barkley's bookie tonight. I always love taking money from a chump.