Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #81
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:TROUBLE IN BIG "D" - dfw.com

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel
Edit.
Good job though...

You found ALMOST all of the "pupose crap" in the article...

Gotta knock you for not finding spicoli, but I will let it ride!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hahaha... Lucky your a mod... Normally when you edit your post after someone has quoted it, it doesnt edit the quoted part...

Nice to have those features!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #82
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Man, that's a sick joke. There's probably some truth in it though. You know Dirk is pissed that he had to hand off the winning attempt to Finley. Let's see how much the Big German will take.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:03 PM   #83
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Exactly, part of me thinks that it might just be a matter of time before Dirk does get in this actual mindset...
Old 04-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #84
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TROUBLE IN BIG "D" - dfw.com

Dont you know that EVERYONE wants that!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #85
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel
Didn´t have time to read the whole thread. Obviously you got me.

Nice one...

I wish those Dirk quotes would be true.
Thanks...

Im glad at least ONE mod has a sense of humor... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Me too about Dirk!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #86
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavericks Head Coach Don Nelson:

That was an opportunity lost for us. I thought we had them in our sights and in striking distance. But who would have thought it would be a defensive battle? Both teams played well defensively and executed their gameplans. That was so solid, we stayed in the game. I’m sure they’re saying the same thing.

The more games you lose, the more difficult it becomes. In a seven game series, it’s programmed where we go back for two. And we’re the best home-court team. But our demise is that we weren’t a great road team.

I put him in the game to play Chris Webber. He’s played Chris pretty well in the past. He’s our hustler guy and I thought he oplayed an extremely intelligent game. And I thought he did a good job keeping us in the game.

On the last play:

We got the ball where we wanted to whom we wanted it. But it just didn’t work out for us.

Some strange things have happened. Jamison came up with some hamstring injuries. So, I couldn’t play him. He was hobbling, couldn’t get him in the game. That takes away, who I think is the Sixth Man of the Year, from our lineup. Other than that, I thought Najera was playing so well, I kept him in the game. But we just didn’t put in the basket in the game enough to win.

Of course, we have to be happy with the rebounding. But we can’t just get the offensive rebound, we have to get in the basket. And we didn’t do that.

I thought this one was one of those games we certainly could have won. I don’t know if we should have. But it was there for us. We had some good shots. Just a lot of short shots. Marquis, that’s normally a shot that he makes. When you shoot 38 percent, you’re not going to win a lot of games.

We tried to play a fast-pace game. And when we had opportunities, we couldn’t score.

Mavericks Forward Dirk Nowitzki:

Mike (Finley) won a lot of games for us. He’s been the leader all these years. He’s been out since February. I thought it was a good play. We ran it before. We just couldn’t score on it.

This was definitely a heart breaker. I thought we played some good defense for the first time all year. (Owner Mark) Cuban told me before the game they were going to shoot 37 percent and we were going to win. But we shot 32 percent ourselves. I thought we had a lot of easy looks, a lot of offensive rebounds, and a lot of missed lay-ups. And it didn’t go our way in the end. It’s a heart-breaker, but we have some confidence at home. We’re the best home team. We’re down 2-0 and that’s pretty frustrating. But if we can get some momentum in Game 3, it will be a different series.

I still thought we had a lot of good looks. I had some good looks from the 3-point line. It was just one of those days when we didn’t shoot the ball well. Even though we played good defense, we just didn’t knock them down. It’s pretty tough right now.

It was a great effort, defensively, from both teams. I thought Eduardo (Najera) was huge, playing C-Webb from the inside. It was a fun game. Even though the scoring wasn’t enough, it was fun to be a part of. I just can’t believe we only scored 79 points.

We just have to go home and get the momentum back in our court. The crowd will be there to support us, just like their crowd did.

It’s tough. If you look at Antawn (Jamison), he hasn’t been hurt all year. Next thing you know, he’s hurt. I don’t know what happened. It’s tough. He’s instant offense. He’ll come off the bench and score 16-18 points. Especially when you shoot 32 percent, you can look to someone who can make easy baskets. We really could have used him.

Steve (Nash) is a big part of our game. He breaks down the defense. I thought he had a good game, but he didn’t shoot the ball as well as he would have liked.

Mavericks Forward Eduardo Najera:

We are dissapointed, but we’re going back home, and we’ve played really well at home all season.” … “It’s very difficult obviously (to guard Webber). He almost had a tripple double at halftime. He’s so talented. Even with the injury, I mean he’s still 6-10 and has a big body, and he’s really tough to guard. The best thing I can do is try to frusterate him.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:09 PM   #87
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Now there is the real stuff... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #88
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
It’s tough. If you look at Antawn (Jamison), he hasn’t been hurt all year. Next thing you know, he’s hurt. I don’t know what happened. It’s tough. He’s instant offense. He’ll come off the bench and score 16-18 points. Especially when you shoot 32 percent, you can look to someone who can make easy baskets. We really could have used him.
On a side note, I sure hope he gets past this quickly for the sake of game 3!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #89
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:48 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:27 PM   #90
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

14 and counting!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:30 PM   #91
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Damn you Male22Dan! I think its safe to say that I was the first to know something was fishy.

Crap..I was siked in thinking that Dirk said these quotes.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:31 PM   #92
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Damn you Male22Dan! I think its safe to say that I was the first to know something was fishy.

100% Correct...

You definately almost blew my cover early on there...

I dont think there is a person on this board that doesnt want Dirk's false quotes to be a reality!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:32 PM   #93
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien

By the way...

4 more posts and your GOLDEN!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:35 PM   #94
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Old 04-21-2004, 06:36 PM   #95
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Oh ok...

Gotcha...

Of course you COULD just say that due to your post that walks the line on both possibilities... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Just kidding! Back to 13...
Old 04-21-2004, 06:48 PM   #96
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Honestly, on a day like today, I believe Lloyd Christmas could've pulled a fast one on me.
It was dirty to pull this on a day like today. I very well could have cried, you know!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:50 PM   #97
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Im sorry smiles... I wouldnt want you to cry... You know that!!!!

Just pullin legs and taking names...

Speaking of names, that is now officially 14!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #98
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

now i will have a hard time NOT giving Dirk nasty looks. now that i have imagined him with a pair, my disappointment shall not abate.

i'm heartbroken, man.

edit: grammAr
Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #99
Smiles
Diamond Member

and yes you did deserve the bashing.

if you could've heard me! good thing everyone else left work already because i had a torrent of choice words for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 07:06 PM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't need cheering up. I've no doubt in my mind we will win this series. In fact, when I think about the level of carnage we will see on Saturday, I get a party all in my Mavs pants.

All I can think about right now is how sweet it is going to be when this series is tied 2-2 and the Kings have just suffered two humiliating losses. I imagine how tight the noose around their neck will be when they realize that if they don't win Game Five their season is done for sure (and that even if somehow they do win, it's probably done anyway).

I relish the thought of Chris Webber choking free throws, of Vlade fouling out, of Peja airballing threes, of Adelman fearing Najera. I can't wait to see just how small the Kings are going to look inside the dungeon that is the AAC.

I have one enduring image in my mind, which will last me until the weekend. It's the fourth quarter of Game Four. The Kings turn the ball over, and Nash runs up the floor. He swings it to Dirk on the wing, who stops and pops a transition three to put us ahead 15. The AAC crowd erupts. Adelman calls a timeout. It's so loud you can't even think. Scott Williams waves a towel. Nash, Fin, and Dirk embrace.

And Chris Webber is sad.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:17 PM   #101
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

n

Old 04-21-2004, 07:23 PM   #102
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
and yes you did deserve the bashing.

if you could've heard me! good thing everyone else left work already because i had a torrent of choice words for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Um, ok...

If you say so!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:28 PM   #103
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry... I don't mean to call you out M22D, but I think this "article" is made up. Jeff Spicoli? That was a character in Fast Times.... Sean Penn's character. There isn't a Jeff Spicoli that writes for the Star Telegram to my best recollection.

If you found this on dfw.com I wonder if it was a joke and we've been duped.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:30 PM   #104
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't need cheering up. I've no doubt in my mind we will win this series. In fact, when I think about the level of carnage we will see on Saturday, I get a party all in my Mavs pants.

All I can think about right now is how sweet it is going to be when this series is tied 2-2 and the Kings have just suffered two humiliating losses. I imagine how tight the noose around their neck will be when they realize that if they don't win Game Five their season is done for sure (and that even if somehow they do win, it's probably done anyway).

I relish the thought of Chris Webber choking free throws, of Vlade fouling out, of Peja airballing threes, of Adelman fearing Najera. I can't wait to see just how small the Kings are going to look inside the dungeon that is the AAC.

I have one enduring image in my mind, which will last me until the weekend. It's the fourth quarter of Game Four. The Kings turn the ball over, and Nash runs up the floor. He swings it to Dirk on the wing, who stops and pops a transition three to put us ahead 15. The AAC crowd erupts. Adelman calls a timeout. It's so loud you can't even think. Scott Williams waves a towel. Nash, Fin, and Dirk embrace.

And Chris Webber is sad.
My oh my...

Talk about music to my ears...
Old 04-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #105
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I'm sorry... I don't mean to call you out M22D, but I think this "article" is made up. Jeff Spicoli? That was a character in Fast Times.... Sean Penn's character. There isn't a Jeff Spicoli that writes for the Star Telegram to my best recollection.

No...

That would be you who is duped... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2004, 07:47 PM   #106
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ShaggyDirk
Quote:

Keep dreaming my friend. It ain't gonna happen. Its inevitable that we will lose game 3 or 4 in our house. .
Inevitable? Inevitable? As in, "can't be avoided?" Is that the inevitable you mean? Or...do you mean some other kind?

Look, pal. You can bemoan the falling sky as much as you want. You can hang your hat on a CWebb who disappeared in the second half, or on a Bibby who did exactly what he is supposed to do. But I'm not buying it. I don't think the Kings won Game Two as much as we lost it.

I've seen the Mavs team that dominates at home. I see no reason not to expect to see them again this weekend. And if either of these teams deserves a reason to get better as the series progresses, it's Dallas not Sac.

You might not be surprised by a sweep, but I would be absolutely shocked if the Mavs don't win Game Three. And if they win that, then Game Four would be for the nuts in the series, and I like our chances.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:55 PM   #107
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:01 PM   #108
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Doubting Dallas' late decision
ESPN: KINGS@MAVERICKS Sat., 7:00 PM ET

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Don Nelson, right, could be facing his last games as the Mavs' head coach.
God Bless Sacramento. God Bless Dallas. Can't think of two other teams that could make an 83-79 game so entertaining.

Yet that's the extent of the pleasantries.

This one's a rough morning for the Mavericks, who made the decision to spend Tuesday night in Sacramento and then fly home Wednesday long before suffering their narrow Game 2 defeat at Arco Arena. It's a decision that meant one more night in their Sacto hotel rooms to contemplate how much confidence they've pumped into the hobbled Kings by failing to steal one of the first two games, and how many Don Nelson questions await them back in Dallas.

The Mavs squandered a fantastic opportunity to secure a 1-1 split mainly because they shot miserably in Game 2. They shot 32 percent from the floor, somehow missed 17 of their 19 3-point attempts and lost most of all because they didn't pull away from Sacramento when the hosts, in one late stretch, missed 17 of 19 shots from all ranges.

You can be sure, though, that you haven't heard the last about Nelson's decision to run a play for an ailing Michael Finley with the Mavericks down by a bucket and less than 10 seconds to go in regulation. Finley, to this day, remains one of Dallas' deadliest catch-and-shoot threats, but asking him to dribble and penetrate against the underrated defense of Peja Stojakovic -- not his best move even when healthy -- was a curious choice at best. Even Nelson acknowledged in his postgame remarks that you could question the decision.

It makes even less sense that Dirk Nowitzki gets the ball so rarely in these situations for Dallas, especially considering his pick-and-roll prowess alongside Steve Nash. Maybe Nowitzki wouldn't have done any better than Finley, who got stripped before he could squeeze off a shot, but it's far better for Nowitzki's development (and the franchise's future) to make him win or lose it.

Now, unless the Mavericks can rally to beat the Kings four times in the next five games -- far from a good bet given Dallas' recurring inability to win close games on the road -- the talk will inevitably start to get louder about whether this is the last series Nelson will be deciding who takes Dallas' last shot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #109
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Male22Dan...You don't know me or whether or not I have a great sense of humor, ok? You thought it was funny. I didn't and posted my thoughts like everyone else here.

I said this was irresponsible because this went to other message boards and people still don't understand it was a joke. You have people out there believing those quotes from Nelson on Bradley. That fighting is going on inside the locker room and that a rift could be brewing between Dirk and Finley. And it's bad enough that people are dogging on Finley, they're now laughing that he thought he was double-teamed and fouled.

And if it was supposed to be a simple joke, why act like you were searching for a link when Mary asked for one? You're response was to take the joke further by saying that maybe they took it down to avoid further problems. As if the FWST was going to cover up a story of this magnitude.

I don't put this story in the same category as KG's, Dooby's, or Murph's similar jokes because they put their names in the story so there was no confusion from the start.

I'll give you credit for a good job of deceiving people with what you wrote, I just find it disgusting that people are believing it and passing it on as fact.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #110
Richard

Richard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Male22Dan...You don't know me or whether or not I have a great sense of humor, ok? You thought it was funny. I didn't and posted my thoughts like everyone else here.

I said this was irresponsible because this went to other message boards and people still don't understand it was a joke. You have people out there believing those quotes from Nelson on Bradley. That fighting is going on inside the locker room and that a rift could be brewing between Dirk and Finley. And it's bad enough that people are dogging on Finley, they're now laughing that he thought he was double-teamed and fouled.

And if it was supposed to be a simple joke, why act like you were searching for a link when Mary asked for one? You're response was to take the joke further by saying that maybe they took it down to avoid further problems. As if the FWST was going to cover up a story of this magnitude.

I don't put this story in the same category as KG's, Dooby's, or Murph's similar jokes because they put their names in the story so there was no confusion from the start.

I'll give you credit for a good job of deceiving people with what you wrote, I just find it disgusting that people are believing it and passing it on as fact.
Well, I was duped because I didn't think Maverick fans would just out and out lie to other mav fans. In case dickhead didn't notice, most of the fans who bother to log on and spend time take the mavs seriously.

I'm kind of new to this board. Didn't know that kind of abuse of other postes was tolerated. If I had known it was common as posted on this thread (oops, that may just be another "joke" by somebody), I would never have wasted my time here. If this is what the folks who control this site thinks is funny, they have just as much problem with immaturity as Mavsfan22. Why bother to post to anything here if folks are going to say it was all just a lie to be a joke. That kind of poster ought to be banned. But the biggest joke of all is what it proves about what a joke this board is for allowing that kind of crap. So which is it, more jokes or immature folks in charge?
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:30 PM   #111
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Male22Dan - you have made a crappy day worse for a lot of people. Only an ass would trick people who have just had their emotions trampled by the last two games. You might have fooled a lot of people (myself included) but now that the dust has settled YOU have been revealed to be the fool. Your opinions will never be taken seriously again.

You have done a fine job of making yourself into an ass and a fool. Congrats!
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #112
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

No...

That would be you who is duped... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Nice try. This was real cute. But I wasn't duped. Besides, the Walker quote just sounded too made up... that coupled with the "Author" I just knew it was fake. I didn't know it was you that wrote it, but I knew it was fake.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:56 PM   #113
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

What's with the negativity ShaggyDirk? BTW, I'm gonna have to disagree with your quote about Shawn Bradley. Since when is he "begging to be dunked on"? Last I checked he averages 4.7 blocks per 48 minutes. Sorry but if Shawn Bradley plays more, we have a better chance of winning.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #114
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Male22Dan - you have made a crappy day worse for a lot of people. Only an ass would trick people who have just had their emotions trampled by the last two games. You might have fooled a lot of people (myself included) but now that the dust has settled YOU have been revealed to be the fool. Your opinions will never be taken seriously again.

Come on Max take it easy. It was a joke and it was very well done. Otherwise he wouldn´t have fooled so many people. Some of the things really could have been said. Nelson might say something like this about Bradley. Dirk should say something like the fake quote no doubt, maybe not to the press though. The only stupid thing was the Fin quote cause he´s never been a guy who makes excuses.

Overall I think we shouldn´t take all this tooo seriously.

Edit: I agree with what Mary says below though. There´s no need to constantly pat yourself on the back Dan. It wasn´t that funny.

Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:07 PM   #115
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No...

15[/quote]

urrgggh...MaleDan, if you don't be careful, you're going to break your arm patting yourself on the back. I didn't think it was terribly funny, but I wasn't terribly offended by it either. But if you're going to post a hoax, you should FULLY EXPECT that you're going to get bashed for it and piss a few people off. So yes, you DO actually deserve whatever poo comes your way.

But to threaten to leave a message board over something like this - that's being a bit "thin" skinned IMO. In the end, its really not that big of a deal.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:12 PM   #116
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

All of you punks can kiss my ass to be perfectly frank...

I dont give a damn at this point about you Max/MFFL, a person that I have always supported and been nice to...

I dont give a damn at this point about Richard, (who by the way better have something said to him for calling me a dickhead)...

And I sure dont care that this joke was MOVED TO ANOTHER BOARD... OH NO... NOT THAT... NOT THE 24 VISITOR LMF!!! AHHHH... THE THOUGHT...

The fact that people could get riled up about an article that was wrote by JEFF SPICOLI/MALE22DAN WITH SO MANY MISTAKES just makes me laugh that much harder... I have true remorse for the people that I offended that can avoid using names and being straight up mean... People like Max, MFF, RICHARD - MOST OF ALL YOU, can all kiss my ass as far as I am concerned...

You dont like the joke, guess what... TOUGH... TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH... Sucks to be you guys... But two of the three of you fell for it, so that is likely why... Everyone else, (and mods, Im sure you can check my PMs... Look to see how much positive has come from this as opposed to the TWO people who have been negative), has not had a problem with it...

It was a simple joke that I DID TRY TO RUN WITH, MFF, WHEN MARY STARTED QUESTIONING IT... IT HAD GOTTEN PRETTY FAR AT THAT POINT AND I WANTED TO SEE WHERE IT WOULD GO...

Like I have to explain my joke to the likes of you three... Or anyone, regardless of their SELF PROCLAIMED title on this board...

The majority liked it, and the minority can kiss my ass, (with the exception of those that have already spoke to me about it - mary, U2, smiles, and others I am temporariliy forgetting with the class not to be an ass)...
Old 04-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #117
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power

I actually want to respond to you specifically...

Regarding the crappy day statement... Frankly, my intentions were not evil or to anger anyone, so I can only say I am sorry for those that I truly OFFENDED... And regarding me being an ass... Well look at my post before this one to know what I think about that... I am no fool either - again see above message... Regarding my opinions... I dont care if you or the few morons that are bashing me take me serious or not... I post quality messages and I am a good person... I just wanted to make everyone laugh... I didnt know it would be taken this far... But whatever...
Old 04-21-2004, 09:19 PM   #118
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Richard
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

Well, I was duped because I didn't think Maverick fans would just out and out lie to other mav fans. In case dickhead didn't notice, most of the fans who bother to log on and spend time take the mavs seriously.

I'm kind of new to this board. Didn't know that kind of abuse of other postes was tolerated. If I had known it was common as posted on this thread (oops, that may just be another "joke" by somebody), I would never have wasted my time here. If this is what the folks who control this site thinks is funny, they have just as much problem with immaturity as Mavsfan22. Why bother to post to anything here if folks are going to say it was all just a lie to be a joke. That kind of poster ought to be banned. But the biggest joke of all is what it proves about what a joke this board is for allowing that kind of crap. So which is it, more jokes or immature folks in charge?
More like an old fart with a corn cob up his butt...
Old 04-21-2004, 09:20 PM   #119
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Wohoo, so much fuss about nothing. Telling people they can kiss your ass certainly doesn´t make you look good Dan.

Anyways I´m locking this before it gets totally out of control. If you all feel this thread shouldn´t be locked please PM me.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:20 PM   #120
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Can I nominate this thread to be locked? I think its officially gotten ugly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote