Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-24-2004, 03:24 AM   #1
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default MJ - The World's Worst Shoe Salesman

After trying hard to put stains on his legacy in Washington, Michael Jordan continues to disappoint his fans, at least here in Taiwan. On his recent Asia Tour to promote his brand, he made a brief stop in Taipei. He probably didn't know that the media started to announce the arrival of the Greatest Basketball Player Ever about two weeks before he showed up raising the expectations of his many fans (basketball is, together with baseball, the number 1 sport in Taiwan) who never had the chance to see him during his playing days. To make it short, they were badly disappointed. Jordan spend 23 hours in Taiwan. He had a 30 minute press appearance and a total of around 3 minutes where fans could see their idol (this including arrival and departure at airport, walk from/to limousine/hotel). THREE MINUTES! What an insult! At least he could have said some nice words to the several hundred fans who bought tickets to see him, sign some balls and throw it into the crowd, anything. Those fans have cheered for him and bought his over-priced shoes and shirts for years.
Oh, I forgot, he did meet some 'fans' who reportedly were allowed to sit on his lap. Young teens crazy about basketball? Nope. Some hot chicks at a fancy night club.

Sales of Michael's shoes will surely skyrocketing in the coming weeks...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2004, 05:17 AM   #2
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:MJ - The World's Worst Shoe Salesman

That's how Jordan is, an ass by nature. But sorry to hear that anyway.

Are you from Taipei?
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:00 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I heard Jordan say that "Taiwan's overrated" but I could be mistaken.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE: MJ - The World's Worst Shoe Salesman

I agree. Jordan should spend a lot more time in Taiwan. Its a big market especially since his shoes are made there for 50 cents a pop.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Yup... heard that over a radio station when I was in a bookstore in Dallas. The media in Taiwan definitely didn't have any kind words about Jordan.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

swearing in chinese?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
LOL nope... they made it sound like MJ is a horny old man. Or maybe he is? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Who wouldn't want some hot asian chicks sitting on his lap? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:58 AM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
let me tell you, it aint pretty! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]