Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-26-2004, 10:10 PM   #41
Peja_owns

Peja_owns is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Inside the Numbers: Western Conference Big Five

Bottom line......I think that none of the top 5 west teams are pretenders. They can all at anytime beat anyone of the other teams.

Lakers: Almost unstoppable when all 4 are playing. They have the most dominant center in the league, maybe ever. Then theres Kobe. Did I mention role players like malone and payton?

T-wolves: KG, Spree, Cassel, the new BIG 3. They score more and defend better

Kings: Streaky team, Many people say the kings are better without webber but they aren't. Its starting to show on the current road trip. When hot, almost unstoppable even if the opponent is shooting over 50%

Spurs: Boring basketball wins championships, err I mean defense. This team still has it in them.

Mavs: Many weapons. When they have the 3 forwards playing (Dirk, Walker, Jamison), they are hard to stop. I notice Jamison getting a lot of easy offensive rebounds and layups all the time.

Peja_owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #42
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

If the Lakers are healthy at playoff time, they will win it all no matter what they're seeded. Their big four all play their natural positions (no tweeners), and they are all HALL OF FAMERS who were beating up on everyone else right out of the gate. Injuries are the only hope for everyone else this year with this bunch. They may not be able to do it next year, but this year they are still the best team.

San Antonio can still crank it up defensively when necessary; they're number 2.

Minnesota, Sacramento, Dallas -- these 3 are about even par; injuries, seeding, who's hot at the right time -- all these things could take any of these three to the finals. BUT, they will need help from other teams.

You know, if the Mavs really had 3 SERVICEABLE centers (Bradley being one), and a reliable back up point guard (Best COULD be that player if he could figure out what Walker seems to be figuring out), and if the Big 3 can remain injury free, we could win it all. I just don't think that this is the year; I hope I'm wrong.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:15 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Inside the Numbers: Western Conference Big Five

I could care less about the old lakers. Let's lace 'em up and go at it. The lakers can go soak their old heads.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:08 AM   #44
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Now there is one thing that I will agree about players as they age - they slow down. The Mavs have a legimate shot of beating the Lakers in the playoffs because we run at a pace that the Lakers can't keep up with.

Of course Slow-time would be the favorites to win it all but the Mavs have a decent shot.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote