Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-13-2004, 04:52 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default World Press Photo of the Year

Below was voted by the World Press as the Photo of the Year.

The caption read:

Quote:
World Press Photo of the year 2003 by French photographer Jean-Marc Bouju of the Associated Press shows a detained Iraqi man comforting his 4-year-old-son at a regroupment center for POW's near Najaf, Iraq (news - web sites). Picture was taken on 31 March, 2003. Jean-Marc Bouju/Associated Press REUTERS/Jean-Marc Bouju
I remember this photo when it was first published. It got to me then, as it still does. I don't know the circumstances behind this picture. But I know one thing. That kid is going to grow up to hate america.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:World Press Photo of the Year

Quote:
That kid is going to grow up to hate america.
He will not be alone. Not even close.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That kid is going to grow up to hate america.
Or maybe....when his father tells him of the atrocities faced by the Iraqi people and he explains to his son that the US was doing what was needed to protect its' soldiers and then teaches him that the US is the reason he can live without fear now of his father being taken from his sleep, tortured, and murdered or living in fear that his mother or sister would be falsely arrested, raped at will by hundreds of Saddams soldiers, etc that the kid will have a new perspective on the US. One not perpetuated by a one time detaining and /or arrest of his father, but rather one of experience shared from his countries history.

Let's not assume the worst automatically. There are hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's who are damn glad we are there.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 05:30 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

This guy is surrounded by barbed wire and has a bag over his head. I don't think he was chanting "USA! USA!"
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: World Press Photo of the Year

When I first watched that pic on the newspaper this morning before reading the headline, I thought it was Arizona.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:14 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

He might hate America, but with all that barbed wire he might feel at home in Texas.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote