Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default Near trade that was denied

I heard on ESPN 103.3 this morning that Dallas offered Finley to the Bulls for the 3rd pick. The Bulls turned it down and then Dallas moved onto the Wizards. Sounds like to me Dallas is trying to get a high pick to package somewhere else. I have a funny feeling that Tmac will be a Mav. Maybe a package where we get Tmac and there #1 for our #5 and a host of other players. who knows....it should make for a great night tonight.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Near trade that was denied

I heard that too. I wonder what else was involved? Something is going on and I have no idea what it is.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

The newest buzz is Finley for Antonio Davis & #7, then we ship out Walker/Stack/Laettner & the 5th and 7th picks to LA for Shaq, then LA sends Stackhouse to NY for Kurt Thomas & filler. Its RIDICULOUSLY far fetched.. but works on Realgm.

LA gets 2 top 10 picks and $20 million worth of expiring contracts to build with
Mavs add Shaq while keeping Dirk & Nash intact
Bulls get their hometown guy they've always wanted and good leader for their young guys
Knicks get a flashy scorer to sell tickets with Starbury
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That scenario gives me tired head, but it does make alot of sense. The Lakers would have a ton of expiring contracts and two high draft picks. The Mavs would have Shaq, Dirk, AND Steve. The Bulls would lose a bad contract for another bad contract..but, a home town guy. They wouldn't have to take on yet another kid in the draft. I can't imagine that they're looking forward to adding even more kids. The Knicks ..well, I would rather have KT than Stack but surely Stack would make the Knicks pants go crazy.

There's simply too many moving pieces in this scenario for it to actually happen in my opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:40 AM   #5
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Still easier and makes more sense to trade with GS. Walker/Laettner/#5 for NVE/Dampier/#11 and give the Lakers the offer of getting into that. NVE/Laettner/Dampier/#11 to LA, Payton/Fox/Walker/#5 to GS and Shaq to dallas. We don't have to trade Fin at all to get that done. LA gets 3 starters especially a center and a lotto pick. They might prefer the #5 and #7 picks instead to force us to lose Fin just to weaken our team. My preference is that we do the deal with GS and they can take it for Shaq or we keep NVE/Dampier/#11 ourselves.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Near trade that was denied

Dampier belongs in a toilet, not in a Maverick uniform.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:49 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Only the Mavs would believe Finley is worth a top 10 pick at this stage. Of course, they're on a roll in terms of fleecing the other team.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:17 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
MadApe, Dampier would be a key piece in trading for Shaq if we could acquire him.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:48 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
MadApe, Dampier would be a key piece in trading for Shaq if we could acquire him.
one man's garbage is another man's Dampier....monkey, if it lands shaq in dallas then screw the road that gets him here!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If Dampier lands in the Lakers lap, their lap will be covered in poo. This will make the ape very happy.

It will not make the ape happy if the Mavericks' lap is covered in poo.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:59 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Dampier lands in the Lakers lap, their lap will be covered in poo. This will make the ape very happy.
It will not make the ape happy if the Mavericks' lap is covered in poo.
it is always funny to think of poo on the Lakers and NEVER FUNNY to think of poo on the Mavs.....LAKER POO = SMILE, MAV POO=ANGER AND BALLED UP FISTS.....BRILLIANT POINT MONKEY! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I hope Mavs know what their doing because once you trade Finley and Walker Mavs no longer have any trade bait.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:19 AM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Howard
Old 06-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I hope Mavs know what their doing because once you trade Finley and Walker Mavs no longer have any trade bait.
still have expiering contracts, still have the #5.....is not trade bait in your book?...

Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
still have expiering contracts, still have the #5.....is not trade bait in your book?...

I'm speaking after this season. If the Mavs fail to get any further in the playoffs they aren't going to have the expiring Walker contract nor Jamison or Finley anymore. The next thing is going to be to trade Nash. I doubt Josh gets us anything more than a project which is the 10th pick in the draft.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:26 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Q]I'm speaking after this season. If the Mavs fail to get any further in the playoffs they aren't going to have the expiring Walker contract nor Jamison or Finley anymore. The next thing is going to be to trade Nash. I doubt Josh gets us anything more than a project which is the 10th pick in the draft.[/quote]
i see.....specify

Old 06-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #17
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

tHE NEW BIG 3 = Nash, Nowitzki & O'Neal?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote