Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-08-2004, 12:56 PM   #41
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:Ratliff and Terry to Dallas

Quote:
in your opinion, what would be the most realistic person/people we can get for Walker, that will work for the Mavs, and the other team ?
I'm of the opinion that we may get far less for Walker than we think. That's just my hunch. Nothing more.

I tend to agree with KG's post about Chandler...though Chi may want to keep AD and dump JYD instead. AD has been more valuable and they both have bad contracts.

After listening to the "Mav summit" with Stein on ESPN radio...I'd also look for Adonal Foyle and NVE from GS.

And the Charlotte thing for Jamison looks to have some foundation.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:17 PM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I feel like if the Mavs will eat the last two years of Antonio Davis' contract, they can get Tyson Chandler from the Bulls.

Chandler's ability to rebound, block shots, run the floor, and provide bonus scoring seems like it would fit perfectly in Dallas. I'll admit that his health is a concern, but health is a concern with a lot of big guys, and I view him as potentially a younger, better Marcus Camby.

You roll the dice on that, I think, especially with his age.
FYI: I tend to agree. I will admit that my first choice of trying is Rasheed Wallace, but after that, I think this is the best "trade value".

So, if Chicago wants to do this instead:

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.1 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 34.9 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 15.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Eddie Robinson (6.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 20.1 minutes)
PF Jerome Williams (6.3 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.3 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (6.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, +6.5 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (6.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 20.1 minutes)
PF Jerome Williams (6.3 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.3 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (6.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.4 minutes)
Chicago receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.1 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 77 games)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 32 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.0 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Do you take the contracts of Robinson and Williams, just to get Chandler?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #43
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Quote:
in your opinion, what would be the most realistic person/people we can get for Walker, that will work for the Mavs, and the other team ?
<clip for space>

After listening to the "Mav summit" with Stein on ESPN radio...I'd also look for Adonal Foyle and NVE from GS.

And the Charlotte thing for Jamison looks to have some foundation.
Are you talking about a sign and trade with Foyle, and something like this?

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.1 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 34.9 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 15.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Nick Van Exel (12.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.2 minutes)
C Adonal Foyle (2.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 11.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -5.1 ppg, -4.5 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Golden State trades: PG Nick Van Exel (12.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.2 minutes)
C Adonal Foyle (2.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 11.2 minutes)
Golden State receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.1 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 77 games)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 32 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.1 ppg, +4.5 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

It works, if Foyle would agree to accept about the same amount.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 04-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #44
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

I'd rather it be AD, Chandler, and JYD for Walker, Delk and Fortson.

Would Chicago do this?
Fortson's contract is less and shorter term than JYD plus Fortson is a RB machine and the one really glaring weakness in Eddy Curry's game is his rebounding. Delk's deal isn't that bad and is only for 2 years. Walker's deal is over after next season and if they like him he might give them a little hometown discount to stay.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Ratliff and Terry to Dallas

The last year of JYD's contract is a team option, so he and Fortson are effectively under contract for the same duration. But if Chicago would do that trade, I would.

Edit: And excluding that team option on JYD's final year, Fortson's contract is actually worth 1 million more, so Chicago really wouldn't stand to save any money trading JYD for Fortson.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #46
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

On the Walker/Delk for Chandler/Robinson/JYD scenario:

Here's the roster after that trade and before any other moves are made:

Chandler - Bradley - Fortson
Nowitzki - Williams - Najera
Howard - Jamison - Robinson
Finley - Daniels
Nash

Yeah, I guess I'd do it, but not as enthusiastically as the other deal. Once upon a time, Robinson was a tough perimeter defender. Then again, we've already got a tough perimeter defender sitting on our permanent IR. Do we need another? Also, JYD is Najera with better rebounding and less fan appeal. Don't know that he's really of much use.

On the Foyle/NVE for Walker/Delk scenario:

Let's just talk about the roster and what it would look like first:

Bradley - Foyle - Fortson
Nowitzki - Najera
Howard - Jamison
Finley - Daniels
Nash - NVE

I guess you could divide up minutes something like this:

Bradley/Foyle 40 - Nowitzki 8
Nowitzki 30 - Jamison 18
Howard 30 - Jamison 10 - Finley 8
Finley 28 - Daniels 20
Nash 30 - Van Exel 18

But you know Nellie would never give Bradley and Foyle that many minutes, and we'd end up seeing a Nash/NVE/Finley/Jamison/Dirk lineup down the stretch of most games.

No thanks.

I like Foyle, but he's not appreciably better than Bradley, and I don't think Nellie would use him.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:10 PM   #47
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I like Foyle, but he's not appreciably better than Bradley, and I don't think Nellie would use him.
agreed. I don't think Nellie plays him much either, except when we are playing a Big 5 like Shaq. He isn't better than TAG, so I think you have to find out if you can sign TAG for the MLE before you think about this deal.

If you do this deal, though you have your banging 5, and your backup PG (I think NVE would be surprisingly more healthy back in Dallas). You have your MLE, and Fortson (no longer needed because you have your banging 5).

What could you get with the MLE, and Fortson - that could run the floor, and block shots, provide "garbage" type buckets?