Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough
Default Going Overboard?

So what if Dallas jumps through all these hoops, & no one bites? We have traded Jamison for two scrubs & potential! I hope that there is a true deal here.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Going Overboard?

I really don't think that the Mavs would have done this trade unless they had something else worked out...I guess well see starting tonight.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I've stated this in another thread. I think Cub assumes that he can get Shaq in here without giving up Dirk but I think Lakers think otherwise. Lakers know Shaq and Dirk on the same team is going to be hell for the NBA. That's why he wants Dirk in the first place. I don't see Cuban doing the deal with giving up Dirk and I don't see Lakers doing the deal without the Mavs giving up Shaq. Someone is going to be in a world of hurt this summer and I hope it isn't us.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:19 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Scrubs? Come on...Stackhouse isnt a Superstar, and perhaps not even a "Star" anymore- but a scrub? Please... he is far from that..and a #5? Worse case senerio,even without a huge deal in the works, Dallas didnt do that bad on this deal.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
Scrubs? Come on...Stackhouse isnt a Superstar, and perhaps not even a "Star" anymore- but a scrub? Please... he is far from that..and a #5? Worse case senerio,even without a huge deal in the works, Dallas didnt do that bad on this deal.

Well in a way they did. They traded a 6'9 foward who can put up 22 a night on atleast 45% shooting from the field for a guy whose best years are behind him. The number 5 pick only looks good if someone the Mavs can use is there. It's like last season. Mavs got alot in return for Nick but weren't we a better team with Nick on it? With Jamison we had a proven star in this league. Only way I approve of this deal is if we still bring in Shaq which is what the Mavs are trying to do. We'll see if they get it done.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Going Overboard?

Holy crap...I don't think I've ever seen Reeds agree with anything the Mavs did ;-)
Old 06-24-2004, 04:27 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
Reeds is right. The Mavs did well in the trade and they dumped a max contract. I liked Jamison, but this was a good deal even if nothing else pans out.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #8
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Crap! I never thought I'd see the day when Doc agreed with something reeds said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #9
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

#5 is a very interesting pick. IF Dallas gets a big man, I lean toward the idea they are keeping the pick. IF they take a PG, it could mean Nash is gone, or be insurance for Nash. Makes it more interesting, as to the final outcome. Remember one thing: Cuban said he was looking to get younger big men. (Of course, I could have purple gummy bear undies on too. So much for relivance.)

As much as I liked Jamison, we have 3s. We have 4s. We really need a 5.

Just ruminating...
Old 06-24-2004, 04:42 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Going Overboard?

If they take a PG it could mean that they have approached Nash about a S&T to LA.

If they take Podkolzine that high it means we overpaid.

There is not a big man on the board at 5 that will be worth taking or couldn't get wiht a much lower pick.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:58 PM   #11
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

I agree. From all signs, 5 is just too high. But, you never know. And they may trade down now. The outcome may not be known for a month...