Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-03-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

My evaluation of the three games is that we are much better than what we used to be before the trade. No matter what Hardaway or Howard brought, they are not at the same level of our main contributers Raef and Nick. But I was very dissapointed that we lost to the Heat yesterday. I wanted to wait after three games to say anything about the trade. I know it may be a little quick to pass judgement, but these three games give you an idea of how we are now. We played three totally different teams, Sac, a team very similar to us and we beat them, Memphis, beat them and didn't have a lasp like the Lakers like to do against the bad teams in the league. And now finally, Miami, lost to them. I wasn't able to see the Memphis or Miami game because i don't live much of the year in Dallas, but our flow looks very good, Reaf gives you another Dirk and Nick gives you another Nash. I would like to see them all starting together, but I guess Nellie doesn't want to push anything yet. I am going to expect us to win more and to be better in every aspect. I really don't know what went wrong last night because I didn't get to see it, but it must not have been all of Miami's defense. I believe that was the first game we gave up more than 100 points since the trade. So I see us doing great this season. Just had to give my thoughts since the trade.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2002, 06:56 PM   #2
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

agreed. Nick the quick is better than hardaway, and Raef is far supperior to Howard, plus he can play the center position The only thing we really gave up was D.Harvey(which we might regret) and salary cap space(and unless we were gonna sign kidd or Duncan) we made out like bandits. Thanx Kiki for doing the mavs one last favor.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:18 PM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I am still excited about the trade. The flow we had in the second half of the Sac game has not reappeared in the last two games. I suspect it will. As far as last night the Mavs just got whooped. It happens.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 04:40 PM   #4
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

It's not just the new guys that are making the team better. We have the old Fin-Dawg back. And we don't have Hardaway taking threes from the parking lot or Howard's frozen rope hook-shots.