Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default who do you fancy? Rate your favorite Ticket show

for me, it comes down to the fact that Grodo is a local comedy genius....I love the morning boys!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:who do you fancy? Rate your favorite Ticket show

Love that BAD Radio.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Its not even close....BaD Radio

Least favorite Ticket show....its not even close.....Dale Hansen

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Who's Grodo?

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #5
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE: who do you fancy? Rate your favorite Ticket show

I believe they meant Gordon aka gordo.

As far as sports, BaD radio, absolutely. That's from a basketball perspective, the afternoon bunch know only baseball, their comments on basketball are uninformed/borderline dumb. They are frustrating to listen to when they talk ball. I'd rather listen to Galloway.

The am guys are entertainment with little real sports. I like them at times..
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #6
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Bad Radio definitely. Followed by Norm.

But, honestly, I had to go to ESPN radio because of the hardline...and it's not that I like Galloway at all...but the hardline just sucks now. it's 1% sports and 99% shtick...

Rhylan got me into the Hardline 12 step program and I thank him for that.

God save me from Captain DooDoo.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The morning show on ESPN is pretty solid IMO.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I have not heard ticket in 5 months. Last time I used to listen I liked the Norm.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:08 PM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I know others won't agree with me, but the ticket has gone way downhill in the last 2 years...I hardly listen anymore except some Bad and some Norm...except for those two...it's not really even sports radio anymore.

I've stumbled acroos Mark Elfinbien (sp) a couple of times in the mornings...Sundays mostly...and, honestly, he's the worst piece of crap I've ever heard. About 100 people on this board could do so much better.

Old 04-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Hardline..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
I know others won't agree with me, but the ticket has gone way downhill in the last 2 years...I hardly listen anymore except some Bad and some Norm...except for those two...it's not really even sports radio anymore.

I've stumbled acroos Mark Elfinbien (sp) a couple of times in the mornings...Sundays mostly...and, honestly, he's the worst piece of crap I've ever heard. About 100 people on this board could do so much better.
I wonder when it was, exactly, that the Ticket jumped the shark?

The Hardline for me is like a train wreck. It can be gruesome, but it's somehow strangely riveting. Corby does some genius bits at times, but all too rarely anymore. I completely agree with the Mavdog that when the Hardline talks basketball they are borderline dumb. The guys just simply aren't too informed about too many sports at all.

Gordo is pure, unmitigated genius. He makes up for the annoyance that is Craig Miller and makes the morning show listenable.

Norm is an institution.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:47 PM   #12
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Chumdawg
Quote:
Norm is an institution.
What's that mean to you??
Old 04-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Gordo is the straw that stirs the drink at the ticket so I have to go the the Musers. The Hardline has slipped since Cat left as producer.

Norm is an instituion, he's actually the reason I started listening to talk radio in the 1st place.

Oh Yea, line 4 guy's wit is quicker than any ticket host save for Gordo.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #14
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Hardline Proper is still greatness. Mike has a subtle style that is unparalleled in radioland.

I don't listen to the ticket to hear about sports. If I did, I would be frustrated at all times other than Norm and BaD radio.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass

Elf is annoying is he not? If you listen to him again (his regular bit is Sunday mornings from 9-12... or 9-11), count how many times he says "of course". I didn't start noticing it until he did the Charity Challenge pre-game show. And now it annoys me so bad I can't listen to it anymore. Well, until I scoot over to 103.3 and they are talking Penn State Track & Field, then I turn it back.

My favorite show is not listed in your lineup sike, The Bohemian Rant is AWESOME... although I will admit it seems it has lost some of it's charm.

But during the week, I listen to them all. I probably give a nod to the Musers because the great Gordo is always unpredictable.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:11 AM   #16
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I never listen to Bob and Dan on 1310 the Ticket.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:25 AM   #17
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Hey Now!

BaD Radio
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:46 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dirno2000 - Oh Yea, line 4 guy's wit is quicker than any ticket host save for Gordo.
does anyone happen to know who that guy is??? He is freakin genius comedy!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #19
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Ticket Sports Saturday

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #20
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I've always been a Musers fan, but lately when it comes to actual sports talk I like the Sturminator and unfortunately Dan has to be a part of that too.

So, I voted BaD radio.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
Chumdawg
Quote:
Norm is an institution.
Smiles...to me it means that Norm is very well established in terms of his preparation, thinking skills, and communication skills. When it comes to sports talk radio hosts, to me he is the very pinnacle of the profession. So I guess by that I mean to say that to me, "Norm" is a concept even bigger than the man.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

George Dejohn - The Train Station

I didn't know BAD Raido was so popular
Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #23
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
George Dejohn - The Train Station

It's mainly Bob Sturm.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:17 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
dirno2000
cant believe that BAD is beating the musers.....seem odd to me.....I'm not saying BAD is bad*pun intended*, just that its hard to compare to the greatness of those who muse so gently in the mornings....

Old 04-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #25
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I definitely liked the Musers and Hardline better than Bad Radio. As far as a first choice... depends on when you ask me.

I actually listened to The Ticket again last night. How did I get away from them? The "IRS Radio" thing was pretty funny.

For those of you who have been listening consistently: what do they mean when they joke about "Rodentia"? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
Chumdawg
Quote:
Norm is an institution.
Smiles...to me it means that Norm is very well established in terms of his preparation, thinking skills, and communication skills. When it comes to sports talk radio hosts, to me he is the very pinnacle of the profession. So I guess by that I mean to say that to me, "Norm" is a concept even bigger than the man.
I'm glad you didn't mean he needed to be "IN" an institution! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just checking. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #26
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Love BaD Radio. Never up early enough for the Musers. Have to be in a certain mood to take Norm. I was under the impression BaD Radio has the lowest ratings of all the Ticket shows, partly b/c of their time slot. But Sturm is greatness.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #27
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The popularity of BAD radio on this board is probably due to the fact that they are the only ones that have any kind of a clue about basketball on the Ticket. The Ticket has always been a Mav bashing/ignoring station IMO.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote