Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-04-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

We can basically call someone a Racist?? what the hell is the difference. Actually, Id rather be called a fucking asshole, or a bitch than someone calling me a racist. I was not brought up that way, and I basically think its bullshit.

But if you read all the posts on the thread comparing Garnett to Dirk to Duncan, Murphy is basically calling me one.

So, if someone dont get a fucking warning, I going to start letting it fly....
Old 03-04-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Watch your fucking language, you racist bastard.

I am sooooooooooooooo kidding.

What on earth did you edit in this message?

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 06:21 PM   #3
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

LOL- just the spelling..but im still serious
Old 03-04-2002, 06:39 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

are you a racist? maybe not..i don't really care. however, based upon what you've stated since you've posted at this board, you do appear to have a belief that unless you can't jump high or unless you have highlight reel slams..you're not very athletic.

now...you can take that as someone saying...because someone is of a certain race or ethnicity, they aren't as intelligent or they are more likely to end up in jail..

well, is it racist?..where is the line drawn?
i'm simply pointing out to you that white players can be athletic..and just because they do not have highlight slam after slam..that doesn't mean they aren't athletic
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 06:52 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Listen Murph, I know Reeds and let me say this for the record.. He IS NOT racist NOR does he think being athletic simply means you can jump high or slam or whatever it was you were saying. Actually off of this board we've had discussions about who we think are athlete's and so forth and IN the conversation HE HAS SAID he thinks golfers can be considered athlete's, he considers tennis players athletic. I don't know this but I'd be willing to bet ALOT of them wouldn't be able to play basketball on the NBA level, so I KNOW he doesn't associate athletes with what you're saying he does.

Now if something was said between you two I don't know about then I'm out of line. However if the only thing that was said was on this board, I find it VERY offensive that you would insinuate ANYTHING along those lines simply because HE doesn't think DIRK is athletic! It has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dirk is white either. He's said before he think KG is MORE athletic than Duncan, so does that make him racist against Islanders? NO! Now we're all adults on this board so it would be NICE if we can talk as adults and NOT label people simply because their OPINIONS DIFFERS from that of our own!
Old 03-04-2002, 06:57 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

great, glad you had a convo off of the board..
until the conversation he had off the board reflects what he says on the board, his reputation will stick.

but i'm tired of arguing about it. the view of him will stick until it is changed by his words..but i'm not really going to discuss it anymore
Old 03-04-2002, 08:09 PM   #7
reeds
Golden Member

SUSPEND ME THEN- your a DUMBASS. And please dont tell me that I am immature, because you are the only immature one on this board. And to think you wanted RCF kicked off- at least he wasnt a racist KKK member like you are.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:30 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

(oops this was too be private)
Old 03-04-2002, 10:57 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

like i said, i won't speak on this anymore

i've said my peace.
thank you
Old 03-04-2002, 11:10 PM   #10
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

I am in agreement with you here reeds, the Murphy was a big part of RCF being banned. Murphy constantly ragged on the guy for simply saying some of the same things you were. Someone needs to get a grip on Murphy3, the guy is way out of line on alot of posts.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:14 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Guys..I honestly don't care if people cuss or talk shit - just stay away from the personal attacks. That's all. If you're going to call someone a racist (I haven't been reading the threads but I assume that's what happened), then I hope you're going to back yourself up with facts (about the person's pov; why you think he's a racist, etc.) rather than just calling someone a racist just for the hell of it or because he likes black players only. This forum is for debating, not for personal insults and mudslinging. Debates can get heated, and that's ok, but let's try and keep it at that ok (the debates, not the personal attacks and feuds)?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:18 PM   #12
Joe Joe
Banned

Well why am I coming off of a suspension DJ? Man, come on? I just merely defended myself from a personal insult, yet I was suspended. A warning maybe, but suspended was wrong. Especially if he's able to go through the board like this!
Old 03-04-2002, 11:24 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Dude you WERE warned. And then when you kept on with the insults, you were suspended a week. Personal attacks won't be tolerated..period. I'm not here most of the time but I trust that the other mods will make the right decisions when it comes to dealing with problems between members.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:34 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

dj, it's cool..we had a debate..had it out..it's finished as far as i'm concerned.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:02 AM   #15
Joe Joe
Banned

Yea I was warned but that was about it, didn't see anyone else that was. No need to warn them in PMs, let it be known by everyone what type of stuff you wont accept. I personally think 1 of your Mods have it in for me for some odd reason. I did the same thing as Murphy has from the day he was here, judging from what has been said on this board. Hey it's cool though, all I can do is worry about myself. I can see how some have different rules and what not!
Old 03-05-2002, 12:55 AM   #16
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I wish some people would take the hint and just go away...
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 09:24 AM   #17
Joe Joe
Banned

Never that MFFL, go and bother someone else I dont have time for the BS.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:25 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

there's a difference between heated sports debates and between a guy that is here for one reason..to screw everything up.

i love you joe joe, but it would be nice if you'd make sports your focus.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:41 AM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Lets Just talk Mavs basketball guys. Leave all this "racist" and other junk for another board. Please? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:09 PM   #20
Joe Joe
Banned

That's fine with me, only 1 guy was doing it. His name will remain nameless, but we all know who it was! You got my word Rob, let's talk Mavs.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:10 PM   #21
reeds
Golden Member

Yep- this slow, cant jump over the curb white guy from wisconsin is done fighting.LOL. I will only talk Buckets from now on..I hope.

Although I was fast for a white guy in my day... OK- kidding..no more..
Old 03-05-2002, 07:00 PM   #22
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Joe Joe,

I only have one thing to say to you. I do not have it in for you, no one does. You know why you were banned. Keep it clean and everything will be fine. If I have the same problems with other people on this board, they will be banned for a week also. Everyone will get at least one warning prior to being banned. If you have a problem with me then I am sorry but play by the rules and all will be fine.

Dallmav
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 07:02 PM   #23
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

repeat
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:28 AM   #24
Joe Joe
Banned

Me problem? No, no problem with me!