Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
arkuo

arkuo is on a distinguished road
Default long trade.. but a good one..

after seeing all proposed trades, i've mixed them all up added some players to it and came up with this one..

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.4 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Nazr Mohammed (7.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.1 minutes)
C Marcus Camby (8.6 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.0 minutes)
SF Rodney White (7.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, +8.2 rpg, and -2.3 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (8.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.1 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Chicago receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 82 games)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: -6.1 ppg, -1.8 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Nazr Mohammed (7.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.1 minutes)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.0 minutes)
New York receives: PF Antonio Davis (8.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 80 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 80 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, -9.0 rpg, and +4.0 apg.

Denver trades: C Marcus Camby (8.6 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.0 minutes)
SF Rodney White (7.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Denver receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 65 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.6 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

2nd trade..

Dallas trades: SF Eduardo Najera (3.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 29.0 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Alonzo Mourning (8.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.9 minutes)
SG Kerry Kittles (13.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.7 minutes)
SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.0 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

New Jersey trades: SF Rodney Rogers (7.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 20.4 minutes)
C Alonzo Mourning (8.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.9 minutes)
PF Kenyon Martin (16.7 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
SG Kerry Kittles (13.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.7 minutes)
New Jersey receives: SF Eduardo Najera (3.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 58 games)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 82 games)
SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 72 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.2 ppg, -6.8 rpg, and -3.5 apg.

Indiana trades: SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.2 minutes)
Indiana receives: PF Kenyon Martin (16.7 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 65 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and -1.2 apg

just don't bother the stats coz most of the minuses go to dallas for absorbing mourning's contract...

C- camby / nazr / bradley
PF- dirk / fortson
SF- artest / howard
SG- quis / kittles
PG- nash / stefansson / delk

we won't have any problems with the cneter posistion anymore with camby and nazr..

we get artest for martin to avoid an overflow of forwards..

kittles comes off the bench..

dirk and nash are still together.. we get to keep the 2 rookies..

but i don't think we could add camby and artest to play defense unless nellie gets fired with his "all-offense" mentality...

i guess it's still a good try..

thoughts?
arkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
arkuo

Default RE:long trade.. but a good one..

oh and i forgot, we still have taw, mourning and rogers in the injured list.. rogers can bang bodies and can shoot jumpers so he can also be of good use come playoff time..

chicago does it because they can get rid of davis' contract and send crawford to new york.. there were rumors that chicago is willing to send crawford to new york so now is the time..

new york loves crawford but they have to eat up davis' contrat too.. they could get him for 3 players that cannot share minutes in the team.. they would also want to make room for sweetney.. since they've got davis, they wouldn't have to use thomas, nazr and dikembe anymore..

denver is looking for big men to help inside.. kurt thomas would be good and dikembe could pass on his skills to nene.. he could also be a veteran voice for the young team.. they would also solidify the 5 spot with 2 servicable centers for camby...

new jersey might wanna think bout losing mourning's contract in the process.. they were the favorites in the east and expectations even grew higher when they aquired alonzo.. but it was a shame to be eliminated a season afeter they entered the finals.. and they also might wanna let go of kittles to also make room and give more minutes to jefferson.. finley and jamison IMO would make good players in the east.. and they also left kittles unprotected for the expansion draft so it means they have already no use for him..

indiana is sure to rebuild.. i'd personally would want to keep martin in dallas but he couldn't play C or SF.. so might as well trade him to indiana for artest.. martin can play defense and they would add offense without losing rebounds.. martin and jermaine would make a good frontcourt pair..

IMO, it's time dallas made some major changes.. it's a shame they lost some close games to the kings.. if this trade were to happen, i bet they woudn't hear the word "losing" for quite some time.. but for the mean time, they should fire nellie first for these trades to happen..
Old 06-17-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
arkuo

i gave it a thought, and i really think this team with camby, dirk, artest, quis, nash and kittles off th ebench would beat the lakers, spurs, kings, and even the pistons of today.. this would make dallas a real contender and a true western power that has it's equal share of offense and defense.. if only artest would learn to share the ball and camby learns to accept his role in dallas, just play tight D for the 2 guys and leave most of the scoring to dirk, nash, quis and kittles, we might be getting somewhere.. just fire nellie, that's a good start IMO.. he added a whole lot of offense to a team that already had more than enough.. so simply means that dirk, finley and nash wouldn't make the shots thay used to do last season with walker and jamison..

i really hate nellie.. why don't we sign phil jackson here in dallas? hahaha he was reported to be leaving LA.. now that's a new topic.. most people here talk bout trading players, why not talk about coaches? who do you think cuban should get to replace nellie as GM and coach? (i was just kidding bout phil jackson so don't take it seriously) i'm just curious who you guys think would be the perfect mentor with a mindset that includes adding DEFENSE to a team that badly needs it...

thoughts?
Old 06-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

No way in hell Denver does this trade. Absolutlely no reason to exam it further.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:06 PM   #5
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Why does New Jersey trade for two max salary players???
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #6
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

I don't think the second trade happens either because NJ values defense so highly. They would be getting 2 players that play poor defense. If they did just feel they needed a scorer like Jamison though, I think I would do the trade if I were Cuban. I think Artest and Kittles would be a big upgrade over Jamison and Finley, especially with the major defensive needs the Mavs have.
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:27 PM   #7
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

If we could somehow trick NJ into doing trade #2, but that would be pretty sweet but pretty hard...
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote