Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2004, 11:01 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Fisher to Dallas 2?

I read on another board that if Shaq ends up in Dallas, Derek F will follow. That will be good if Nash is included in the deal.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Fisher to Dallas 2?

I would love to have Fisher here in Dallas. This guy can play, a team player, and never complaint about PT.
He did great as a starting PG for the lakers for many years. Then Gary came in and didn't do jack sh*t, and took over his starting spot.

Also, he doesn't cost much either. He was schedule to make 3 mil next year.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Fisher to Dallas 2?

My word. I hope Fisher does'nt end up here in Dallas, because that would most likely mean that Nash is gone. If Nash is dealt or walks, this team won't be competing for a championship anytime soon. Daddy or not.
IF Nash is gone however, (ugh)(I think I just threw up in my mouth a little)... Fisher would be a serviceable backup for Quis.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:21 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers lost because too many cooks spoiled the patee, but they could have been closer if they had played Fisher and given the ball to Shaq. Fisher is a smart veteran with a great heart, good leadership skills and a good shot who also plays defense. He's everything that Travis Best was supposed to be.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:23 PM   #5
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Fisher is a free agent - he opted out of his contract. I doubt if he comes here because Daniels will eat up most of our MLE money. I guess he >could< come in a sign-and-trade but I'm not that excited about him.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:24 PM   #6
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

If Lakers dont trade Shaq before the Draft, will Dallas draft

Shaun Livingston
PG | 6-7, 186 | Peoria (Ill.) High School
Why? Again, Livingston has more potential than anyone in the draft. He does things already at his size that no one else can do. Patience will be the key.

so that Shaun Livingston can be dealt to the Lakers, with other contracts excluding( the Big Three) for the Big One and Fisher
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

With Shaq and Dirk at the 4 and 5 position? How can you say the Mavs won't be contending. Let's put our love for our players aside and come back to reality. That alone would help you contend if the Mavs could resign Daniels you could have a lineup of Shaq, Dirk, Josh, Finley and Daniels. Instead of having 2/5 guys capable of playing defense you have 3/5 guys who can. I'm not for trading Nash and I hope he retires a Mav but don't rule out of the possibility of him signing with another team. I think since Mavs fans in recent years haven't really experienced players of the caliber of Nash leaving via free agency they think it won't happen but it could. I can't imagine what the Mavs would do if Nash would leave but they'd definately be contenders. Shaq alone makes you a contender.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:31 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
If Lakers dont trade Shaq before the Draft, will Dallas draft

Shaun Livingston
PG | 6-7, 186 | Peoria (Ill.) High School
Why? Again, Livingston has more potential than anyone in the draft. He does things already at his size that no one else can do. Patience will be the key.

so that Shaun Livingston can be dealt to the Lakers, with other contracts excluding( the Big Three) for the Big One and Fisher
With the emergence of Daniels and Josh I think if the Mavs do keep their pick you have to rule out drafting any small fowards and shooting guards. With Shaun Livingston's height and postion he has to be a guy you draft if he's still there but don't Bobcats pick this guy up? They are in serious need of a pg.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 11:37 PM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

There's no way he slides past the Clippers, IMO.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:48 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
I could see that. I think the reason why the Clipps traded down is because they think they can still get Livingston but I just can't see them taking another young pg under their wing.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 11:51 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

In which case...I guess they could be looking at Ben Gordon.

I do love the sound of Livingston. I'd much rather have him than Pavel, unless we could work a raping of a deal that netted us Dale Davis, and Portland's 2 first rounders. We'd most likely be able to select Pavel and Ramos.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen Gordon and Livingston going to the Clips in various mock drafts. If Livingston made it I'd be very tempted to take him. The kid really does have some amazing playmaking skills, though it'll be at least a year before he can contribute anything - he's got to add some muscle mass.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:57 PM   #13
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

But man...after that year...yikes. Dude looks like Penny to me.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:59 PM   #14
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, if Livingston drops, i would take him instead of trading down for Pavel.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:01 AM   #15
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
I dont know about that, the Clippers love Devin Harris also. They could go either way with that pick.

If we pick tomorrow at the 5 spot it should be to draft Harris or Livingston.
Now way we pick Biedrins or Pavel that high. Latest reports have Pavel slipping out of the lottery and as far down as 18 to the Hornets.
If it is not Harris or Livingston it is probably because the pick will be traded.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:09 AM   #16
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Most likely Nash will be included with the Laker trade.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rod1975
My word. I hope Fisher does'nt end up here in Dallas, because that would most likely mean that Nash is gone. If Nash is dealt or walks, this team won't be competing for a championship anytime soon. Daddy or not.
IF Nash is gone however, (ugh)(I think I just threw up in my mouth a little)... Fisher would be a serviceable backup for Quis.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:09 AM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I'm not sure how much the Clipps like Devin Harris after his workout.

1996-2005
Old 06-24-2004, 12:27 AM   #18
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

If Fish means no Quesy F* that.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:28 AM   #19
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

If Nash is going to LA for Shaq (and I'm not sold on that yet), then this pick could be getting the Mavs their future PG.

I think it's more likely the Mavs pick someone who would appeal to the Lakers more. I think Dallas wants Dirk and Nash WITH Shaq.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:34 AM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine Nash agreeing to any sign-and-trade outside of Phoenix or Toronto. I just don't see it.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:39 AM   #21
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I can't imagine Nash agreeing to any sign-and-trade outside of Phoenix or Toronto. I just don't see it.
I think you can safely take Toronto out. I really don't think Nash wants to leave...and if he plays hard ball, LA can't get him no matter what. He really does have leverage because he can simply walk to Phoenix...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:29 AM   #22
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I've expressed my love for Livingston before, and think he could easily become the best player from this draft (see my Interesting Trade Proposal with the Clippers thread.) However, I don't see him being available at 5. I think he's pretty well linked with the Clips. However, the Clips might go for a more established PG like Gordon or Harris. If he's available, I'd love for us to scoop him up.

Draft Livingston
Trade Nash, Howard, Walker (don't know if that's enough salary wise, so other filler) for Shaq

PG - Daniels/Livingston
SG - Stackhouse
SF - Finley
PF - Dirk
C - Shaq

dirty.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:32 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

baby points....Nelson would hate that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:28 PM   #24
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
baby points....Nelson would hate that.
ummmm.....f*** nellie

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth...on the radio with Norm this morning, Donnie said that it was "very likely" that Livingston would still be there at 5.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
For what it's worth...on the radio with Norm this morning, Donnie said that it was "very likely" that Livingston would still be there at 5.
There's a big chance. No one with the exception of Howard and Okafor is necessarily set to go at any position of the draft. You don't know what route the Clipps will go nor the Bobcats. Bobcats had a chance at Troy Bell but instead passed him up and moved up in the draft as if they wanted OKafor or Howard.

1996-2005
Old 06-24-2004, 03:24 PM   #27
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Lets be real guys i love nash and he is my second favorite player to dirk. However, to me the idea of a shaq and dirk pairing is ideal. If you can keep nash and dirk great but if not? im sorry but nash has to go if it is him or no shaq. shaq and dirk? and quis? add 2 role players and your set. dirk and shaq would be every bit as deadly as the 2000 shaq and kobe was. individually shaq was better than he is now and kobe would probably be considered better than dirk is now but shaqs and dirks games are perfect for each other. dirk perimeter shaq interior, dirk d glass shaq oglass. i mean its great so i say if you can get it done without dirk anyone else it requires is gone.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote