Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-01-2002, 12:51 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link

Los Angeles Times
CLIPPER REPORT
Coach Longs for a Healthy Stretch Run
By Elliott Teaford
February 28 2002

If all goes as planned, the Clippers will do better than merely tread water in the next few weeks and all their injured players will return at top form, leading a playoff push in the final days of the season.

"That's my hallucination," Coach Alvin Gentry said. "That's what I would like to happen, anyway."

Center Michael Olowokandi on Wednesday had an MRI exam on his sprained left knee and backup point guard Keyon Dooling had one on his injured left ankle. The results will be made available today, after the team's medical staff has reviewed both.

What's more, the team announced small forward Corey Maggette will soon undergo arthroscopic surgery on his sore left knee, which has been troubling him for several months.

The Clippers thought it best for Maggette to take care of the knee trouble while he is sidelined because of dislocated bones in his right hand. His knee is expected to be sound before his hand.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2002, 01:05 AM   #2
MikeFin4

MikeFin4 is on a distinguished road

I definitely don't expect them to just lay down like you all expect them to.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:44 AM   #3
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I see the Clips making a big push for the playoffs. They have beat the Mavs the last two times. They are a group of young guys with a lot to prove, I wouldn't like the Mavs facing them in the first round, but I concede their lack of experience will catch them at some time.

The thing about these young teams, their best players might go down, but sure as hell there is another guy waiting to prove himself.

I guess they're going to leave their run late, but I hope they make it.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 09:07 AM   #4
MikeFin4

MikeFin4 is on a distinguished road

OzMavs, since these are young guys everyone expects them to just lie down and let teams beat them. I do not see this team doing that, no way no how. I don't know what makes people think this way, they have played some great games this year. They have also played some bad games, but I still do not expect them to just lay down to teams. They get up for big games, and if they do make the playoffs I see them making some noise.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:08 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to see them make the playoffs but history has shown that teams that make the playoffs after a long gap and have the 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds do not win in the playoffs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:46 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I see them making a push, but realistically, I don't see them passing up Seattle for the final spot.

Seattle is playing some good ball right now and unless they lose Payton or something, Clippers will just miss it.

A little off topic, what's happened to the Suns?
Old 03-01-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

In a word....No.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 02:51 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i see them making a push..too bad they'll be pushing the wrong way... supposed to move up in the standings, not down..that's what i see for the clipps
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 08:58 PM   #9
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< I see them making a push, but realistically, I don't see them passing up Seattle for the final spot.

Seattle is playing some good ball right now and unless they lose Payton or something, Clippers will just miss it.

A little off topic, what's happened to the Suns?
>>

I thought the Suns had quit when they made that trade but they are right there pushing along with the Clippers for that #1 runner-up to the playoffs spot(translation, 9th place). Close but no cigar.
David is offline   Reply With Quote