Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2002, 07:05 AM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I take Dirk over Walker or Pierce. Of course that's after Dirk goes for thirty something and 23 rebounds and eight(?) assists. I think I'll go with that. Numbers such as that haven't been put up since the Great Shawn Bradley had a 20-20 some time back.

I hope that game puts to rest the Walker-is-better-than-Dirk discorse from earlier in the week. That was a rediculous thought even without this big game from Dirk.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2002, 09:19 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I was suprised at the Walker is better than Dirk argument as well. Walker is one of the only two threats in Boston while Dirk shares the ball an incredible amount. Walker also gets to pad his stats against the East. If Boston was in the West, they would be hovering around .500 and Walkers stats would be less.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 09:49 AM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I don't even know why people bothered to respond to that post. Maybe I might be bias but to say Pierce of Walker is better than Dirk is crazy in my mind.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:53 AM   #4
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Anybody know the Mavs record for rebounds in a game?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

We wanted to see if there was a basketball opinion hiding there or just pure ignorance. Turns out to have been ignorance but we had to find out.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 09:58 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, who was it that made that comment?

oh yeah. Joe Joe.

man, it's like he's the sitcom kid brother that always make mistakes.

"oh, joe joe. shame on you"
Old 02-22-2002, 11:48 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, it's not the only time he's said something similar

how about in the "van exel" thread where he said that lafrentz would average more points than dirk if he had the same amount of shots.

he was proven even more wrong in that thread.
he's simply here to get under our skin..nothing more
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:30 PM   #8
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Murphy3, once again man I said if he was to take as many shots as Dirk he could avg around the same. Dirk has taken over 480 more shots, not including last night. You do the math, it's obvious he could get right up there with him. I proved you wrong on the 3pt avg. and now this, just give it up man. Please !!!
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:04 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

you said lafrentz would average over 25 a game..well, it wouldn't even be that close.

you lost the debate so stop trying to reverse the whip.
everyone knows that you were proven wrong ..
end of story.
you have absolutely no basis or facts for 90% of what you say..
i guess it's time to start ignoring your posts again....until you come in with a new name...RCF-LAC-JoeJoe..
do you not get it?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:09 PM   #10
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

No I do not get it, and I am damn tired of you comparing me to someone else. Will you quit the crap, or move to another forum please. You have nothing to add to this board but a cocky attitude that gets no where with me. You are nothing but a guy who always wanted to play ball but lacked the size, and sources. You "think" you know about the game but I have seen nothing out of you that would make me believe you do. Ignore my posts, I have asked you to do that before. You know nothing about basketball, you are proven wrong and you still continue to stick to it even though you are wrong. What a guy you are, just admit you were wrong and move on. Thank You
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:51 PM   #11
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

This is not a reason to bash on Walker. Walker is a heck of a player and quite an anomaly as a player. Trust me, if Nellie wasn't coaching the Mavs he'd be drooling over the Celtics. Pierce would already fit great into the Nellie system and even though Walker isn't what Dirk is, 6'9 team leading rebounder who can shoot outside like a 2 would make Nellie's mouth water.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote