Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supersitions for the Playoffs?

I haven't washed my bright blue Mavs shirt since the Orlando game. Obviously I don't wear it out in public, but I'll still throw it on during game time (if i'm at home) and I'll still wear it to bed every once in a while. Admittedly, it's starting to get a little stanky, but there's no way I'm washing it until after the Mavs wrap up the playoffs. Its the only Mavs shirt I have that I didn't buy from the AAC, but I believe it has some mojo.

I've also been watching every Mavs game wrapped up in my Mavs blanket - even if its not particularly cold.

So what are YOU going to do to help out in the Post Season? It's time to step up!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Superstitions for the Playoffs?

As I did last year, I watch the playoffs while exercising (mainly because I don't have cable so it's the only place I can watch the game). When I first started doing that last year I got strange stares from people when I would be on the eliptical machine going nuts because of a clutch 3, or a dunk... but after a year, the other members (and employees) have gotten used to it.

This year I found an additional good luck charm, I bought a pair of Mavs blue BBall shorts to work out in. We usually win when I wear them during my workout on gamedays.

Kinda funny, now when I go to workout in those shorts I will get an occasional "game night?" question from one of the employees.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I dont ever brush my teeth......

.....and now for my playoff Superstitions: never listen to your wife, dont be kind when you team is losing (or winning for that matter), slap people constantly, walk around with a boombox playing "we are the champions" and sing along far too loudly, try to pick up a bad habit......(but dont do crack...trust me, I had a bad time with it last playoffs....and blame the crack for dirks playoff ending injury), and whatever you do.....scream whenever you feel caged or pressured!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:49 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Superstitions for the Playoffs?

That is beautiful, man. Beautiful.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I will try to attend a playoff game.

The Mavs win every game I attend.

I also light a candle and pray to Saint Eduardo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
try to pick up a bad habit......(but dont do crack...trust me, I had a bad time with it last playoffs....and blame the crack for dirks playoff ending injury)
Try smoking. Quitting isn't nearly as hard as some people say. In fact, I've quit dozens of times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:57 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I will hang my Mavs shower curtain.

I will not curse wildly during the game.

I will look away when the opposing team is attempting free throws..

I will not allow any disbelief in our ability to win to be exhibited in my workplace.

I will believe.

Let it begin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

I WILL curse loudly during the game

I WILL yell and scream when the opposing players are shooting FTs

I will NOT be cocky.....cause that's bad luck (for me)

I will wear my lucky signed Steve Nash jersey to the games I go to (I am undefeated at the AAC this year)

OH and I will NOT wear my Mavs clothing on the day of any game I am NOT going to....it's bad luck

but I am really not that superstitious

Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jbrjo
I WILL curse loudly during the game

I WILL yell and scream when the opposing players are shooting FTs

I will NOT be cocky.....cause that's bad luck (for me)

I will wear my lucky signed Steve Nash jersey to the games I go to (I am undefeated at the AAC this year)

OH and I will NOT wear my Mavs clothing on the day of any game I am NOT going to....it's bad luck

but I am really not that superstitious
Sure, you're not superstitous!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Me neither!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I wish I could get away with cursing wildly during a game!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I'll give up almost anything for our Mavs. You'll have to pull double duty on that one, 'kay?

I can yell and scream during free throw attempts, but if i watch the ball... ugh, very bad luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 06:39 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I have a longsleeve Mavericks shirt from 3 years ago and I wore it for about 80% of all games until I forgot in the San Antonio series. When I got it washed I put it on during a game and about 20 minutes later (real time not game time), Dirk went down injured. I wear the shirt after the Mavs lose sometimes to show that Im still a fan and in between days, but I will never wear it on gameday, especially for the playoffs.

I will not boo good plays by the opposing team

I will not cheer missed freethrows (at games)

The Miami game we lost I threw my remote and dented one of the batteries. I will not do that again especially for Playoff games.

For morning games I will always take a shower before the game. Many times I have slept in until about noon and stayed wrapped up in blankets on my la-z-boy and the Mavs have a losing record in those games.

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:46 PM   #11
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I have some superstitions regards to who starts gameday threads. Other than that I am particular about where I sit while watching the games. If mavs are losing I change from sofa to loveseat. If they are still losing I watch the TV from the Recliner. If that doesn't work I go to the bedroom and watch the game. If that does not work I go to a sports bar the next game.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I won't show any happiness till the end of the game, even if we are winning by 30 points in the first quarter, or lasting 5 minutes.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:38 PM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I should probably avoid the number 666 until after the Mavs take it all.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:51 PM   #14
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I will be cocky, annoyingly excited, and incredibly pumped up for the games. Wins are so much more savory when you've been rubbing it in people's faces all along. If you just sit down and watch the game, emotionless, the feeling of them winning can't compare to the feeling that yields from rubbing a win in somebody else's face.

Oh yeah, and I'll wear my lucky mavs hoodie.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

It would be more luck if we weren't such superstitious.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]