Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:No Shaq w/o trading Dirk

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
who are we going to rotate to "help" Bradley, Dirk the defensive monster or Walker. He wasn't on the floor all that much because he was as much an ascet as he was a liability. The Mavs won last year at the end of the season when they played small ball, and all of 02 for that matter. Don't get me wrong at hate small ball, but thats how the team wins built like it is.
Walker's D wasn't that bad last season when he was guarding 4s. When he had to start guarding the 3's and 5's is when he looked more like a liability.
if by liability you mean "sieve" then you are dead on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2004, 11:33 AM   #42
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
who are we going to rotate to "help" Bradley, Dirk the defensive monster or Walker. He wasn't on the floor all that much because he was as much an ascet as he was a liability. The Mavs won last year at the end of the season when they played small ball, and all of 02 for that matter. Don't get me wrong at hate small ball, but thats how the team wins built like it is.
Maybe you should try some pills FCC, they have some for those constantly having departures from reality. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You have it wrong about 02 though. As basketball jones has aptly pointed out yet once again we went 40-7 with Bradley getting 20+ minutes and 19-15 when he played under 20 minutes. Yes we did win when we played small ball but not as much as when we played Bradley significant minutes. Bradley's numbers haven't been on a steady decline on a per minute basis. No one can get good numbers when the coach refuses to play them. It was said that Dean Smith was the only one who could hold Michael Jordan under 20 pts/game. The same can be said about Nellie keeping Bradley's numbers down. But the important fact is that when given significant playing time Bradley greatly impacts in a positive manner all the teams stats and most importantly the winning %. Bradley will never be a Shaq or anywhere close to it, but he is one of the best centers in a league starved for center talent. and Shawn can add a hell of a lot of defense to a team dying for defensive help. Shawn has shown the ability to play well one on one except against Shaq who no one can guard one on one. More importantly Shawn is a great help defender and shot blocker. I don't know what is the basis of your man hate for Bradley but if you could objectively look at the numbers you'd see how much Shawn helps the Mavs when Nellie pulls his head out of his ass and plays Bradley. Look at Sacramento. With Shawn playing heavy minutes we beat them last year in our regular season series. Without Shawn playing we lose to the Queens in 5 games in the playoffs.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:35 AM   #43
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm curious to see who those 7 losses were to. Would that happen to be the more elite teams in the league?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 PM   #44
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Quote:
If Shaq really wants to be in Dallas, he will be here. If not this coming season, then the season he opts out.
Its not as easy as you think......

You see, come next season, Shaq will know this will definitely be his last "big pay day." So Dallas better clear some room if they want him.

And if he does opt out for Dallas next season, it still might take a sign-and-trade for him to land here cause the Lakers wont let a player of his value walk so easily wothout getting anything in return.
I agree it is more complicated, but the Lakers must get rid of Shaq in order to sign Kobe. They're being held over a barrel and the Mavs can benefit from that.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:00 PM   #45
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

If Shaq is a Laker next year he isn't getting his paid. I don't believe no team is 30 million dollars under the cap and that's alot for a guy who will then be 35. The only realistic chance of Shaq getting his pay day is with Cuban and that is the reason why he wants to come here. HE isn't coming here because he likes the Dallas area he is coming here for that pay day.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote