Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2004, 08:13 AM   #1
Richard

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default Springs in the air, time to call Fin out.

From the FWST:
The Mavs are 5-6 and have allowed an average of 104.8 points per game since March 3, with seven opponents shooting at least 50 percent:

In the DMN Nellie says don't blame it all on Walker, Fin and dirk are playing bad too.

Sounds to me like Nellie is about to have to do his annual "Fin quit coasting and start playing" speech. Which will lead me to post my annual "can this team win with a team 'leader' who has to be called out by the head coach for his own effort on a regular basis post.

Regular as the seasons, isn't it?

I said at the first of the year this team looked unbalanced. But, we are not meeting expectations not becuase of that, IMHO, but because this team lacks a leader who demands high performance on a consistent basis.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Springs in the air, time to call Fin out.

And this team also lacks a coach who is willing to give defensive players any significant amount of P.T. on the court together becuase all he cares about is scoring. This team lacks so many things because it has a ridiculously stupid coach.

But in terms of having a team leader, I don't really think that would be such a good idea. Dallas has it's fair share of all-stars and all-star calibur players on it... putting the responsibility of the team in the hands of one player probably would not end up benefiting the team at all. They all need to be team leaders, but more importantly, they need to act like leaders on the court rather than off the court, and play like there's something at stake.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
CenS

CenS is on a distinguished road

If the mavericks keep playing the way they are playing. the only thing that will be at stake besides a first round exit will be an early retirement for Nelson. I hope that the players aren' playing to get the coach put out on the street, but that is what NJ did, and it seemed to work for them. Maybe Cuban will wake up and realize that this season was not the players fault, but the inability of the coach to get the most out of his players. Hell, Nelson can't get the most offense out of their players in the past 10 games.

IMO 1st round exit = new coach
Old 03-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #4
CenS

CenS is on a distinguished road

as for finley, He has tried to be the leader, calling out players meetings and player only practices, but that is not helping. We need a player to come out to the media and get on each others ass. Steve talking about if we play just a little D we should be able to win games crap is not "angry" enough to get a defense fired up.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:30 PM   #5
Richard

Richard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: CenS
as for finley, He has tried to be the leader, calling out players meetings and player only practices, but that is not helping. We need a player to come out to the media and get on each others ass. Steve talking about if we play just a little D we should be able to win games crap is not "angry" enough to get a defense fired up.
I agree. What this team seems to need the most is a player who is an old fashioned tailkicker.

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:35 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. What this team seems to need the most is a player who is an old fashioned tailkicker.
Just heard Nellie on the radio and he agree's also.