Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-06-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It's in the Mavs section because it would be SOO cool to get him in a Mavs uniform.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link

CHINESE TELL LAYDEN THAT MING WILL PLAY
New York Post
By MARC BERMAN

March 6, 2002 -- Knicks GM Scott Layden was told during his trip by Chinese basketball officials that 7-6 center Yao Ming will definitely play in the NBA next season - erasing an uncertainty that had scared off some league GMs.
Layden scouted one of Ming's games, watched him practice and spoke with team officials last weekend.

"I had a very good trip to China," Layden said. "Ming is a very talented guy with a lot of potential. It was a very positive scouting trip. He has a lot of potential in the little chance I got to see him. He's got a lot of skills, a lot of talent. I was impressed."

Duke point guard Jason Williams and Ming are expected to go 1-2 in the draft. If the Knicks finish the season where they are - with the seventh-worst record - they have just a two percent chance of winning the lottery. The NBA announced yesterday the draft will be held June 26 at the Garden's Theatre, with Ming in attendance.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2002, 11:08 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Mavs, but don't hold your breath. I just can't thin k of any way to get him. There is no way we can get our hands on #1 or #2. Maybe if the other teams shy away from him for reasons unknown. Who knows. I've seen him play international ball. The guy has game.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:11 PM   #3
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Why do you do this MFFL? You know it will get moved, it's in this section because "it would be so cool....". Give me a break, the kid is probably going #1. Since when was the Mavs so bad that they will be in the lottery?
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:11 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

There are going to be quite a few teams who won't want the hassle that the Mavs put up with Wang. And the Chinese government might tell certain teams to not bother drafting him. It's a reach but I have hopes. I wanted Battier out of the last draft but the Mavs decided not play the draft game last year.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

You know it will get moved, it's in this section because "it would be so cool....

You know, you are not a moderator, so you really don't have any idea if that is true or not. Why do you insist on being argumentative and not focus on the Mavs, the NBA, etc? Your posts only inspire ill will.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:29 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

If the thread gets moved so be it. It doesn't bother me so I don't understand why it gets Joe Joe's panties in a wad. Of course I don't understand why he won't just GO AWAY either - I've even found him a new home (PS click on "here" in my signature).
Old 03-06-2002, 11:37 PM   #7
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Ming has got game, not just size. He will get ALOT of PT on whatever scrub team that gets him.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:41 PM   #8
Joe Joe
Banned

No I am not a mod, but it has happened since I been here. Hey MFFL, I take that as a personal insult. Do not tell me to go away, because your thread will get moved!
Old 03-06-2002, 11:46 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

<< Hey MFFL, I take that as a personal insult. >>

Whatever.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:37 AM   #10
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Mavs have as much chance of landing Yao Ming as they do of landing Kobe Bryant.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 02:12 AM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< Since when was the Mavs so bad that they will be in the lottery? >>

Two years ago.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:56 AM   #12
Joe Joe
Banned

My point exactly Rhylan!
Old 03-07-2002, 06:12 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Mavs have as much chance of landing Yao Ming as they do of landing Kobe Bryant.

True.

Joe Joe- you have no points...ever.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:13 PM   #14
Joe Joe
Banned

LOL OK Dr Bi-o